Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Pmarmalade
    • By Pmarmalade 28th Oct 19, 11:20 PM
    • 175Posts
    • 138Thanks
    Pmarmalade
    Heating controls
    • 28th Oct 19, 11:20 PM
    Heating controls 28th Oct 19 at 11:20 PM
    Current set-up:

- Vaillant ecoTech pro 28 R2 combi boiler
    - Danfoss programmable timer (wired)
    - No thermostat
    - Boiler is in the kitchen, with no radiator, so it's always cold regardless

Is it possible to have a wireless heating control/thermostat in a warmer room but still also have an advance/+1 hr button at the boiler itself?

Ideally, I'd like others in the house be able to 'advance' the heating but not mess with the thermostat or timer.
    Last edited by Pmarmalade; 29-10-2019 at 10:36 AM.
Page 2
    • Pmarmalade
    • By Pmarmalade 10th Dec 19, 7:48 PM
    • 175 Posts
    • 138 Thanks
    Pmarmalade
    I bought a Nest and got a quote from a heating engineer to fit it and the time delay switch, they're coming back on Saturday to fit

However, I opened the Nest for the first time today to see a huge button on the Heat Link... the one-click override on the whole system in the worst way - continuous!

I guess I can ask the engineer install it away out of sight (there's a pretty inaccessible kitchen cupboard below the boiler that I could drill through), assuming the WiFi signal is strong enough.

The other thing - the Nest has the motion sensor. Placed in the living room, could this replace the need for the time delay switch? I'm not sure how the sensor controls the Nest in a practical way.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,779Posts Today

8,759Users online

Martin's Twitter