Sashybo - Back Again

Options

Comments

• sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi all, thanks Hidden, had a nice weekend with DH & DS just chilling out. My MIL is visiting next weekend. :eek:

Paws, my baby is a ten ton Tessie (well the male equivalent anyway :rotfl:) I can't understand why he is so *ahem* "sturdy" as all the rest of my family have small babies, think the biggest has been 8lb something rather than half an oz off 10lb. :eek: Oh well he's a big healthy boy. :D

Didn't do any yoga over the weekend as my back is feeling sorer again. Started again this morning & was just a bit more gentle with my back this time.

DS has been quite unsettled the last few nights & keeps waking up grumbling rather than crying about 2 hours after I put him to bed. Not sure what's wrong, last night I ended up just taking him into bed with us. :o Don't want to make that a habit though so hoping it's just a wee phase he's going through.

Loan no1 is very nearly under £800, have been able to make quite a few extra payments as have had survey money coming in. When the normal monthly payment comes off at the end of the week the loan will be at roughly £650. :T :j Still hoping to pay it off by Christmas at the latest.

Also suggested to my mum, brother & sister that we just buy for the kids at Christmas this year to save time & money. To be honest I'll still buy presents for my mum & sister as they're both single and don't have someone to buy them a present otherwise. I also don't want them spending money on me & DH when we don't really need anything & it's just buying for the sake of it. I also know my brother & his GF are struggling with money a bit as well so think it's better all round.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Do you use wonder weeks?

It has been by far the best money I've spent on an app ever! It helps with everything, shows leaps and what 'behaviours' to expect and tips on how to solve them etc and what's coming next x
  • sashybo
    Options
    Hidden, I hadn't heard of that app at all, thanks. :)

Have now downloaded it & entered DS's dates & the chart is showing that he may be fussier from around 3 days ago up until the end of the week. This matches up with the changes in his sleeping habits & behaviour so quite impressed so far. :T
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Honestly its brilliant for when you feel like you've exhausted everything and don't know why

Hopefully he settles again soon :)

I hope this time the inlaws visit goes better and the mil isn't so ott x
  • sashybo
    Options
    Thanks Hidden. :) DS had a better night last night but still a bit grumpy today. Have done some more reading in the wonder weeks app & it's quite interesting.

Yes fingers crossed MIL has calmed down but I seriously doubt it. :rotfl: At least we have an escape plan on the Monday to our singing/story group.

Going to visit my mum tomorrow, hoping to walk down if it's dry. On Thurs I'm meeting some friends & their kids for a couple of hours in town. My sister is going to visit later the same day as she said she's having withdrawal symptoms from not seeing the baby for 2 weeks. :rotfl:

Going to try & do some yoga tomorrow morning, aiming for at least 30 mins every second day for now.

Still waiting for £25 from one survey company & am £1.40 off cashing out on 0nepoll. :T Trying to keep doing the surveys to try & pay loan no1 off as quickly as possible to reduce our monthly outgoings as I'm going on to statutory maternity pay now which is about a third of my usual monthly wage. :(
  • sashybo
    Options
    Didn't get down to my mum's yesterday as my brother's GF had to be admitted into hospital and my mum had the 2 wee ones. We didn't know if the illness was infectious so thought it best to keep DS away.

Managed to do about 40 mins of yoga with DS watching from his bouncy chair. Also did a few surveys but that was about it for housework.

Went into town today & had lunch with my friends, was good to catch up with them. :) Parked at my mum's as she only lives a 10 min walk from the town. Meant I could drop in & see her before going into town & also saved me paying £3 for parking. :T

My sister & nieces came up for an hour or so as well. Good to see them and my nieces (8 yo twins) had quick cuddles with the baby before going to plague DH with questions about what he was doing in the garage & in the garden. :rotfl:

Left me & my sister in peace with the baby to have a chat. Was nearly wetting myself laughing when my sister reminded me about the time she lost my nephew overnight when he was a baby. She'd taken him into bed with her & then couldn't find him in the morning.:eek: He'd rolled down between the bed & the wall and was right under the bed - perfectly fine & still sleeping! :rotfl:

Am now 60p away from cashing out on 0nepoll. :j Also waiting for another £21 from another survey site. :T

Plan for tomorrow is to do more yoga and try and get the bathrooms cleaned. MIL arriving on Sat evening so still time to get things done.
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    I know that feeling so so well I am about a fiver away on Onepoll its never ending or so it seems.

I wish they would drop the payout amount I have being on the site 3-4 years its no better.
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • sashybo
    Options
    Hi Scott, yes it's one of the highest payout amounts & takes a good while as only usually 10p surveys but I do like the fact that the surveys are short. 50p to go now as had a 10p survey this morning. :j

DS up at 5am today so changed him & gave him a bottle and back to sleep in his moses basket by 6am. I decided to stay up & do some yoga whilst he was asleep, so managed an hour of yoga & even a shower :eek: before he woke up again.:j

Have stuck a washing on & made corned beef hash for dinner and DS was good as gold.:j Having a wee rest now & will probably need a nap later. :o

Might just leave cleaning the bathrooms until tomorrow.

My monthly loan payment came out yesterday for loan no1 & balance is now just under £650. :T:D
  • sashybo
    Options
    Just a quick update as MIL is currently in residence - not too bad so far but it has only been 14 hours. :o:rotfl: DS still being baby snatched at every opportunity.:cool:

Yesterday we got some top-up shopping done and then I cleaned the bathrooms, did a bit of ironing and hung out a washing. Also made broccoli and stilton soup for dinner and some fairy cakes as had the ingredients and fancied some sponge cake. :D

Have managed 50 mins of yoga this morning as left DS with DH & MIL, lucky him. :p
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Poor DS :rotfl: :rotfl:

Glad it isn't too bad and you're getting some more time to get things done while DS is happy x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback