Options

Comments

• sal_III
    sal_III Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    EveryWhere wrote: »
    What you wrote was;

The part in bold is the only part of your statement that was accurate. The rest of your statement is/was entirely fictional.

So if you don't know how it works and won't take the time to investigate, then you should admit that your views are purely conjecture.

I don't understand why you feel the need to disagree. If you admit that you don't know, that is an admission that you are guessing.

The difference between us, is that I know, because I did take the time to investigate it. I also choose to not share the information with you.

So I can state categorically, that your statement is entirely made up and inaccurate.

That's it. You have had your say and I had mine.

Let's move on.
    I can't tell you how the scam works, as I'm not the scammer who's pushing it. I have reasonable suspicion that I shared. I have no need to spend time/money investigating.

The difference between us is that I'm trying to protect other readers from a scam, sharing my reasoning, while you are trying to essentially defend the scam, by insisting my claim is wrong, without providing a shred of evidence to that effect.

On the last point we are in agreement - Let's move on, your are not going to change my mind without proof, nor I'm going to change yours, since like I said I can't prove a negative.
  • EveryWhere
    EveryWhere Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Options
    sal_III wrote: »
    I can't tell you how the scam works, as I'm not the scammer who's pushing it. I have reasonable suspicion that I shared. I have no need to spend time/money investigating.

The difference between us is that I'm trying to protect other readers from a scam, sharing my reasoning, while you are trying to essentially defend the scam, by insisting my claim is wrong, without providing a shred of evidence to that effect.

On the last point we are in agreement - Let's move on, your are not going to change my mind without proof, nor I'm going to change yours, since like I said I can't prove a negative.

I have not once asked you to change your mind. I am simply informing you that your synopsis of what takes place is and was,completely wrong.
    Other than that, I choose to not share the details with you.
    If you want to know, you can find out for yourself.
    It makes no difference to me. I am only responding with facts.

The fact is that you are wrong. You are conjecturing that it is a scam, but you cannot link to even a single report of anyone claiming they have been scammed.

You'll just find people like yourself pontificating, but not actually knowing. The reason why I know this is because I actually checked.

Understand the difference?

I'm not making a judgement. I am just reporting the facts and they are not what you suggest they might be.
    How can you be protecting people from something that you don't understand?
  • AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You are not reporting facts atall.

Office 365 without subscription cannot be bought

^^ That is a fact - so you know the difference
    When you buy from ebay, 'someone' has subscribed - and you are using that subscription, for however long it lasts
  • EveryWhere
    Options
    AndyPix wrote: »
    <snip>

So not willing to put the £1000 up for charity to back up your statement. That's all I needed to know.
    If you don't mind, I'll just place you on ignore. If you change your mind about putting up the £1000 to charity in order to see the proof, let me know.
    Worth it to me, to see a worthwhile charity benefit.
  • AndyPix
    edited 14 November 2019 at 5:16PM
    Options
    Go on then, post here how one can buy an office 365 license, that is a 1 time purchase and will last forever, and I will donate £1k to cancer research.

However if it can be proven that you are wrong, you do the donation

And we are not talking about using a school email address to have a free or discounted subscription, because that is still a subscription.

We want a license
  • sal_III
    Options
    You have stated ZERO facts only your own opinion, which is not shared by anyone else (unlike mine)
    You want facts, of people being scammed by these - here are some:
    https://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=elkaem&myworld=true&items=25&iid=-1&de=off&which=negative&interval=365

https://www.ebay.co.uk/fdbk/feedback_profile/callummanning?filter=period:TWELVE_MONTHS,overall_rating:NEGATIVE&limit=25

https://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=eastyhkr&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&searchInterval=30&which=negative&interval=365&_trkparms=negative_365

Some of the comments confirm my suspicion that this is a enterprise account resell, where the seller can re-allocate licenses at will, and such "resale" is illegal.

I'm sure that you will soon response with some of your own facts opinions and again zero proof of legal working perpetual O365 license
  • sal_III
    Options
    So not willing to put the £1000 up for charity to back up your statement. That's all I needed to know.
    If you don't mind, I'll just place you on ignore. If you change your mind about putting up the £1000 to charity in order to see the proof, let me know.
    Worth it to me, to see a worthwhile charity benefit.
    I will donate £1000 to charity and another £100 to you personally, for your trouble the moment you show me proof of the existence of a legal Office 365 one off payment license.

Holding my breath....
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,477 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Seems some are using this; https://www.hotukdeals.com/vouchers/50-off-100-3327249 to reduce the price to £280.

It's much the same laptop as is in post #3. Though with 8GB of RAM and new. £280 for new isn't bad.

Just posted up on HUKD - use the code PEHE9 and six months BNPL to get 20% credit back, effectively making this £263.99.
  • EveryWhere
    Options
    sal_III wrote: »
    I will donate £1000 to charity and another £100 to you personally, for your trouble the moment you show me proof of the existence of a legal Office 365 one off payment license.

Holding my breath....

I have little doubt that you would bend your definitions and argue until the cows come home.

What I stated was that your statement;
    From first glance reading the terms it looks like you are getting an account attached to a domain/company operated by the seller, you will likely receive a trial account/key that will work just long enough to leave positive review on e-bay, until it bombs. Then the seller will create a new account, rinse and repeat.

was not necessarily correct.

I cannot speak for every single seller, since no one can speak for every single seller on eBay.
    I just know what works and what is being sold by the ones that do work.

I wrote from the beginning that I was not going to discuss it here, but for some reason you think that if you bang on and on, that I will change my mind.

I clicked through your first link and it's to a seller who is still active where 91.6% of his sales are marked positive and the people complaining that it didn't work, have purchased in the same time period as the ones that did work.

That suggests to me, user error. Perhaps they didn't understand how the product works.

If you think about it, not unlike this forum, wherein we have to explain things that may appear relatively simple to us.
    So, it makes no change to what I have suggested. It's quite clear as to what is being sold and if you don't understand it, then perhaps you don't know as much as you think that you do. But I won't be discussing it here.

No need, like certain other members, to get angry and frustrated because i won't discuss it here.

All I am stating is that it is not necessarily a scam in the way that you describe. The problem is that the more that you drag it out here, the more people will be curious. So somehow counterproductive.

I was happy to leave it at "it ain't necessarily so". Unfortunately a relatively innocuous comment has lead to both yourself and AndyPix getting into a bit of a lather.
  • AndyPix
    edited 14 November 2019 at 5:58PM
    Options
    Thought so .. And yes it is a scam.
    Whatever you have bought wont last forever, hence isn't perpetual.

Because they cannot be bought - which is what I said.

Now if you had just not had that burning need to be right all the time, and everybody else be wrong , then this thread would have been a much tidier place.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure