Options
12345679»

Comments

• TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,489 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    With an open public forum you will always get the haters especially when it comes to benefits and benefit fraud. Surely you expected some nasty replies when you decided to post your question? After all we're talking about the tax payers money here. As much as i dislike those benefit bashers you can't expect anything less on a forum like this...

Sadly you are correct poppy12345. On public forums these days there seems to be a growing proportion whose only interest is in assuming the worst of everybody (assuming everybody is like themselves perhaps?). I don't agree with you that anybody posting onto a forum should expect bashers and trolls, particularly if they are new to boards in general.
    There are some who I feel should be kicked off the board, as all they ever do is provide negative comments, and make totally groundless assumptions. Unfortunately, the majority of those who fit that description probably don't even realise it or glory in their notoriety.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,963 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    TELLIT01 wrote: »
    Sadly you are correct poppy12345. On public forums these days there seems to be a growing proportion whose only interest is in assuming the worst of everybody (assuming everybody is like themselves perhaps?). I don't agree with you that anybody posting onto a forum should expect bashers and trolls, particularly if they are new to boards in general.
    There are some who I feel should be kicked off the board, as all they ever do is provide negative comments, and make totally groundless assumptions. Unfortunately, the majority of those who fit that description probably don't even realise it or glory in their notoriety.
    Totally agree with this :T
  • fredandwilma
    Options
    Diary wrote: »
    DVLA have probably also been kept in the dark.

There is a massive list of conditions of which you should inform the DVLA. That's not to say you will lose your licence.

I defy anyone to not have one of these conditions.

https://www.gov.uk/health-conditions-and-driving
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,489 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    There is a massive list of conditions of which you should inform the DVLA. That's not to say you will lose your licence.

I don't have any of the conditions. I'm in perfect health, although I couldn't read the list 'coz the print was too small..:D
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

With a lot of conditions it is the degree that matters.

When diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, I was unsure about having to inform them , but they were only interested if I was on drugs and I was/ still am on diet and exercise only with no hypos.

I have the beginnings of cataracts , but they do not affect my sight and have not grown in over two years.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure