Eager Elephant's Effective Everyday Excursion ...

Options

Comments

• Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Divingmad wrote: »
    Hi EE,
    Car is now fixed, garage managed to diagnose the problem so fixed it. And then I realised the MOT was due, so that happened as well...needless to say I am a bit lighter in the wallet now....:o
    Hope all is good you you
    DM
    x

Glad the car is fixed. I hate it when the MOT arrives, it just seems like such a shock.

I know on my old certificates you used to get a peelable sticker that you could stick on the back of the tax disc holder to remind you but they don't do that anymore.

Now I just wait for my tax reminder and then worry about the MOT and when it was due. I'll need to change this method now that we can pay by DD for tax as I won't get any reminders:cool:

My car will be fixed next Saturday, the garage have the light and Saturday is the next time I am free to take it in.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Things are not great in the Elephant household, the matriarch has a severe sore throat and things have ground to a halt.

One of my clients came to see me in the week and coughed all over my desk, 6 hours later I was felling ill and it is still continuing:mad:

I have not done much this weekend except sit on the computer, drink loads of coffee and eat soothers:rotfl: but will need to venture to Lidl today as I have a £5 off £30 spend.

I have paid £100 off my o/d leaving £200 - I am tempted to pay the rest off but I have this fear that something might happen and I will need that money. It is ridiculous really as I have everything planned for Xmas and should have enough money.

Failing that I could raid the savings accounts anyway.

Decisions, decisions
  • Oh just pay it off. If you're organised anyway then go for it. Sorry to hear you feel ill x
    5 Year plan. April 2020 to June 2025- CC and mortgage free by time I'm 60
    Currently CC £23,674.36 /£14,895.41/£14315.42
    Mortgage £28,214.65/ £26,254.71/ £25,746.43
    By end 2020 I want CC at £ 19,000.00.
    By end 2021 I want CC at £10,000.00
  • :o Hope you feel better soon EE x
    Barclaycard CC TBC
    Santander CC TBC
    JD Williams TBC
    Evans CC TBC
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,478 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Just pay it off.
    Worst case senario you can borrow again?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Sorry your feeling ill EE, warm lemonade with honey always help my sore throat!
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    I paid off another £50 of my overdraft yesterday.

I can't borrow it back as I am reducing the limit at the same time to stop temptation, I guess if I wanted to increase it they would take a few days to decide as I would need to be credit checked but doubtful I would get it as my credit rating has gone downhill since I was given my overdraft.
  • Ellieseleven
    Ellieseleven Posts: 2,118 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good for you EE on getting that overdraft down;)
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    :beer: well done EE your doing well!
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    By Monday I was feeling much better although I still have a dry throat so have to keep drinking loads. At least I don't sound like a man anymore:rotfl:

I have paid another £50 off the overdraft bringing it down to £100.

I hope to pay it all off in the next few weeks but DS has his 18th and we are going out for a meal so need to keep some back for that.

I have also got my Halifax credit card statement - the balance is just over £1300 after I did the balance transfer to Santander. So I have £1150 at 6.56% and the rest at 27.45% - once my o/d has gone I will pay off the bit at 27.45% plus I am likely to need to pay the BT fee from my balance transfer before that starts charging interest as well.

Nothing else exciting going on - still using the airer in DD's room and have not used the tumble dryer since early this year - I am contemplating getting rid of it as where it is in the utility room is a handy place to put the washing baskets plus the wellies which clog up the passage by the backdoor.

My electric bill is coming down so I hope the DD will reduce in the next few months.

BT have just out their prices up but our DD will stay the same - I am hoping in Feb to pay a year up front. The reason it is Feb is because we have no council tax to pay.

My car has been fixed and it only cost £64:T. Still an expensive mistake and one I won't be repeating:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure