Saving the pennies......

Options

Comments

• jules81
    jules81 Posts: 121 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you both so much.

Unfortunately i struggled so much in night i phoned ward who phoned crisis team. Crisis team came out to see me ( and should be coming back with meds) i dont know if i need longer in hospital? My parents ate in there 70s and are struggling to cope with me.

So didnt go out with my friends.

Just went to sainsburys with my dad. Got
    Mum flowers-£4
    Mum 70th birthday card-£3
    Tub of sweets when we see my cousions children in April£4
    3x fiber one bars ( on offer) £4.50
    Toy for DS for birthday £4.50 instead on £9
    Deodrant £1.50
    Hot choc £1

I remembered to use my nectar card. Ive got £30 in vouchers to use with ds over half term-if i am well enough.

I am now in bath.

I put a post on another part of forum as i am worried about money. When i do move 'home' not sure if it will really be home without ds? But my cat is there.

Fob is taking tv so i know i need to buy one of them. I am keeping sofa and table and my bed and paying him off £400.

Its so much to take in-my head is a mess xxx
  • jules81
    Options
    So ive come 'home'

My savings look like this-

Holidays-caravan feb, aug cottage, oct butlins( all paid for caravan 1/2 by friend sun deal. Cottage paid in full when booked. Butlins pressie from grandparents for Christmas) so just need spending momey. All self catering.
    Feb£50
    Cottage-£300 ( some for petrol)
    Butlins-£300 ( again some for petrol)
    So meed £650 by oct
    Hoping to save £50 each month-£800 by oct but can maybe book sun caravan for next year out of this xxx

Cat ( vet bills-have insurance-so for annual injections -dec 2019 (, food ( science plan) and flea/worming
    Savings£50
    Save -£15 a month

Home insurance-due dec 2019
    £60
    Saved
    £10 per month

I will add to this

Savings-for things going wrong
    £300
    Hope to save £50 a month

Xxxx
  • jules81
    Options
    I Spent £7 on food for ds. Ds is living with fob-divorce is STILL really early days. He says he dosent want maintenance. I will have him 4 x 3 hours after school and 1 x 9.45-6 pm on weekend.

I bought ds, crisps, brownie, ribena, apple juice and fish he likes. I have no idea on child maintance. I think bevause fob looks afyer his dad 2 x a week and works 3 other days ds will be intitled to school meals. I will feed him tea. But obviously Fob WILL do wadhing, heating, lighting etc. I feel it maybe beyter to dd money each week-however i LIKE to feel i am doing somethinh-so like buying ds bits.

Right now i get pip and contributed esa-i am still paying half on all bills. If i am in hospital longer than 28 days my pip will stop. I go back tomorrow and see what consultant says.

Xxxx
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Good luck with everything Jules. It's hard enough going through a divorce without the mh and disability issues you face everyday too. It's good to have some nice holidays to save for and gives you something positive to focus on and to look forward to.
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • jules81
    Options
    Yep it is hunny. I am looking forward to my hols espically ones with ds.

Had a NSD

At home with ds after school watching the good dinosaur

Dad is sorting out house price with fib tonight-so we will roughly find out what i will owe my parents back.

I was discharged from hospital-so at least i fong need to worry about pip stopping :) so 1 good thing.

Ive got to go collect my meds at 7pm as they wernt ready. My dad is driving me. But psychatrist said i can drive :) not that i have car. But dads goung to add me on insurance come march.

Ive been thinking about saving up to paint my room. Once i move back in. But that coukd be 6 months.

Xxxx
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    OMG. I am amazed you are still posting well done. It is great that you are staying with your parents and spending time with DS. Just take it a day at a time. Bless you. Sending hugs,:j
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • jules81
    Options
    The divorce has really hit me. Ive max out on PRN meds. I was nearly taken back into hospital yesterday when i saw crisis. I NEED to stay strong for DS.

I went to mataland they had LOADS in sale-i bought NOTHING. But we went to morrision i bought DS tea for next week ( mostly reduced meat) spent £21. But £7 was on cardi i might take back. Plus 2 pot PB2 which was £8. Ds he ate chicken breast new pot and peas. Had a brownie a cut up apple and toast and peanut butter-i think he maybe going through growth spurt! He went to carer group tonight. He likes it there.

Saw DS rang and updated tax creduts with actual income-not esteimate. That was a LONG phone call. We will owe it back once fob and ds move out i will stop claim.

I am not sure how i will cope for money i get ESA contribution based and PIP

While FOB is in the house. I am just paying mortgage AND some water-not sure on amount. We need to figure it out. I do all my washing up there ( mums in her 70 she cant do it) and cook ds tea there 5 x a week. And heat up my soup ( i cant swallow-they think its anxiety-so living off soup right now.

It was mums 70th birthday we hope to go to hotel 40 mins away tomorrow and sat night. Because FOB hasnt told me about bills i am unsure of money. Ds is coming down sat for meal ( dad has said he will pay-dont think he should pay for fob but bet he ends up doing so) so i only need money for tea ( soup tomorrow) and will buy my parents a drink-mum will be white wine spritz dad may even have coke and coffee after meal-maybe treat mum to bailey one. So £25. We get breakfast-hoping they may do scrambled egg and tom? I might eat that. Bought cuppa soup for lunch then enterance to playcentre for us all £10. Hope fob will get coffees. Then play on 2p machines-ive got £4 ish in 2ps. Then meal. Fob and ds are leaving at 6pm ish.Sun breakfast. Ds is having breakfast with us at 10am Then will probably take ds to park ( bought loaf of bread to feed ducks today) maybe buy him ice cream ( i know there is snow-BUT he 6 :) ) so hoping the £50 in bank will be enough. Ive had 1 drink out this week a cogfee with my auntie at a farm shop. I am trying to STOP unnecessarily spending.

Next month i need to work money coming in/going out when i have house on my own. Eek. I hope i can survive.

Thank you for reading xxxx
  • jules81
    Options
    I bought a shrug, some trousers for ds and teosers for me £13 online from m & s

My heads REALLY strugglying today. Fob sent a txt and i bite back-i wish i hadnt. I could just cry. My emotions are so raw.

Xxxx
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I hope you are feeling better. Can your hospital recommend someone to help you with the finances?
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • jules81
    Options
    They reccomended talking with CAB but untill divorce is final and this finincial seprate-bit of paper come through-which i believe is 6-8 weeks away we are classed as living together still.

We need to sort bills.

Dad bought me a second hand car yesterday-a 10 year old one little vaxhall tigal i think it is. It will give me so much freedom-but i only hsve my licence till june so fx i get it renewed. I think i am going to do car insurance monthly-if i can.

My phone bill was £49. Normal £23 i used so much data in hospital listening to music to distract from voices. The wifi didnt work :(

Away from mum birthday.

Spent £7 yesterday on coffees for my parents.

Ds is coming with ex i hope we can just have a nice day-this is life now-i dont do change bit gotta try for ds.

Mortgage came out thurs.

Xxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family