* Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas * - It's the 2019 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• Beshki
    Beshki Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas, I will look into all of those :)
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Well a bit of a set back this morning. DH went out to the garage and the extra freezer fuse had blown and all the Christmas food is ruined. :eek: So much for buying ahead and being organised. I can’t even use any of it up because I don’t know how long it’s been defrosted for.

Needless to say I’ve been on line in an attempt at damage limitation and with a bit of rethinking (and assuming what I’ve ordered is actually delivered) I think we’re ok again. I’ve gone for fresh more than frozen this time but I’m happy with what I’ve chosen. My worry now is that when it comes to delivery day I won’t get all of it and then there’ll be a last minute panic.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    Peppapig wrote: »
    Well a bit of a set back this morning. DH went out to the garage and the extra freezer fuse had blown and all the Christmas food is ruined. :eek: So much for buying ahead and being organised. I can’t even use any of it up because I don’t know how long it’s been defrosted for.

Needless to say I’ve been on line in an attempt at damage limitation and with a bit of rethinking (and assuming what I’ve ordered is actually delivered) I think we’re ok again. I’ve gone for fresh more than frozen this time but I’m happy with what I’ve chosen. My worry now is that when it comes to delivery day I won’t get all of it and then there’ll be a last minute panic.

Oh no! Hope it works out.

Had a bit of a disaster last night myself. Was sorting out the Christmas cakes for distribution at the week when I discovered I am 2 short:eek: Been made since May (that will teach me!), so now panicking as only time I am around is Saturday morning to bake more, it is not as if I could actually skip giving one, as I will be seeing them in 2 groups, need to think about this carefully:(
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    *queue the GBBO theme tune*
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    *queue the GBBO theme tune*

That is wasted on me, never watch any type of reality show:D:D
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • Beshki
    Beshki Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone have any gift ideas for a 12 year old girl? For around £20. I am struggling! Thinking usable/useful stuff, but I’m not too sure what she is into.
  • Pinkpetal
    Options
    Beshki wrote: »
    Does anyone have any gift ideas for a 12 year old girl? For around £20. I am struggling! Thinking usable/useful stuff, but I’m not too sure what she is into.
    This is a great place to look for bargins. Ive bought lots from her suggestions.
    https://www.makeupsavvy.co.uk/2019/12/aldi-christmas-beauty-gift-guide-2019.html
  • Redredrobin
    Options
    For anyone doing a coffee themed gift if you have a Herons nearby they have a selection of coffee flavours in mini takeaway coffee cups for £5 .
  • princesskitty29
    Options
    Hi all, gosh been busy busy! My dinner party went well and I had a lovely time, it was actually nice to be at home in the dining room rather than a noisy restaurant! Every single year I say I am going to be more organised and be ready by December, but here I am on the 12th, I’ve only just finished writing my cards, I have loads of presents to wrap, need to finish my cross stitch project as it’s a present and I need to order my food! Why do I do this EVERY year?! I think I lull myself into a false sense of a security as I buy bits and bobs as I see them throughout the year and feel organised, then time slips away. To be fair, I had grand plans to write my cards and wrap presents in November but then Squeak had his accident and it kind of wiped out a few weeks so I may actually have been a bit more ready this year had that not happened. Although I was wondering if it would really feel like Christmas without a bit of stress and panic thrown in?! :p

I took Squeak to a Christmas party for little ones on Tuesday afternoon, it was so cute and he loved it. As well as the million things going on at school for Wiggle, we are taking him to the panto on Saturday to see Aladdin and we’re off to see Father Christmas on Sunday morning so it should be a very Christmassy weekend. :xmassmile

Kerri I won the most with the scratchcards at my dinner party – a whopping £2!! :D

Treasurequeen buying each other decorations sounds like a lovely tradition and you can’t beat a garden centre at Christmas!

Redrobin wow I would have found the writing in the caves very moving too. I’m glad you enjoyed the markets there, it certainly sounds different. Fish and chips on Christmas Eve sounds lovely.

GTQ gosh the costs involved in medicine are crazy aren’t they?

Oh junior I’m sorry to hear you’re going through it again, I hope you managed to enjoy decorating the tree and watching a Christmas film and that you are doing better now.

Peppa do whatever works best for you food wise, it’s your day too and you want to enjoy it! Oh no rubbish news about your feeezer, it’s so disappointing to lose so much food and to have to start again. Fingers crossed everything comes with your shopping!

Beshki Tesco had some Starbucks chilled ready to drink latte’s in little cups if the recipient might like that? Or chocolate covered coffee beans? As for the 12 year old girl, I’ve seen ‘make your own freakshake’ sets in glass jar mugs in Next, a cinema light box, a journaling set/stationery? I don’t know any 12 year old girls so not so good at this sorry! :o
  • junior_j
    junior_j Posts: 4,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Sorry to hear you’ve been poorly again JJ, I hope things get sorted for you to enjoy Christmas.
    :.
    Thank you , had another episode and ended up in resus again. Fingers crossed that's enough for 2019 and hospital visits :o

What a nightmare. Fingers crossed everything is smooth for you from now on
    Beshki wrote: »

Gift voucher for next/primark?
    Stationary . Cinema voucher , popcorn and a bag of sweets?

Our Christmas tree broke , so have they old one out and will look in Jan for one for Xmas 2020.

Way behind now but back to work tomorrow.

Love and hugs and festive vibes to you all.xxx
    NanMias - cyber granddaughter!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family