PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

20 20s for 2020

Options

Comments

• PipneyJane
    PipneyJane Posts: 4,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 10 December 2019 at 5:13PM
    Options
    Thank you, Lurker1972 for an excellent idea for a Challenge. May I join in, please?

My list is:-
    1. Knit 20 balls of yarn (that's between 3 & 5 jumpers worth)
    2. 20 minutes a day learning French (via Duolingo and TinyCards)
    3. 20 minutes exercise a day
    4. Read 20 books
    5. Try 20 new dinner recipes
    6. 20 gardening sessions
    7. Explore 20 new places
    8. Attend 20 "shows" (concerts/plays/films/BBC recordings)
    9. Talk to my sister in Australia 20 times
    10. Phone friends to chat 20 times (I'm hopeless on the phone)
    11. Lose 20lbs
    12. Mend 20 items of clothing (yes, that includes sewing on buttons and taking up hems)
    13. Declutter 20 items
    14. Run 20 miles (but not all at once)
    15. Invest an additional £20 a week (that's another £87/month. Tight when everything is accounted for already.)
    16. Make 20 site visits for work, earning mileage 20 times (it goes to the car fund)
    17. Write 20 blog posts (in 2019, I haven't managed one yet)
    18. Log 10,000 steps on my Fitbit on 20 or more days (harder to do than it sounds)
    19. Have a party in the summer and invite at least 20 friends
    20. Watch at least 20 programs that have been on the DVR since 2018
    [STRIKE]That's 19 items so far. Hmmm.....[/STRIKE]

20 challenges recorded! :beer: Now to do them.

- Pip (now to work out how to track everything)
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

It ain’t what you do, it’s the way that you do it - that’s what gets results!

2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 66 coupons, 0 spent.
  • NeverendingDMP
    Options
    Excellant idea. I will call back in when ive decided my 20 20....read everyone elses ideas first ha ha..
    Jan 18 Joint debts 35,213 - March 24 16.6k
    Mortgage Jan 18- 77224 Dec 23- just under 69k
  • Ms_W
    Ms_W Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 10 December 2019 at 8:11PM
    Options
    walk 20,000 steps day/week
    walk 20 miles week/fornight
    all housework/night bath/ children sorted out etc done ready to sit down by 20.20
    be in bed (with computer, phone etc switched off) by 20.20

edit: silly me I was thinking it was 20 mins past 10 though I can be ready and sometimes in bed at 8 but I think I'll change mine to computer off if just aimlessly looking at random rubbish by 20.20.
  • boultdj
    boultdj Posts: 5,312 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I need to do that last one Ms W, stealing to add to my list, thank you for the idea.
    £71.93/ £180.00
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    What a great idea and far more likely to achieve than those daft New Year resolutions as you have a whole year to achieve them I shall be thinking up my list today
    Some on the lists already shown I can't physically do (especially at the moment as I had a nasty fall so I am a bit limited for some things.20 books will be a doddle at the moment :) But I shall think of something 20 smiles and good mornings to strangers would be Ok but I'm not too sure if I lived in a big city that I would do it .:)
    I may start with 20 books to go the the local CS (I have far too many books in my study)
    JackieO xx
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Love this idea, I shall start thinking of my list!
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • Lurker1972
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions, I’m definitely having the saving 20 £20s, but virtual ones.... I’ve already got a couple of ideas how we’ll use them and it involves some sort of travel.

20 meal donations to food bank. I know they are likely to end up separated, but I like the idea of providing a meal.

I could do with losing 20lbs, and hopefully as there is a lot of activity on the list this will happen as a side effect.(ignoring the cake consumption of course) It’s not going on the list though, as I don’t want to set myself up to fail.

If I plan 20 random acts of kindness are they still random? I may go with 20 compliments to random colleagues mainly as I’m still smiling from one I was given today......
    I do not make mistakes, I learn lessons.
    I work to live, not live to work.
    I love to live & live to love.
    Good enough is exactly that.
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,401 Forumite
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Say no 20 times - ie on 20 separate occasions - without worrying about the offence it causes.

Plan good times for 20 weekends.

VfM4mepls you could have - find 20 great bargains in a charity shop
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,401 Forumite
    Options
    JackieO wrote: »
    What a great idea and far more likely to achieve than those daft New Year resolutions as you have a whole year to achieve them I shall be thinking up my list today
    Some on the lists already shown I can't physically do (especially at the moment as I had a nasty fall so I am a bit limited for some things.20 books will be a doddle at the moment :) But I shall think of something 20 smiles and good mornings to strangers would be Ok but I'm not too sure if I lived in a big city that I would do it .:)
    I may start with 20 books to go the the local CS (I have far too many books in my study)
    JackieO xx

JackieO you could have -rustle up twenty different types of biscuits or cakes for when your grandchildren or family come over. Or make twenty new meals from your leftovers. Sorry to hear that you have had a nasty fall. Hope you are on the mend soon.
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • nannygladys
    Options
    What a fab challenge, I will jump onto this one. Everyone seems to have some really good ideas, so tomorrow I will try to come up with some to suit me!!
    Nannyg
    PS I like the 20 x £20 notes as well!!
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure