Comments

• bitm2007
    bitm2007 Posts: 276 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    essex_boy wrote: »
    Hi, welcome to MSE
    Last time it was this method we had the code around 2am
    You could either stay up for the night shift tonight or get up early tomorrow morning and use the Codewords then

Do you know if it's been possible (for non Sun Savers) to book before midnight in recent years ? It looks like it's going to be a long night, so i'm thinking about setting the alarm and having a couple of hours kip between 10-12 tonight.
  • Chris_Emmerson
    Options
    and here we all go again the madness of waiting on a code tonight, is anyone on here near to central london to pickup an early paper? or knows of a lottery news paper delivery person?
  • essex_boy
    essex_boy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    bitm2007 wrote: »
    Do you know if it's been possible (for non Sun Savers) to book before midnight in recent years ? It looks like it's going to be a long night, so i'm thinking about setting the alarm and having a couple of hours kip between 10-12 tonight.

Yep, I remember one very lovely day when I got leaked the code around Midnight
    I was in a very empty booking office taking my holidays out before I posted it on the thread for everyone else
  • Topboy71
    Options
    Do the Butlins ones go quick do you know
  • essex_boy
    Options
    Topboy71 wrote: »

Fairly fast, especially School Holidays
    I have been to Butlins during Summer School Holidays so it's not impossible but you'd need to get into the booking office as soon as possible
    During Term time it's easier, especially on Pay Only dates
    A lot of the holiday dates during School term will be just for tots so beware if you don't have Tots as it would be very babyish for older children
  • Topboy71
    Options
    Pay only days ?? Also granddaughter is 3 so we can go anytime ps thanks in advance
  • bitm2007
    edited 12 January 2019 at 12:33PM
    Options

Have you checked the £10 Local Newspaper offer ? The school hol dates have probably gone, but there are still plenty of Butlins holidays available from them at other times of year. It's well worth paying the extra 50p per person if you guarantee the dates you want IMO, whether than wait and hope the Sun's got availability.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5944683
  • Topboy71
    Options
    Sorry not sure how you mean local newspaper as I am new to this and the bit about the 50p
  • bitm2007
    Options
    Sorry not sure how you mean local newspaper as I am new to this and the bit about the 50p

If you click the link in the post above it will take you to the moneysavingexpert page for that offer, where all the code words required to book are listed in the first post. Everything is identically priced to Sun's deals including the Pay Only Dates (see link below), except for the fact that the initial cost of the holiday is £10 per person, rather than £9.50 from the Sun.

https://www.breakfreeholidays.co.uk/local/free-park-dates
  • essex_boy
    Options
    Pay only days ?? Also granddaughter is 3 so we can go anytime ps thanks in advance

The local newspaper thread on this forum is here
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5944683
    See the post above for more info
    Pay Only dates are both Service Charge and Entertainment passes free so would save you a lot of money

If Pay Only on the local promotion have sold out check The Sun promotion once the booking office opens
    They'll be a Pay Only link showing the dates and sites available
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport