PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,954 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    LaineyT wrote: »
    Great to read that Monna’s brother is doing better and that you managed to sleep m’dear.

Is it ok if I stop lurking and actually join in on a more regular basis, quite fancy being part of the fencers army and have my very own mini charger horse wise :D
    Talking of which I did laugh Polly at your description of your daughter’s imaginary horse, I did much the same thing as a child and used to build showjumping courses in the back garden for my ‘stead’ to tackle.

Hello Lainey - this imaginary horse stuff reminds me of the time my DD had an imaginary friend 'vanessa'. We were on a plane as it was loading, and a lady sat in the seat next to DD and a loud scream went up "YOU HAVE SAT ON VANESSA" :eek::rotfl: Poor woman was mortified, even when we explained that Vanessa was imaginary.. :p

I have a hunch, and this may come as a shock, that the President of the United States is an evil, manipulative, nasty piece of work... I sort of wish I had gone to the protest...

overcast here today. There is rain on the hills, but none here.

Glad the news was more positive, Monna
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • juliettet
    juliettet Posts: 726 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [QUOTE
    Regarding Donny and other depressing news.........Stay strong everyone..........we've got this!!
    We have survived worse and we can do it again.[/QUOTE]

Quite right! We will wipe the floor with the man. Idiot. My boss was on business in the New Jersey region last week. She said it was depressing to hear all the Trump supporters in that area. Will be interesting to see the other side of the country's views when she goes to California next month.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    I think he's a few slices short of a loaf meself. There was a fantastically catty thread on a FB group last night, I was getting really into it (reading not posting) and when I woke at 4am I rushed right in to catch up - only to find some killjoy had removed it as it had got homicidally nasty :rotfl::rotfl: It was all about the dress sense of Mrs Trump compared to Mrs May.
    Hester I don't blame you being scared of cows, I won't walk through a field with cows in unless I'm next to a wall that I can jump over and they can't :D
  • melodramaticme
    Options
    I saw one picture of the Mays and Trumps at Blenheim palace where Theresa May looked as though her dress was made to match the red carpet on the steps. My first thought was that she was dressed as a welcome mat, an invitation to be walked on.

Normally I would see red clothing as combative and defensive, but this :eek: - just no.

Savings goal £30,000 1% = £300.
    [/COLOR]
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ooh, when I was little I had a donkey then graduated to a pony. We lived in a small house (ex-farmer worker's cottage) but it had 1/2 acre of land (it's a while ago, when we still had acres!,). and after spending a week at the seaside when I insisted on riding on the donkies several times a day my dad said, "It would have been cheaper to buy one," so he did.
    I had a retired seaside donkey and there is a cute photo of me with pigtails sitting astride him, aged 2.5.
    When said donkey got too old to be ridden dad bought a pony and taught me how to ride.
    I only ever rode round the lanes, no competitions, but I loved my pony and loved the quiet rides, seeing so much wildlife and beauty from my lofty perch. She knew when the school bus was due and always waited at the field gate to be greeted.

My SIL was a very good three-day-eventer (Mar, that may not be what you think!?) and occasionally my brother would ride out with her to help with exercising the horses. He got a shock one day when he accidently sat with one leg slightly forward and his mount did a dressage move. He tells the story well, about going sideways across a field, totally out of contol :rotfl:

See what you have started, Lainey?!

By coincidence, the horsey theme shall continue over the weekend. DH and I are off to the races, having a long weekend in Yorkshire :D

I tell you, self-employment is the way to go. I have far less money than when i worked in an office but, boy, do we have lots of annual leave and flexi time :T :beer::D
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    MMF007 wrote: »
    Ooh, when I was little I had a donkey then graduated to a pony. We lived in a small house (ex-farmer worker's cottage) but it had 1/2 acre of land (it's a while ago, when we still had acres!,). and after spending a week at the seaside when I insisted on riding on the donkies several times a day my dad said, "It would have been cheaper to buy one," so he did.
    I had a retired seaside donkey and there is a cute photo of me with pigtails sitting astride him, aged 2.5.
    When said donkey got too old to be ridden dad bought a pony and taught me how to ride.
    I only ever rode round the lanes, no competitions, but I loved my pony and loved the quiet rides, seeing so much wildlife and beauty from my lofty perch. She knew when the school bus was due and always waited at the field gate to be greeted.

My SIL was a very good three-day-eventer (Mar, that may not be what you think!?) and occasionally my brother would ride out with her to help with exercising the horses. He got a shock one day when he accidently sat with one leg slightly forward and his mount did a dressage move. He tells the story well, about going sideways across a field, totally out of contol :rotfl:

See what you have started, Lainey?!

By coincidence, the horsey theme shall continue over the weekend. DH and I are off to the races, having a long weekend in Yorkshire :D

I tell you, self-employment is the way to go. I have far less money than when i worked in an office but, boy, do we have lots of annual leave and flexi time :T :beer::D

Snap MM, we are off to the races this afternoon, the Newmarket July festival, I is wearing a dress and everyfink :D
  • MMF007
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    LaineyT wrote: »
    Snap MM, we are off to the races this afternoon, the Newmarket July festival, I is wearing a dress and everyfink :D

And a hat? Got to wear a hat! :D
  • MMF007
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Islandmaid wrote: »
    Hmmm - I suspect the Elephant has gone on its holidays - that's a suspiciously large amount of bananas to be grateful to receive :D

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,764 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm glad the news is more positive today Monna.You reminded me of when my sister was pregnant with baby number four. My poor niece already two brothers - one older and one younger and was adamant that she was getting a sister. When it was gently suggested to her that the baby may be another brother she ran to her room sobbing and locked herself in. Baby number four was indeed another brother, so they didn't tell her at first. They waited until visiting time when she was already there patting and stroking the baby before they broke the news :rotfl:

I'm also sitting here wondering exactly what the recipient of 20kg of bananas is going to do with them. I buy my bananas in threes or fours (the HT doesn't like them).

I've been running again this morning and had enough breath to run for 30 minutes and to talk to the nice lady on the treadmill next to me who introduced herself. The Couch to 5K app kindly informed me this week that I am now a runner. I don't think it's totally true but I'm feeling a lot closer to being a runner than I was in week one.

Take care all of you :)
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello all. Welcome Lainey.
    When I was expecting baby no 2, DD wanted a sister. When she came to the hospital to meet her brother, she said "he's ok, but where's my sister then?".
    Spend less now, work less later.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure