PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Tips to save money to pay debt off quicker

Options

Comments

• B17c
    B17c Posts: 333 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks BillyBalls, Im gonna look into selling on Facebook marketplace, for collection only so cash in hand and no posting! In fact I!!!8217;m going to look now!
    Credit Card Debt:[STRIKE]£12991[/STRIKE] £12526
    14/12/18 27/12/18
    Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2019
    #126 £1900/£12526
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Take cash out every friday and make that last a week, that is a huge help. I would go mad using cards, I'd never know where I was or how much I'd spent :)
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    B17c. You've got it! The Aqua debt will probably take the longest to pay off because you still have the other three minimum payments going out each month. On the other hand if you have stuff to sell that will be an added bonus.
    By the time you get to the next debt you may have run out of things to sell but you will have the Aqua minimum payment to add to paying off the 2nd debt. By the time you get to the last debt you will be able to use all 4 minimum payments each month to knock it off fairly quickly.

PHEW!

Keep us posted, we'll be with you every step of the way.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    Edited to add another option could be a consolidation loan if you are able to lend, check the best deals out there. Definitely worth a try.

Its never really a good idea to borrow yourself out of debt, unless you have an emergency fund in place, you can quite easily find yourself in a worse position.
    OP your doing great, just throw any spare money at the debt with the highest interest. Have a play with a snowball calc https://www.whatsthecost.com/snowball.aspx
    Best of luck
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi B17c

some great ideas on this thread :) The Debt-Free Wannabe Board mentioned above is another board with lots of tips for dealing with debt

the SOA template mentioned above is HERE :)
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • B17c
    Options
    Thank you guys for your responses!

This morning I have:
    :)Listed 5 or 6 items to sell on fb marketplace
    :)Joined an app where you scan all your receipts and get points and then when you have enough points you get reward vouchers for amazon and PayPal, if I get PayPal ones I can convert them to cash
    :) trying to find someone to do a carboot sale with me! :eek:
    14/12/18 27/12/18
    #126 £1900/£12526
  • B17c
    edited 16 June 2018 at 11:20AM
    Options
    Does anyone know why I keep getting weird combos of letters and numbers when I type I'll I'm etc etc??
    14/12/18 27/12/18
    #126 £1900/£12526
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    They've been having probs with this for a while. It's something to do with your settings on a phone or tablet and when you type an apostrophe it goes off its head and gives you numbers :rotfl::rotfl:
    Doesn't seem to happen with a pc or laptop.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I can't quite remember the procedure, (I'm a Dumbo with computers) but I think its something like this to get rid of it. You go into settings, find something like 'Automatic punctuatation' and click it off.

That's about as technical as I can get. Good luck.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    monnagran wrote: »
    I can't quite remember the procedure, (I'm a Dumbo with computers) but I think its something like this to get rid of it. You go into settings, find something like 'Automatic punctuatation' and click it off.

That's about as technical as I can get. Good luck.

For tablets it was Settings, keyboards and then turn off smart punctuation. I can't take credit for this i found it originally on another thread
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure