my 3 12 month contract ends soon, what happens next?

Options
Hello all, I have almost completed a 12 month sim only contract with three. after the fixed term contract, what happens next??

increase in price?

30 day rolling contract?

need to agree to another fixed term contract?
Trinidad - The hottest place to go

Comments

• mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    edited 23 December 2017 at 1:54PM
    Options
    Do nothing and it carries on as is unless you see if they can offer a so-called "upgrade" - chich simply means moving to a brand new contract. If you don't "upgrade" can give 30 days' notice to terminate OR request and use a PAC to transfer to another provider at any point. You haven't completed the contract; merely reached the end of the minimum term.
  • trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do nothing and it carries on as is unless you see if they can offer a so-called "upgrade" - chich simply means moving to a brand new contract. If you don't "upgrade" can give 30 days' notice to terminate OR request and use a PAC to transfer to another provider at any point. You haven't completed the contract; merely reached the end of the minimum term.

ok, sounds good. i know with previous min terms, the price has rocketed per month, so good to learn the monthly price will remain the same.

tell me more about contract and min term??
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    What's to tell? You agreed to keep the contract for 12 months (the - er - minimum term). It will then continue indefinitely until and unless you do one of the above.
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The contract will become a 30 day rolling agreement as from the date your minimum term ends.

Check out bill monitor to see if there is something cheaper that meets your needs, otherwise there's no harm in letting the it run since it isn't a contract that sees you paying for a phone you already own.

https://www.billmonitor.com

If Three do try to offer you a handset deal, check out whether the sim only + buying the phone elsewhere (if you need it) is cheaper.
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    There's no reason why the price should 'rocket', or remain exactly the same, after the minimum term of your contract.

It will continue as a thirty day rolling contact, or you can terminate it by means of cancellation, or obtaining and using a PAC (Porting Authorisation Code) to transfer your number to another network within thirty days. You can check for suitable alternatives.

Often you will be offered a suitable deal by your current network, comparable to your preferred alternative, when you call to cancel or ask for your PAC - so don't be shy...
    Evolution, not revolution
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,627 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello all, I have almost completed a 12 month sim only contract with three. after the fixed term contract, what happens next??

I’m pretty sure Three have never offered fixed term contracts. Do you mean you’ve reached the end of the contract minimum term?
    ====
  • Frozen_up_north
    Options
    I’ve run beyond the 12 month minimum term on (SIM only) Three contracts several times. It just runs at the same monthly charge until you or Three give notice.

Three tend not to increase SIM only contract prices by annual inflation figures (unlike many), so if you are on a good deal leave it alone until a better deal comes along, or Three give you notice...
  • trinidadone
    Options
    I’ve run beyond the 12 month minimum term on (SIM only) Three contracts several times. It just runs at the same monthly charge until you or Three give notice.

Three tend not to increase SIM only contract prices by annual inflation figures (unlike many), so if you are on a good deal leave it alone until a better deal comes along, or Three give you notice...

Thank you, so Three can also give me notice then?
  • maggot_drowner
    Options
    Just noticed that Virgin Mobile are offering a £9 a month SIM only deal thst includes 5GB of data .

Doubt that you would find a better value deal than that at the moment.
  • trinidadone
    Options
    Just noticed that Virgin Mobile are offering a £9 a month SIM only deal thst includes 5GB of data .

Doubt that you would find a better value deal than that at the moment.

I am looking at the small package from SMARTY:

SMARTY seems to be a new contender to the block, offering new sim only plans that claims to be " simple and honest" running on a 1 month commitment term, it offers:

1) small package - 2GB data £7.50

2) Medium package - 4GB data £10.00

3) Large package - 8gb data £15.00

all packages include unlimited uk calls and text to standard uk numbers and give you a discount on unused data.

Any one used this company before???

https://smarty.co.uk/#plans
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills