New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

June's 2013 BR Club

edited 16 July 2013 at 1:25PM in Bankruptcy & Living With It
87 replies 10.3K views

Replies

• whartywharty Forumite
    426 posts
    Hi please add me and my wife, we are filing on Monday.

Not nervous about the court, but the OR is the bit i am worried about. Nothing to hide so don't know what i am worried about. I had a business i closed last year so i suppose they will want all the accounts but that's no problem as i used an accountant.
    I am assuming i will have to have a face to face with the OR as i was in business.

Just worried they may reduce our outgoings to something stupid. We are already on the bread line so we can stay in the black on the SOA!
  • luvchocolateluvchocolate Forumite
    2.4K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try not to worry I had a face to face interview as I had a few properties it was complicated. He was very understanding and moved some of my allowances around....no ipa, just be honest and cooperate as I am sure you will, and it will be ok. They want you to manage so you don't get in this situation again.
    The relief will come not always straight away......but it will come.
    Take care xx
  • Add me too. It's been two weeks now, the court and OR were fine, very helpful and said it's all straight forward.
    My bank closed my account though, after saying they wouldn't, completely without warning the day before money was due to go in. So that has caused a lot of stress.
    I have an appointment with Barclays tomorrow for a basic account, just hoping it goes through. I don't think it will though due to a previous business account with them.
    No idea what to do if it is refused, can you manage a year with no account until it is discharged.
    I am at the stage of wishing I hadn't done it but then it's a relief not to be getting letters every day.
  • IFIF Forumite
    34.4K posts
    wharty wrote: »
    Hi please add me and my wife, we are filing on Monday.

Not nervous about the court, but the OR is the bit i am worried about. Nothing to hide so don't know what i am worried about. I had a business i closed last year so i suppose they will want all the accounts but that's no problem as i used an accountant.
    I am assuming i will have to have a face to face with the OR as i was in business.

Just worried they may reduce our outgoings to something stupid. We are already on the bread line so we can stay in the black on the SOA!

Hi wharty and welcome to June's BR club, I've added your name to post 1 :beer:
    As ILC says you will be fine, deep breaths and we will be thinking of you on Monday.

Best wishes
    IF
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
  • IFIF Forumite
    34.4K posts
    Sandie11 wrote: »
    Add me too. It's been two weeks now, the court and OR were fine, very helpful and said it's all straight forward.
    My bank closed my account though, after saying they wouldn't, completely without warning the day before money was due to go in. So that has caused a lot of stress.
    I have an appointment with Barclays tomorrow for a basic account, just hoping it goes through. I don't think it will though due to a previous business account with them.
    No idea what to do if it is refused, can you manage a year with no account until it is discharged.
    I am at the stage of wishing I hadn't done it but then it's a relief not to be getting letters every day.

Hi sandie11, welcome to June's BR Club. Could you let me know the date you went BR and I will add you to post 1 :beer:
    IF
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • IFIF Forumite
    34.4K posts
    Add me too. It's been two weeks now, the court and OR were fine, very helpful and said it's all straight forward.

I'm pleased court went well and sorry to hear about your bank account, who was it with?

I have my fingers crossed for you tomorrow with Barclays and do let us know how you get on.

The relief will set in soon......honest :beer:
    Best wishes
    IF
  • Thanks. I feel a lot better now, Barclays opened the account and the person I saw there was really nice.
    My old account was with Yorkshire Bank, I had been with them for 20 years so was a bit suprised at their behaviour.

Good Luck to anyone else going through this.
  • edited 14 June 2013 at 8:01PM
    IFIF Forumite
    34.4K posts
    edited 14 June 2013 at 8:01PM
    Thanks. I feel a lot better now, Barclays opened the account and the person I saw there was really nice.
    My old account was with Yorkshire Bank, I had been with them for 20 years so was a bit suprised at their behaviour.

Good Luck to anyone else going through this.

Brilliant, I'm pleased all went well with Barclays.

Unfortunately YB aren't BR friendly, even if they weren't a creditor......so unfair isn't it!!

What was the date you went BR, so I can amend post 1 :beer:
  • whartywharty Forumite
    426 posts
    Well we have done it. Only took an hour and a half.

Clerks was very nice and the whole process was very easy.

Just gotta wait for the OR office to ring and arrange the big interview!

I actually feel really happy which isn't what i expected.

Life begins again!
  • IFIF Forumite
    34.4K posts
    wharty wrote: »
    Well we have done it. Only took an hour and a half.

Clerks was very nice and the whole process was very easy.

Just gotta wait for the OR office to ring and arrange the big interview!

I actually feel really happy which isn't what i expected.

Life begins again!

Hiya wharty, I'm pleased all went well and life so does begin again, congratulations :beer:

IF

congrats22.gif