Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Undisputedtruth
    • By Undisputedtruth 10th Dec 19, 5:37 PM
    • 94Posts
    • 22Thanks
    Undisputedtruth
    PFP Energy has taken over Better Energy customers?
    • 10th Dec 19, 5:37 PM
    PFP Energy has taken over Better Energy customers? 10th Dec 19 at 5:37 PM
    Dear All,

I received an email in error this morning about an apparently failed transfer of energy supplier to PFP Energy because of a credit rating issue.

Of course, I was surprised by this as I didn't apply to transfer my energy.

Upon further investigations, it seems PFP Energy have acquired my current energy provider, Better Energy, and no one knew about this. It seems PFP Energy staff were the last to know.

I was advised that Better Energy customers will receive communications about the change in the next few days or more.
Page 1
    • JoeCrystal
    • By JoeCrystal 10th Dec 19, 7:19 PM
    • 2,093 Posts
    • 1,500 Thanks
    JoeCrystal
    • 10th Dec 19, 7:19 PM
    • 10th Dec 19, 7:19 PM
    I can confirm that I got an email about the transfer. Very annoying.

Anyway, the email is saying PFP Energy will be my gas supplier on or around 17 December 2019 and will honour the existing tariff, terms and conditions, and gas account balance. They will email or send me the Welcome Pack.
    • Penelopa.Pitstop
    • By Penelopa.Pitstop 11th Dec 19, 7:35 AM
    • 648 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    Penelopa.Pitstop
    • 11th Dec 19, 7:35 AM
    • 11th Dec 19, 7:35 AM
    I got email from Better Energy last night and then one from PFP today asking for meter reading.

I hope PFP is not going to push for smart meter installation. I have only £50 credit on the account and hope it won't disappear.

• brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 11th Dec 19, 8:38 AM
    • 5,820 Posts
    • 2,626 Thanks
    brewerdave
    • 11th Dec 19, 8:38 AM
    • 11th Dec 19, 8:38 AM
    I was with Better Energy until end Sept. Checked this morning and website still appears to be up and running??
    • Gerry1
    • By Gerry1 11th Dec 19, 10:40 AM
    • 1,218 Posts
    • 779 Thanks
    Gerry1
    • 11th Dec 19, 10:40 AM
    • 11th Dec 19, 10:40 AM
    I've tried several browsers, but I can't get a quotation.
    • Flt. Lt. Biggles
    • By Flt. Lt. Biggles 11th Dec 19, 10:51 AM
    • 241 Posts
    • 117 Thanks
    Flt. Lt. Biggles
    • 11th Dec 19, 10:51 AM
    • 11th Dec 19, 10:51 AM
    I hope PFP is not going to push for smart meter installation. ....
    Originally posted by Penelopa.Pitstop
    All suppliers are, or soon will be, pushing for smart meter installations.
    They are being forced to, as if they don't meet targets, they get fined.
    • Hoof Hearted
    • By Hoof Hearted 11th Dec 19, 12:54 PM
    • 2,248 Posts
    • 2,257 Thanks
    Hoof Hearted
    • 11th Dec 19, 12:54 PM
    • 11th Dec 19, 12:54 PM
    This is such a shame. Better Energy have been absolutely perfect for me with accurate billing and correct DD amounts forecast. PfP reviews are not encouraging. However, I am annoyed that I renewed with Better Energy very recently and I will have to transfer as I am carrying my winter credit at present.
    Je suis sabot...
    • Penelopa.Pitstop
    • By Penelopa.Pitstop 11th Dec 19, 7:11 PM
    • 648 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    Penelopa.Pitstop
    • 11th Dec 19, 7:11 PM
    • 11th Dec 19, 7:11 PM
    I tried to register on their website but get "Account not found". Information about replying to email within 5 business days doesn't look encouraging. I may have to waste time again to find another provider of my choice, not the one forced on me.

I'm going to decline smart meter installation as long as possible.

• Hoof Hearted
    • By Hoof Hearted 11th Dec 19, 7:51 PM
    • 2,248 Posts
    • 2,257 Thanks
    Hoof Hearted
    • 11th Dec 19, 7:51 PM
    • 11th Dec 19, 7:51 PM
    Me, too. My account number wasn't recognised on their system but it is possible to give a meter reading by email.
    Je suis sabot...
    • bognorcodger
    • By bognorcodger 11th Dec 19, 9:01 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    bognorcodger
    Received email from Better Energy yesterday (10th), advising intended transfer as Better Energy leaving Gas market. Email from PFP this morning (11th) inviting me to register an online a/c. System would not recognise my d.o.b. but system worked when I left this info. field blank.
    Emailed PFP to tell them, they replied within 2 hrs (Rebecca) with corrected a/c number, and confirmed my meter reading. Rebecca said transfer of Better Energy data underway and they expected to complete around 17th December.
    So far so good - particularly as my existing BE tarriff is/was VERY competitive, and is apparently going to be honoured.
    • Houbara
    • By Houbara 11th Dec 19, 9:01 PM
    • 4,889 Posts
    • 3,368 Thanks
    Houbara
    I had a look on PFP website and got a quote for South Yorks..High standing charges at 26p /kwh, gas was ok at 2.9p/kwh but electric a bit high at over 15pkwh
    ..Was a bit long winded going through a very poor guess on monthly DD based only on how many bedrooms you got
    I would think that most dedicated moneysavers on here won t be staying with them ..Google Chrome browser
    • hillcats
    • By hillcats 12th Dec 19, 12:25 AM
    • 849 Posts
    • 646 Thanks
    hillcats
    A real shame, I'm fast approaching three years with Better Energy and my existing tariff was due 01 March 2020, it's nice to note that PFP will honour the existing tariffs.
    I'm sure it will then be time to make a hasty exit and dash for the door towards another supplier but I will enquire with PFP what options are available and what is their cheapest tariff for me...
    You never know, I may be surprised and be unable to beat the new company but I just somehow doubt it !
    ORIGINAL MORTGAGE AMOUNT £106,454.00 (Started Sept 2007)
    MAY 2019 O/S AMOUNT £2,358.45 OUR DEBT REDUCED BY £104,095.55 By Std Regular, Over-Payments & Off-Setting.
    BofE +0.19% Tracker Repayment Offset Mortgage Discounted Sept 07-10 then increased to BofE +0.62% until 2027
    • dpngDerek
    • By dpngDerek 12th Dec 19, 9:44 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dpngDerek
    MY BetterEnergy tariff wasn't competitive and so continuing with PFP on the same tariff isn't attractive. If I decide to move to a different supplier what is the situation regarding payment of the exit fee applicable to the BetterEnergy tariff? My tariff was fixed until Dec 2020.
    • Penelopa.Pitstop
    • By Penelopa.Pitstop 12th Dec 19, 4:58 PM
    • 648 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    Penelopa.Pitstop
    Me, too. My account number wasn't recognised on their system but it is possible to give a meter reading by email.
    Originally posted by Hoof Hearted
    I sent meter read via email . Also got email with different new account number and there's no DOB required any more, so was able to login now.

• Hoof Hearted
    • By Hoof Hearted 12th Dec 19, 7:24 PM
    • 2,248 Posts
    • 2,257 Thanks
    Hoof Hearted
    I sent meter read via email . Also got email with different new account number and there's no DOB required any more, so was able to login now.
    Originally posted by Penelopa.Pitstop
    I seem to be stalking you. I got exactly the same message and I'm now set up online. Impressively quick response from them.
    Je suis sabot...
    • vm2pensioner
    • By vm2pensioner 13th Dec 19, 10:41 PM
    • 132 Posts
    • 66 Thanks
    vm2pensioner
    Am already in process of transfering away from BE in a couple of weeks as my fixed tariff is ending and replacement tariff more expensive. Received rapid response email to confirm all should go ahead as planned. Very mixed reviews on PFP, so perhaps a good time to move.
    • Hoof Hearted
    • By Hoof Hearted 14th Dec 19, 10:08 AM
    • 2,248 Posts
    • 2,257 Thanks
    Hoof Hearted
    MY BetterEnergy tariff wasn't competitive and so continuing with PFP on the same tariff isn't attractive. If I decide to move to a different supplier what is the situation regarding payment of the exit fee applicable to the BetterEnergy tariff? My tariff was fixed until Dec 2020.
    Originally posted by dpngDerek
    Personally. I would allow the transfer to PfP and transfer of credit then give it a month before moving on. PfP have promised no exit fees in their letter to ex-Better customers.

 Your payments will be made to PFP Energy Ltd from January 2020.
     If you’re on a fixed rate deal we are removing your exit fees.
     The name of your tariff will change, however, the terms of your tariff will remain the same – including tariff rates, which in some circumstances may even reduce in price.

Je suis sabot...
    • dpngDerek
    • By dpngDerek 15th Dec 19, 11:48 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dpngDerek
    Thanks Hoof Hearted,
    I missed that statement. I will wait a while and then decide what to do.
    • T_O_G
    • By T_O_G 3rd Jan 20, 1:06 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    T_O_G
    I have received an e-mail on Tuesday saying that PFP energy will be refunding my outstanding balance as I had transferred from Better Energy before they withdrew from the market. I am rather annoyed as they weren't honest about the refund as previously they said they had a technical issue and were working to resolve the issue, the reality was they had gone bust and were scrabbling to find a new buyer!
    I think it's about time the regulator does their job and make sure these companies are financially viable before issuing licences, there seems to be a growing trend of companies going bust!
    Last edited by T_O_G; 03-01-2020 at 1:08 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,289Posts Today

8,355Users online

Martin's Twitter