Second time lucky... debt free diary.

Options

Comments

• charlies_tribe
    charlies_tribe Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thank you poor single lady. Good luck with your journey too, I have been reading through your thread recently. I really don't think they would mind if they didn't get to go on a plane, I just feel bad, that I've got us into the mess that they cant. Would be nice to do it while they are all still home though, DD is 16 in a few weeks (starts GCSE exams in the morning) so would be nice to do before she doesn't want to come with us.

I've still not sorted the fridge/freezer I cant bring myself to wipe the account out, maybe at the end of this month?! 2 months ago it would have just gone on the credit card.

I seem to be struggling this week, just want to sit and cry. I'm trying to keep on top o the money but shopping seems so expensive, I had a delivery today, £46 at Icel@nd and £85 at mr T and I'm still finding things I've forgot. Think I need to find the time to visit @ldi again. I just cant seem to bring it down, having fussy kids doesn't help though.

I'm struggling to keep the little ones quiet while DH sleeps, Hate the agoraphobia kicking in, I cant even take them out for a walk. Then I feel guilty that DH is going to work tired.

Realised next month should be a good month, will both get 2 pay dates and ive had a letter for a £300 bonus in the first wage of June too.

Tomorrow should be spend free. Dh will be in bed so I wont leave the house, will walk to work (I've realised that isn't entirely for money saving, I really don't want to get on the bus!) Might walk hone too while he takes the little ones to swimming lessons.
    LBM in April 17 - £14998/£33554 (44.6%) paid. Mortgage@1 June 18 = £9935/£76350 paid.Total debt @june 18 £102311 now £84972GC Jan £40.99/£500 2021 declutter 85/2021 items 0/20 bags clothes
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Don't be too harsh on yourself. You've done amazing in such a short space of time!
    As for shopping and forgetting things can you not meal plan? I don't do a set plan but we choose 7 meals and then I work out what I need for them then that's the dinners sorted. The kids take fruit to school so I know how many pieces of fruit I need at least for school then extra for at home. Same with snacks etc.

Also on the fridge side of things, I'd never had a new fridge ever. We had managed with half working hand me downs for years since moving into our own place (tbh everything we have is hand me downs and half broken even my oven door I have to cellotape closed :o ) anyway last year we got a new fridge freezer as a gift. An American ff from curry's £450 in the sale it's amazing! It's like my new baby ;) and it makes me happy everytime I open it or walk past :o sad I know but it's definitely worth sorting and it will save you money in the long run. Especially if this means you can be better organised with the shopping xx
  • charlies_tribe
    Options
    Hi, hidden identity, thank you for posting, I was just reading your thread when my email to say you had posted popped up. I haven't got around to posting on your thread yet but it has made me cry a little, some things are so alike the anxiety/agoraphobia means I hadn't left the house for a good few years, I applied for my job through frustration after dh being made redundant, it's still the only place I go. I avoid school run as much as possible, haven't been to the local shop in years....
    My mum hasn't been in touch in months, our relationship is non-existent, I rang 3 months ago to let her know they had found a growth in my ear, and nothing, not even a text to see how I am.

I really need to try and meal plan, with our shifts it goes to pot, I end up buying a few fresh meats and then filling the freezer with pizza, burgers, sausages...quick meals. We have thrown loads with the fridge too. Fruit is a big downfall, I buy loads, it goes in the fruit bowl and is used for school lunches, the rest doesn't seem to get touched and ends up in the bin. Crisps are another huge expense, I don't eat them but dh and kids plough through them (Kids only allowed 1 bag a day but I've seen dh eat 4/5 in a day. We are also struggling with dd2, she pretty much refuses to eat anything other than beans/spaghetti on toast at the minute so trying different things to try and tempt her, she's 9 and her eating has gradually got worse.

Well I've just eaten half a shard bar of chocolate while laid in bed. I'm going to try and get some sleep before the alarm goes off at 6.30 (sorry for the rambling)
    LBM in April 17 - £14998/£33554 (44.6%) paid. Mortgage@1 June 18 = £9935/£76350 paid.Total debt @june 18 £102311 now £84972GC Jan £40.99/£500 2021 declutter 85/2021 items 0/20 bags clothes
  • charlies_tribe
    Options
    Morning. Not much to update today. Just checked the bank and £198 cc payment has come out, that's £395 of payments made this month, just minimums at the minute as not sure what we will have left with my reduced pay. Need to find cc to do a balance transfer by the end of the month.

Think it will be pizza for tea (already in freezer) as i'm at work and he needs to take the little ones swimming. DD2 is having tea at a friends so 1 less to feed tonight.

Hoping to walk to work but at the moment it's absolutely throwing it down. Also going to have to put the washing in the dryer.

We are having smart meters put in on Thursday (still not sure if its a good idea or not) so going to spend an hour In the using the flylady thread from old style board before I get ready for work... It might take all week ... eeek!! (was some smilies there but they wouldn't work).
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Poor_Single_lady Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Wow you are dealing with loads. Does not sound easy. You will get there. We always ate a lot of junk in our house. I think it's inevitable in big families.
    My sister was always quite faddy in her eating as well. I hope your daughters diet improves. My sister is similar even now she is 30.
    I'm sorry it's not easier and I hope your health query turns out to be nothing to worry about. And I hope your mum can find the words that you want to hear. xxx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • charlies_tribe
    Options
    Thank you PSL I'm feeling a bit better today, Think its definitely the time of month making things seem so much worse.
    I need to find cheaper healthier snacks and also puddings, they can cost a fair bit too.

Today should have been a NSD, walked to work and tea was sorted. Came out of work to a message to fetch calpol as we have a poorly little girl, fussy dd2 has a temperature which has set her asthma off. So £6 spent.

Tomorrow should be spend free as i'll probably have dd at home.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Oh no hope dd is feeling better soon :( x
  • charlies_tribe
    Options
    Thank you, i'm sat here waiting till half 12 when she can have more medicine.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Hopefully it's just a 24 hour thing and tomorrow she's on the mend xx hope you both manage to get some sleep x
  • charlies_tribe
    Options
    Morning. Not much to update again today, checked the bank and nothings changed. Need to find DH cc statement, i know its due but he hasn't mentioned it arriving, he will have opened it and put it down somewhere.

Spent the night on sofa with dd, it's really not that comfortable for sleeping on. Only managed about 2 hours sleep, work should be fun. She's still a bit wheezy this morning but temp seems to be staying down.

Need to start planning birthdays, june is an expensive month. twin nieces, ds1, dd1, ds2 and dh birthdays and then dd3 beginning of July. They usually have £100 each (they don't get much else from family so i've always tried to make it special) and a day out but usually end up spending way over the £100. Need lists from them so I can start planning. I still have about £150 in vouchers from Christmas so hoping they'll want something from where I can use the vouchers. DD will be 16 and has asked to go to the trampoline park for her day out, suppose it's cheaper than the skydive she wanted to do!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback