Cutting Down Alcohol Thread

Options

Comments

• Wanna_Bee_Free
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    Season of Mist, very few of us recognise how much effect alcohol has on us. My OH didn't sleep through the night for 20 years after his mother died, and assumed he'd be like that for the rest of his life. He put it down to the stress of his mother's death and then just accepted it as part of the aging process. Fast forward to me stopping drinking completely, and OH not intending to change his behaviour - of course he did. He'd lost his drinking companion, so gradually, very, very gradually he cut back. He's now sleeping through the night like he used to when he was younger, and only drinking about one quarter of what he did when we were egging each other on

It doesn't matter how you don't drink, as long as you don't when you're aiming for a booze-free night - I love that you couldn't be bothered to walk to the shop, Annie G!

Thanks Honeybear for your post. I have had three nights of bad sleep, telling myself it’s stress, two nights of drinking when aiming for a booze-free night and I want to sleep well tonight and get this downward stress spiral turned around. I intend to be AF tonight so will go and take the chilled bottle of wine out of the fridge. I am going to the gym tonight so don’t want to undo my good work when I get home!
  • fatrab
    fatrab Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    Options
    9/30 and 4/5 SNC for today please Shaggy :)
    You can have results or excuses, but not both.
    Challenge - be 14 Stone BY XMAS!

• GlendaSugarbean
    Options
    10/25 for me today please :)

Managed to resist free Prosecco at work do yesterday :A
  • Green_Karen
    Options
    3/5 on SNC ( I think) and 9/31 AF.
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Early call but 10/25 AFDs for me today
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    Early call for me too, 10/31 and 3/5 for school, nights x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • DelightedMum
    Options
    Good morning all

8 please Shaggy and 3 for the SNC

Had car issues yesterday (exhaust went, big style) whilst at my Mums so I was late picking Piglet up from School (and we've had to walk today - a 30 minute walk from our house and their school starts at 8.30am ) so I was a bit stressed last night. Was sorely tempted to buy a bottle of wine, but resisted the urge. However, I was in a bad mood all evening. Poor hubby wished he'd stayed at work :rotfl:

Maman - have a lovely time away

Honey Bear - thats good news on the scales front :T I always find when I cut down on the wine my sugar intake tends to go up elsewhere so am in awe of anyone that can stop at half a packet of buscuits!

Miss P
    x
    2019 Wins : Pull my Finger Game :rotfl:
    2019 in 2019 challenge No 22: £20.41
    Prolific 2019 : £5.41
    Prolific 2018 £90
    2018 wins : Goats milk Hamper * Personalised Elf * Notebook *
    Swagbucks 2018 £30
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,473 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning all, 8/17 for me please :)
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    5/12 for today please Shaggy
  • shaggydoo
    shaggydoo Posts: 8,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    AnnieG wrote: »
    I heard today that I've been shortlisted for a very exciting job, which is great news,

Good Luck!

We had exciting job news here yesterday too (not me) and normally I'd have joined in the (alcohol ) celebrations BUT I realised that good news is a trigger for me to drink so I celebrated with decaf tea.

A small victory.
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure