Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Matt17 wrote: »
    Malc, I am considering switching to fix online v17 when my current fixed rate comes to an end next month. I am open to SMETS2 smart meters but don't want SMETS1. Will I be allowed to stay on this tariff if I refuse SMETS1 meters but agree to have SMETS2 when they are available?

Hello Matt17 and thank you for your interest.

That will be fine. You'll be able to stay on Fix Online 17 in these circumstances.

We're looking to fit SMETS2 smart meters wherever possible. There are certain areas where it's currently not possible to do this due to specific signalling problems and we're working to sort these issues. At the moment, approx 85% of our smart meter installations are SMETS2.

Hope this explains Matt17. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Bill23h wrote: »
    I feel you are being a bit disingenuous here. The EON website, under Fix Online v17 clearly states:
    "Agree to have smart meters installed"
    Not "agree to be offered" or "agree to consider".It seems pretty unambiguous to me.
    You also say:-"If eligible and the customer declines our offer, the advisor will discuss the options available at that point including transferring to a different tariff."
    So if you decline, you'll be offered a different tariff, which may cost more, yes? And if it's optional, why does the website say you must agree?

Hello Bill23h and I can see where you're coming from.

The T&Cs for all our smart tariffs explain the actual situation which is as per my reply to Emma. To quote directly from the T&Cs for Fix Online v17.

'With this tariff you agree to be contacted during the tariff term for the installation of a smart meter. You are still eligible for this tariff if you currently have a smart meter installed or your property is currently ineligible for a smart meter.'

This differs from the text on the website and I've raised this with our IT people with a view to aligning the two statements so they read the same.

To be clear, it's the information in the T&Cs and in my reply to Emma that's right.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention Bill23h. I'll run with this.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • super7star
    super7star Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Marc

Many thanks for your comprehensive response.

To clarify: If eligible and the customer declines our offer, the advisor will discuss the options available at that point including transferring to a different tariff. Our products are changing all the time and it depends on what's available at this point as to the actions taken.

So in the above situation, customers would not be allowed to stay on the lower tariff having declined the offer of a smart meter. Is that correct?

Many thanks
    Emma
    Options
    super7star wrote: »
    Hi Marc

Many thanks for your comprehensive response.

To clarify: If eligible and the customer declines our offer, the advisor will discuss the options available at that point including transferring to a different tariff. Our products are changing all the time and it depends on what's available at this point as to the actions taken.

So in the above situation, customers would not be allowed to stay on the lower tariff having declined the offer of a smart meter. Is that correct?

Many thanks
    Emma

Morning Emma and not necessarily. As I mentioned last week, customers could remain on the tariff if they agree to consider smart meters in the future. Please see below.
    Where customers are okay with having the meters or agree to consider them within the near future, we'll switch them to the tariff and note the account to discuss again at a later date. Where they tell us categorically, no, they will not have smart meters, we need to look at quoting against another tariff.
    It's only when they categorically refuse smart meters under any circumstances that we would look at other tariffs.

Thanks Emma.

Malc
  • poshphil
    poshphil Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Moved into a new build home (former showhouse so had been built and receiving supply for a few months) on 20th December 2018.

Once settled in, looked at comparing tariffs to discover an issue with the gas meter not being registered correctly which meant we could not switch the gas.

I rang Eon on 24th January 2019 to discuss, they seemed to know what the issue was but that it would take around 6 weeks to resolve.

I followed this up on 16th April 2019 as the issue still seemed to be there, to be told that whatever needed doing was showing as pending, but they would make sure it was processed but this would take another 4-6 weeks.

On 17th April 2019 I sent a complaint via the contact forms to establish the following:
    1. What the issue was.
    2. Why it wasn't resolved following my first phone call in January.
    3. When it will be resolved by.

I got contacted on the 18th April 2019 by someone in the New Connections Team being told I have not provided Meter Serial Numbers (these were provided in my initial phone call), Full Postal Address (Which Eon has, as it is in our online account), My Name (again, this is in my account and was also at the bottom of my complaint), Legal Completion Date & Handover Read. I am not sure why, if this information was needed and hadn't been made available, I was not contacted at any point to request this.

All information requested was provided, again, on 18th April, but since then I have heard nothing despite a further email chasing up earlier this week. I still do not know what the issue is, or when it will be resolved. I don't even know whether my complaint is actually being treated as such, the correspondence after simply referred to informing them of a handover.

Overall, not very happy with this as we have been left unable to switch tariffs to a more competitive dual fuel one for several months now.
    Options
    poshphil wrote: »
    Moved into a new build home (former showhouse so had been built and receiving supply for a few months) on 20th December 2018.

Once settled in, looked at comparing tariffs to discover an issue with the gas meter not being registered correctly which meant we could not switch the gas.

