PFP Energy has taken over Better Energy customers?

Dear All,

I received an email in error this morning about an apparently failed transfer of energy supplier to PFP Energy because of a credit rating issue.

Of course, I was surprised by this as I didn't apply to transfer my energy.

Upon further investigations, it seems PFP Energy have acquired my current energy provider, Better Energy, and no one knew about this. It seems PFP Energy staff were the last to know.

I was advised that Better Energy customers will receive communications about the change in the next few days or more.

Comments

• JoeCrystal
    JoeCrystal Posts: 3,011 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I can confirm that I got an email about the transfer. Very annoying.

Anyway, the email is saying PFP Energy will be my gas supplier on or around 17 December 2019 and will honour the existing tariff, terms and conditions, and gas account balance. They will email or send me the Welcome Pack.
  • I got email from Better Energy last night and then one from PFP today asking for meter reading.

I hope PFP is not going to push for smart meter installation. I have only £50 credit on the account and hope it won't disappear.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I was with Better Energy until end Sept. Checked this morning and website still appears to be up and running??
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,936 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I've tried several browsers, but I can't get a quotation.
    I hope PFP is not going to push for smart meter installation. ....

All suppliers are, or soon will be, pushing for smart meter installations.
    They are being forced to, as if they don't meet targets, they get fined.
  • This is such a shame. Better Energy have been absolutely perfect for me with accurate billing and correct DD amounts forecast. PfP reviews are not encouraging. However, I am annoyed that I renewed with Better Energy very recently and I will have to transfer as I am carrying my winter credit at present.
    Je suis sabot...
  • I tried to register on their website but get "Account not found". Information about replying to email within 5 business days doesn't look encouraging. I may have to waste time again to find another provider of my choice, not the one forced on me.

I'm going to decline smart meter installation as long as possible.
  • Me, too. My account number wasn't recognised on their system but it is possible to give a meter reading by email.
    Je suis sabot...
  • Received email from Better Energy yesterday (10th), advising intended transfer as Better Energy leaving Gas market. Email from PFP this morning (11th) inviting me to register an online a/c. System would not recognise my d.o.b. but system worked when I left this info. field blank.
    Emailed PFP to tell them, they replied within 2 hrs (Rebecca) with corrected a/c number, and confirmed my meter reading. Rebecca said transfer of Better Energy data underway and they expected to complete around 17th December.
    So far so good - particularly as my existing BE tarriff is/was VERY competitive, and is apparently going to be honoured.
  • I had a look on PFP website and got a quote for South Yorks..High standing charges at 26p /kwh, gas was ok at 2.9p/kwh but electric a bit high at over 15pkwh
    ..Was a bit long winded going through a very poor guess on monthly DD based only on how many bedrooms you got
    I would think that most dedicated moneysavers on here won t be staying with them ..Google Chrome browser
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback