New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

June's 2013 BR Club

edited 16 July 2013 at 1:25PM in Bankruptcy & Living With It
87 replies 10.3K views
1234579

Replies

  • Keeping_PositiveKeeping_Positive Forumite
    4.7K posts
    PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on getting through the first six months everyone. I actually like the middle of the month as I can cross of another month :) . It will be 7 months next week for me. Still getting letters from an old account? ? And I think a cc has been sold on but not bothered right now.
    :j
    May 2013 new beginnings:j
  • I received a letter yesterday to say my bankruptcy had been discharged early at the end of January. So that is just over 6 months since I was declared bankrupt. It was quite straight forward with no property or assets involved so that must be why.

    I know it doesn't mean that much, it will still be there on my credit history for years to come but feel relieved and much more optimistic.
  • Keeping_PositiveKeeping_Positive Forumite
    4.7K posts
    PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations :j

    Under 4 months to go for me. Impaying a tax IPA so guessing im not likely to get an early discharge but at the nearly 3/4 of the way there.
    :j
    May 2013 new beginnings:j
  • IFIF Forumite
    34.4K posts
    Sandie11 wrote: »
    I received a letter yesterday to say my bankruptcy had been discharged early at the end of January. So that is just over 6 months since I was declared bankrupt. It was quite straight forward with no property or assets involved so that must be why.

    I know it doesn't mean that much, it will still be there on my credit history for years to come but feel relieved and much more optimistic.

    Congratulations from me too sandie :beer:

    penblock.gif
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
  • Sandie11 wrote: »
    I received a letter yesterday to say my bankruptcy had been discharged early at the end of January. So that is just over 6 months since I was declared bankrupt. It was quite straight forward with no property or assets involved so that must be why.

    I know it doesn't mean that much, it will still be there on my credit history for years to come but feel relieved and much more optimistic.


    You lucky thing! Oh well, only 4 months to go for me! I know I won't get early discharge, I trawled through the records for my local court and didn't come across a single early discharge!

    I did come across a lot of people who had suspended discharges from years and years ago, what could be so bad that being bankrupt forever is better than cooperating with the OR!

    H x
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • meep777meep777 Forumite
    8 posts
    Hi
    Its finally here!!! the year has flown by and now I'm discharged today- Life is looking good. Good luck to every one going bankrupt this month and thank you for every one on here for the help youve given me

    Mandy:):)
  • HelpmeoutofthismessHelpmeoutofthismess Forumite
    393 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    meep777 wrote: »
    Hi
    Its finally here!!! the year has flown by and now I'm discharged today- Life is looking good. Good luck to every one going bankrupt this month and thank you for every one on here for the help youve given me

    Mandy:):)

    Yay! Here is to your new start :beer:

    My turn tomorrow, I can't wait!

    H x
  • nikki_84nikki_84 Forumite
    5 posts
    Well it's 12 months today for me! How will I know if I'm discharged? Will I just get a letter in a few days/weeks to tell me?

    I was kind of hoping for a fanfare etc! It's been a long year! �� ha ha!
    Hope everyone has managed a difficult year!x
  • IFIF Forumite
    34.4K posts
    meep777 wrote: »
    Hi
    Its finally here!!! the year has flown by and now I'm discharged today- Life is looking good. Good luck to every one going bankrupt this month and thank you for every one on here for the help youve given me

    Mandy:):)

    Hiya Mandy, Congratulations on your AD, I'm so pleased everything is going well for you :beer:
    Best wishes
    IF


    Congrats.jpg
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
  • IFIF Forumite
    34.4K posts

    My turn tomorrow, I can't wait!

    H x

    Here's to tomorrow H, it's a lovely feeling :beer:
    nikki_84 wrote: »
    Well it's 12 months today for me! How will I know if I'm discharged? Will I just get a letter in a few days/weeks to tell me?

    I was kind of hoping for a fanfare etc! It's been a long year! �� ha ha!
    Hope everyone has managed a difficult year!x


    Hi nikki , you don’t usually get written confirmation of discharge, do check here.

    Search Insolvency Register - Click here

    Best wishes
    IF
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
Sign In or Register to comment.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support