I rang Eon on 24th January 2019 to discuss, they seemed to know what the issue was but that it would take around 6 weeks to resolve.

I followed this up on 16th April 2019 as the issue still seemed to be there, to be told that whatever needed doing was showing as pending, but they would make sure it was processed but this would take another 4-6 weeks.

On 17th April 2019 I sent a complaint via the contact forms to establish the following:
    1. What the issue was.
    2. Why it wasn't resolved following my first phone call in January.
    3. When it will be resolved by.

I got contacted on the 18th April 2019 by someone in the New Connections Team being told I have not provided Meter Serial Numbers (these were provided in my initial phone call), Full Postal Address (Which Eon has, as it is in our online account), My Name (again, this is in my account and was also at the bottom of my complaint), Legal Completion Date & Handover Read. I am not sure why, if this information was needed and hadn't been made available, I was not contacted at any point to request this.

All information requested was provided, again, on 18th April, but since then I have heard nothing despite a further email chasing up earlier this week. I still do not know what the issue is, or when it will be resolved. I don't even know whether my complaint is actually being treated as such, the correspondence after simply referred to informing them of a handover.

Overall, not very happy with this as we have been left unable to switch tariffs to a more competitive dual fuel one for several months now.

Hello poshphil and I'm sorry this is taking so long to sort out.

It's being dealt with by the right people as our New Connections team look after issues with new builds. On new developments, meters are often installed long before an occupier moves in or a postal address is created. Further down the line, the builder/developer or their agents let us have details of the meters at individual locations. These details aren't always given to us as they should be particularly where plot numbers are involved.

New Connections sort these issues out. There could be quite a few properties involved and this is why they've asked you to confirm certain details. They need to be sure the information we have is for your property.

The bigger the development, the longer it can take to sort out. Our New Connections advisors will be able to let you know where we're at. Contact details are on our website.

Sorry again for the delay poshphil. It is in the right area and will be sorted.

Malc
  • poshphil
    poshphil Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Malc, thank you for taking the time to respond. The New Connections team are who I spoke to in both January and April, so it has been in the right area since then. I have asked the New Connections team to advise what the issue is and when it will be resolved but unfortunately I have had no response to my last correspondence on 18th April as of yet.

If it can take longer on bigger developments I feel sorry for those trying to sort out the same issue on a development of thousands of homes, given that the development we are on is only 48 homes.
    Options
    poshphil wrote: »
    Hi Malc, thank you for taking the time to respond. The New Connections team are who I spoke to in both January and April, so it has been in the right area since then. I have asked the New Connections team to advise what the issue is and when it will be resolved but unfortunately I have had no response to my last correspondence on 18th April as of yet.

If it can take longer on bigger developments I feel sorry for those trying to sort out the same issue on a development of thousands of homes, given that the development we are on is only 48 homes.

Morning poshphil and happy to reply.

One thing I should've mentioned Friday, we're currently working through backlogs and this is adding to the delays that inevitably come about with this type of issue.

Sorry this is taking longer than usual to sort poshphil.

Malc
  • Matt17
    Matt17 Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Raxiel wrote: »
    Just switched from Go Online V18 to Fix Online V17. Not the absolute cheapest compared to PCW results, but not terrible for our consumption and there's no dealing with our current exit fee involved.

Works out just under £5 a month more expensive, but being able to push the switch date 52 days into the future means I only lose 2 months of my current fix, which with summer consumption doesn't add up to much.
    Now next winter is locked in, and if something cheaper comes up in the meantime I can still switch again.

I have agreed to 'discuss' smart meters with this one. I wonder if I'll actually get a call given the current odd situation with my orphaned E.ON SMETS1 meter.
    There is now a Fix Online V18, it is cheaper than Fix Online V17 in some regions but more expensive in others. Why is there such a large difference in price depending where you live?
    Options
    Matt17 wrote: »
    There is now a Fix Online V18, it is cheaper than Fix Online V17 in some regions but more expensive in others. Why is there such a large difference in price depending where you live?

That's right Matt17. We launched Fix Online 18 last Friday.

When compared to version 17, some prices have gone up, some have come down and others are unchanged.

We review our prices daily to make sure we respond quickly to any changes in the energy market. The price we pay for energy can vary as can the cost of other factors like generation, transportation, future investment, contributions to Government schemes, maintenance and support services.

The cost of transporting energy varies from region to region. We pay other companies to use their pipes, wires and cables to transport energy to homes. These costs vary depending on how much the local distributor charges. Demand in a given region is another factor as is the amount of energy generated in the actual area and how much comes from outside.

Additionally, different regions have different forms and mixes of generation. Among other things, we use electricity generated by gas, nuclear, wind, solar, biomass and other renewables.

Hope this gives a bit of an insight Matt17.

Malc
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback