Sashybo - Back Again

Options

Comments

• sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    In money news, loans 1 & 2 combined are now sitting at just over 6k, with loan 1 at £1165 & loan 2 just under 5k. :T The sooner I can get these down the better, especially with the job worries I now have.

Got some quidco money through so paid it off loan no1. Should hopefully be able to make extra payments to both loans with our next pay as well. Just ignoring the car loans for the moment, will look at over paying (if we can afford to) after loan 1 has been paid off.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi Sashy

You sound like you are doing incredibly well. A total natural!

I'm really impressed with how you are getting on with everything even with colic in the mix.

Glad the PILs aren't there anymore. Less is more eh ;)

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • sashybo
    Options
    Hi Bob, thanks. :) I think it helps that my DH & family are very supportive. I've had a few down days & those panicky moments where I think I can't do it and it's all so overwhelming but a cuddle from DH & with the baby generally sorts me out.

It's nice that the PIL are so smitten but it was such hard work having them visiting & they weren't even staying with us. :cool: Dreading the next visit when they'll expect to stay with us.:eek: I'll have to put my foot down over the baby hogging & taking over that MIL will no doubt be doing.:eek:

It's much easier with my own mum, if she's annoying me I can just tell her. :rotfl: To be honest she's been fine though, probably because she already has several grandchildren & knows how to be diplomatic with mums, especially first timers like me. MIL is just blind to everything but her own feelings when it comes to the baby.:eek:

Our first outing on our own to the chiropractor went well. :j I managed to get the baby in and out of the car seat OK, got him in & out of the car and attached the car seat to the pram frame as well. :) Why do they make prams & car seats so confusing though? :eek::rotfl:

Also everywhere you go with a baby everyone wants to talk to you & look at the baby.:rotfl: Found it a bit strange in the beginning but getting used to it now.:rotfl:

Dropped in to see my mum after my appointment as she lives nearby. My back is still pretty sore, so still need weekly visits which is costing a small fortune. :eek: My chiropractor is giving me a reduced rate for 2 visits though which will save £32. :j

We also went out in the car again yesterday as my sister needed to be picked up from hospital after a small procedure and couldn't drive herself after anesthetic. I had to wrestle with the pram rain cover this time :eek: but was good practice. Had to abandon the car on double yellows in the hospital grounds as parking was a nightmare - never any spaces.

Payday today so have paid extra off loans 1 & 2.:)
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hope your back gets better soon.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • sashybo
    Options
    Thanks Bob, my pelvis has really been knocked out with the pregnancy & birth and it's so painful sitting down & leaning back but slowly getting better.

Can't wait to start doing some yoga again although not sure when I'll fit it in as baby still wants to be held all the time. Trying to get him used to going in his bouncy chair for short bursts while I do a bit of housework or even so I can eat but don't get much more than 15 mins if I'm lucky. Am now on this diet called "the baby won't let me put him down so I can eat" diet.:eek::rotfl: There's a limit to what you can do with one hand.

Yesterday I took DS for a walk in his pram round the estate for 20 mins. He dozed off & the fresh air was good for us both.

When we got back I got a bit of gardening done whilst DS slept in his pram - tied up the sweet peas at the front to the trellis as they've been battered by the wind and a quick bit of weeding.

DH has been doing really well looking after the garden on his own but needs help now he's back at work.

We were late to bed last night (all of us) but DS slept really well. Got up about half an hour ago with him to change & feed him but he's only taken 1oz & fallen asleep again. :eek: He's going to be starving when he wakes up. :eek:
  • sashybo
    Options
    Took the wee one into work yesterday as my shift were on lates. Was nice to see them all & the baby was a big hit and got passed around for cuddles until he got hungry & cried and then he was swiftly passed back to me.:rotfl:

Was given a card from all of the shifts & also £200 for the baby from them all as well which was lovely of them.:T Going to open an account for DS as a few people have given us money for him & we'd like to save it for him rather than spend it. We still have some money that we saved to buy things he needs so no need to spend his gift money for the time being.

Can't remember if I put down here that the PIL gave us a four figure sum for the baby with strict instructions that it's to be saved or invested for him to use when he's older, so we have to decide what to do with that as well. DS has more money than we do right now.:rotfl:

Have had a lazy-ish couple of days as DH on late shifts now so he doesn't start work until late afternoon. Planning to get out for a walk again with the pram tomorrow as good for both of us.
  • sashybo
    Options
    The baby slept really well last night (nearly 7 hours!!) I think he's having a growth spurt. I'm still knackered but everything is easier with a bit more sleep.:D

My sister has offered to take DS for a couple of hours tomorrow so may take her up on that and just relax. :j

We had another visit from the health visitor and baby now 12lb.:eek::D He's got another visit next week & his 6 week assessments then a check with the GP. Poor wee soul gets his first vaccination in 3 weeks as well - I'm dreading it. Couldn't look when the midwife was taking his blood during the heel !!!!! test a few weeks ago.:o

DS also now registered at our dentist as we were there the other day for our check ups. Just a scale & polish for both myself & DH and still free for me atm. :T Want to get DS used to the dentist as early as possible so he's not scared. :)

Our fridge-freezer is on the way out - things in the fridge are either warm or frozen solid if too near the back.:( It's been playing up for a while so we've just ordered a new one before it breaks altogether. Luckily we have some extra money in our pay to cover it.

That now means we have replaced every appliance the builders gave us with the house (except the oven) and they all only lasted 3 years from brand new!:eek: Just hope our replacements last a lot longer than that! :cool:
  • sashybo
    edited 9 July 2017 at 9:42PM
    Options
    Lying on the couch with the baby sleeping on me & my littlest cat on my knee, trying not to doze off.

My sister took DS for a few hours yesterday :T & I managed to get quite a lot done around the house. Cleaned the bathrooms, put on a washing & put another washing away and also re-potted a lot of plants in the garden which have been neglected since DS arrived.

I also went through all of my clothes & put my specific maternity stuff away into a plastic storage bag. I didn't have lots as mostly just bought a size bigger or a looser style that I could still wear afterwards.

Also put my holiday clothes & jumpers into separate storage bags and they are all now neatly stacked on the shelf in my wardrobe. :T It was very messy up there so now much better. :j

Tidied my drawers as well & got rid of some old stuff, much easier to see what I have. Still need to go through the hanging clothes properly but pleased with what I got done.

DS slept fairly well last night (4 hours then 2 then 1!) but was up every 2/3 hours the night before. Had a 40 min nap with him on the couch yesterday evening.

We have had our first home grown courgette.:j The plants have quite a few flowers so hopefully we'll get more. Have potatoes, runner beans, spring onions, radishes, wasabi rocket & little gem lettuces growing outside and tomatoes, chilies & bell peppers growing in the greenhouse. :) DH has done really well with it all, we've only grown tomatoes & chillies before.

Today we took my old clothes to the charity bins and then did a food shop in Ald! and then came home. DH off today as worked late shift last night but will be on earlies from tomorrow.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like a lovely weekend Sashy x

Glad DS is doing a bit better, make sure you take the time when you can to catch up on sleep too!
  • sashybo
    Options
    Thanks Hidden, I've been trying to sleep when DS sleeps - this made easier by the fact that he wakes up pretty much every time I put him down during the day so I'm trapped holding him if he falls asleep.

To be honest I'm holding him 90% of the time anyway as he's still doing mad screaming if I put him in his bouncy chair/on his beanbag etc. The only exceptions are his Moses basket at night & his changing mat and play mat as he likes to lie on the floor (but only for 10 mins or so at a time). The only time I get things done is when DH is at home and can hold the baby or when my mum or sister take him out.

Finding it quite hard going just now as it's frustrating being stuck holding the baby and getting nothing done. I know he's still very new & getting used to everything but just hope he learns to settle a bit more in a seat so I can do something other than hold him. I do love cuddling him but the house looks like a bomb hit it and DH tries his best but he's working & he also just doesn't seem to see mess the same way that I see it!!

DH keeps telling me not to pick the baby up when cries & just to "ignore him" as though the baby is doing it on purpose to get attention.:mad: I can't leave him to cry, he's so small and gets so worked up and genuinely scared sounding. Sometimes I have to put him down i.e. when I'm alone at home and need to make something to eat and that's bad enough as he cries himself into a proper state.

Speaking of DH I think he's the one with the baby blues atm. He's very grumpy & snappy and keeps complaining about hating being back at work. I think he feels like I'm just on a wee holiday or something & doesn't seem to realise how hard it is looking after the baby on my own every day. The sheer grind of it sometimes & the fact that some days all seem to be the same. :(

He is mostly helpful and does take DS for a while most days when he comes home from work but he seems a bit resentful of us both right now. :( He keeps saying it's nothing to do with me or the baby - he's just overwhelmed. I hope he gets over it soon as it's out of character and I know he loves us but it's upsetting for me because how does he think I'm feeling?! I'm overwhelmed too!

Oh dear that turned into a bit of a rant, obviously needed to get it off my chest. DH off out tonight with his friend for dinner & drinks. He spent most of the day taking the built in fridge-freezer out as our new one arrives tomorrow & isn't built in. So he did get a lot done & was busy but huffed & puffed when I asked him to put the frozen food into an insulated bag as it was just lying out in the garage. He also went out before the cats were fed or I'd had anything to eat, resulting in 2 hysterical crying fits from DS when I had to put him down to feed the cats & then myself.:( I told DH not to be late & not to get drunk as we'll have to get up early to get the cats out of the kitchen for the delivery men & we don't know what delivery slot we're going to get either so could be first thing.

Took DS out to a wee half hour singing/story time group for babies with my friend and her baby the other day. DS really loved it, he was listening to all the other babies and making noises when everyone was singing, I'm sure he was trying to join in.:rotfl: It's a weekly thing so think it will be good for both of us to go.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback