I Satellite Services

Options
2»

Comments

• coffeehound
    coffeehound Posts: 5,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options

It’s depressing that this group, using the same number, has been recognised (and presumably reported) as a scam outfit back in September, yet is still going about its seedy business over five months later. Is there no organisation to shut these parasites down? Little wonder the UK is such a magnet for crims.
  • Champ1960
    Options
    Found this when I searched for I Satellite Services. Going through my elderly fathers bank statements I found two payments made by debit card on a three monthly basis to I Satellite Services. He already has his satellite covered by Sky TV and as he said he had just given them his card details again I went to the bank who stopped the payment and replaced his card with a new one. He then received several phone calls over a number of weeks demanding payment. My brother explained to the caller that the contract should be cancelled and probably in a slightly less tolerant manner than myself explained what might happen if they persisted with their demands. We managed to get the phone number they called from blocked by BT. Last week while I was at the property low and behold the phone rang and it was them again. A polite lady who explained that payment had to be made now or additional fees would be made to the contract. Explained that the contract was cancelled and said that if they sent me a final bill any outstanding payments would be made. She tried for card details again re iterating the former threats re charges and I responded if the same manner as before so she disconnected the call. The number she used was 07840 557246. My guess is that you can buy a sim card at Tesco Mobile for ten pounds, so if you block their number they just use an alternative number. A £10.00 card if successful a few times is a drop in the ocean. This is obviously a well thought out on-going effort to defraud the elderly, vulnerable and gullible in society. If I remember correctly companies house shows the trading address to be a terraced house near Southampton, where a painting and decorating company is also registered but I will check again. I am in that area in a few weeks so if I have time I might go and have a look. This si just to let anyone else know that THEY ARE STILL OUT THERE AND TRYING.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 27 July 2019 at 7:26PM
    Options
    Thanks for looking into this.
  • Chino
    Chino Posts: 2,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    LeeAdams wrote: »
    I asked for his name and he replied: "Francis."
    So I asked for his surname in addition to his first name (assuming Francis was his first name).
    "It's Francis," he replied, "my surname is Francis."
    So I asked for his first name and he replied: "Frederick. Frederick Francis".
    It just struck me as odd, when a person is asked for their name they usually reply with their first name. If someone asked for my name, I wouldn't reply "Adams".
    This isn't odd at all in a professional context. You aren't engaged in a social conversation.
  • helloforce
    Options
    Hi, I know this forum is a year old but it's the only thing I can find about this company and its selling tactics. My dad has now had a call for payments, but we have no copy of or any information about this " contract" he's supposed to have with them. I've had to stipulate that under.no circumstances should he give his details out but their aggressive scare tactics scared him into doing it. I've got the payment and card blocked but I'm now expecting another call from them. Has anyone seen a contract? Any kind of t&C's for termination etc, or could it be that we don't have a contract and they are just trying it on. I'd like to speak to them myself (mainly to give them a piece of my mind) but socially distancing still. My poor dad is scared that bailiff's are gonna turn up and is frightened in his own home. This is not on! 
  • FloraMuerte
    Options
    Hi, I know this forum is a year old but it's the only thing I can find about this company and its selling tactics. My dad has now had a call for payments, but we have no copy of or any information about this " contract" he's supposed to have with them. I've had to stipulate that under.no circumstances should he give his details out but their aggressive scare tactics scared him into doing it. I've got the payment and card blocked but I'm now expecting another call from them. Has anyone seen a contract? Any kind of t&C's for termination etc, or could it be that we don't have a contract and they are just trying it on. I'd like to speak to them myself (mainly to give them a piece of my mind) but socially distancing still. My poor dad is scared that bailiff's are gonna turn up and is frightened in his own home. This is not on! 
    Hi, this has just happened to an elderly friend of mine.  The circumstances are exactly the same as you described and my friend  has been left traumatised and sick with worry by the agressive attitude of the callers, who managed to intimidate her into giving them her card details for a "cold call stopping" service she has never received.  As above, there is no contract or other paperwork and we suspect that they are trying it on.  As you state, there seems to be very little on the web about this company who appear on the credit card statement as "I.Sat Services London".  I was just wondering if you received any further calls from them or did they eventually give up?  Thanks
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There is no contract: it's a scam, pure and simple. Block their number. Bailiffs cannot enter your home without a court order, ignore their threats and intimidation.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There is no contract: it's a scam, pure and simple. Block their number. Bailiffs cannot enter your home without a court order, ignore their threats and intimidation.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • mcbt1686
    Options
    This company called my mum yesterday and I came across this thread after doing some research on the company for her. A lady called Sophie claimed that a payment has been missed and if it was not made over the phone today then my mum would be taken to court for refusing to pay them. The scare tactics used are unbelievable, she was told that if she did not pay she would be transferred to another department to start legal action and the amount payable would increase. As mentioned above they told her that she had a contract to stop cold callers which there is not the case and their is no evidence that she has ever made a payment to them before.I just hope we can block the payment before it leaves her account.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback