Options
1235»

Comments

• Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    mickwelsh wrote: »
    Since joining in May 2017, I have been unable to get Energie to record the online meter readings submitted and all bills have been based on their Estimates.
    After repeatedly denying that there was any problem in the levels of usage Estimated, they finally agreed that a new meter had been installed at the house at some point but they cannot say exactly when or whether they have based their estimates on the old meter or the new one.
    Estimated gas usage in the 6 months to February 2018 was 900; as of May 2019 the actual reading is 4800.

Promises of a visit to verify the meter and to take readings have been unfulfilled.

I am terrified that a huge bill will be presented as and when they discoover that their estimated readings are far too low.

In an 8th May 2019 telephone call, it appeared that someone was going to grasp the problem and a promise was given that they would elephone me on 15th May with a full explanation and answer.
    I waited in all day-for nothing.
    Today, 16th May, I reluctantly telephone again. No explanation or apology was offered.
    Another visit was promised in 2 weeks-they refused to offer any alternative course.

I cannot switch without knowing what my actual usage is.

What can I do?

You can still initiate switch. Your existing energy provider will tell you what is owed before agreeing to it. It will be up to you how to agree payment. It may be as you suggested a large sum.

Do what other posters in your threads have suggested and send a written complaint to them marked in red if possible complaint on the envelope with your facts.

But confused by your posts, is it energie, engie or greenstar?:)

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=75818646#post75818646
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • JStewer
    JStewer Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    mickwelsh wrote: »
    Since joining in May 2017, I have been unable to get Energie to record the online meter readings submitted and all bills have been based on their Estimates.
    After repeatedly denying that there was any problem in the levels of usage Estimated, they finally agreed that a new meter had been installed at the house at some point but they cannot say exactly when or whether they have based their estimates on the old meter or the new one.
    Estimated gas usage in the 6 months to February 2018 was 900; as of May 2019 the actual reading is 4800.

Promises of a visit to verify the meter and to take readings have been unfulfilled.

I am terrified that a huge bill will be presented as and when they discoover that their estimated readings are far too low.

In an 8th May 2019 telephone call, it appeared that someone was going to grasp the problem and a promise was given that they would elephone me on 15th May with a full explanation and answer.
    I waited in all day-for nothing.
    Today, 16th May, I reluctantly telephone again. No explanation or apology was offered.
    Another visit was promised in 2 weeks-they refused to offer any alternative course.

I cannot switch without knowing what my actual usage is.

What can I do?

You cannot switch without knowing what youry actual usage is?
    Why not???
  • abraxys
    Options
    I joined ENGIE 2 years ago in September and have never had problem with them.
    My switch from EDF went very smoothly. Every 6 months they reviewed my Direct Debit. A few times they advised I required to increase my Direct Debit (usually after the winter term,lol).
    I advised them that I only use my heading 6 months of the year and that my bill will balance itself off by the end of that year. They accepted my decision and left my Direct Debit intact at the level originally set. By the end of the first year I had not only cleared my balance but was actually about £38 in credit!!
    What makes the difference is taking control of your energy and using the ENGIE app to input your monthly readings. Instead of companies over estimating the bill give exact readings and you'll notice the difference!!!
    I would recommend ENGIE as a supplier.
  • British_Bean
    Options
    My experience with Engie has been disappointing. Like most, I switched suppliers to get a cheaper monthly DD payment. The switch went through smoothly, or so I thought.

Three months later I get a bill from Engie for £200. Turns out that Engie hadn’t setup my DD with my bank due to a computer glitch. Clearly they don’t monitor the switch process end-to-end as nobody contacted me to resolve problem. You could argue I should have made sure DD payments were coming out of my account and this is something I will be checking next time. I have switched a few times in the past and never had an issue, so never thought to check.

I called to complain but the person on the phone wanted payment in full. I raise to a manager and they agreed to split it across future DDs. To start with they wanted something like £100 per month until it was recovered but I told them to sod off. In the end it was set to £72 a month, still way more than I was paying to my previous supplier and the whole point of switching in the first place!

I’d like to switch but there’s a £60 exit fee. Bulb are tempting as they cover the exit fee but after my experience with Engie I’m not sure what’s best now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure