June's 2013 BR Club

Options

Comments

• nikki_84
    nikki_84 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    i know its a bit late but any chance i can be added to June's list?

I was declared bankrupt on the 4th June, its been a peaceful month and just to know where i stand with payments is a massive relief! :j
  • IF
    IF Posts: 34,349 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    nikki_84 wrote: »
    i know its a bit late but any chance i can be added to June's list?

I was declared bankrupt on the 4th June, its been a peaceful month and just to know where i stand with payments is a massive relief! :j

Of course you can nikki, I've added you to post 1 and welcome to June's BR Club :beer:

Best wishes
    IF
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
  • Helpmeoutofthismess
    Options
    I honestly can't believe it has been 2 months since I faced my demons and went to court!

The feeling of having a 'BANKRUPT' sign emblazoned on my forehead has subsided and much of the time I don't even think of it any more :j

I haven't received a single threatening letter or phone call for the last month, I don't miss those one bit!

The best thing for me is that barclays have not blocked my online banking yet, dare I hope I have slipped through the net!

H x
  • Helpmeoutofthismess
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Just thought I would bump the thread to say wow, I can't believe I have been bankrupt for 6 months today!

I'm hoping the next 6 months pass just as quickly, roll on June 2014,

It's been a very quiet 6 months, no word from the OR apart from my 15 min interview and a letter to say the have closed my case. The best bit is no word from creditors or horrible debt collectors :D

I hope everyone else is doing ok,

H x
  • wharty
    wharty Posts: 426 Forumite
    Options
    Yep will be 6 months for us on the 17th. Gone really fast. Not had a letter to say our case is closed though. When did you get the letter?
  • Helpmeoutofthismess
    Options
    wharty wrote: »
    Yep will be 6 months for us on the 17th. Gone really fast. Not had a letter to say our case is closed though. When did you get the letter?

I got the letter to say they had finished with my case just before my third month, my OR was very efficient!

H x
  • wharty
    wharty Posts: 426 Forumite
    Options
    I got the letter to say they had finished with my case just before my third month, my OR was very efficient!

H x

Blimey that's quick. Did you manage to keep the internet banking or did they catch up with you?
  • TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone - I'm a June member too and you're right - it has flown by. A lot has happened - moved house, tried to decorate on a weeny budget but am loving the fact I now actually sleep at night and don't wake up in a panic wondering how I am going to feed us this week. No word from my OR about anything really except to say my car was exempt.

I have learned so much and now take huge pleasure and satisfaction in my ability to be able to 'save' even if it is only for annual bills at this stage. :)

Roll on the summer :T
  • Helpmeoutofthismess
    Options
    wharty wrote: »
    Blimey that's quick. Did you manage to keep the internet banking or did they catch up with you?

Touch wood I still have internet banking :). My heart is in my mouth every morning though when I log in!

H x
  • Helpmeoutofthismess
    Options
    Hi everyone - I'm a June member too and you're right - it has flown by. A lot has happened - moved house, tried to decorate on a weeny budget but am loving the fact I now actually sleep at night and don't wake up in a panic wondering how I am going to feed us this week. No word from my OR about anything really except to say my car was exempt.

I have learned so much and now take huge pleasure and satisfaction in my ability to be able to 'save' even if it is only for annual bills at this stage. :)

Roll on the summer :T

I didn't realise you were June as well! I'm not a fan of hot weather but for a change I'm looking forward to the summer :D

H x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport