PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 1st January 2018

Options

Comments

• atypicalblonde
    Options
    Morning ladies,

Haven't had chance to fully read back but sending big strength and FFP xx
    Dizzy - I know that face well, my DH has it too when he's poorly...

Blowing a gale here, kiddies awake a lot in the night with it. Kitchen is a tip - DH' brother came for tea last night which was lovely but by the time he left I CBA to tidy up. Going out this morning to the blue and yellow shed so will ignore it for a few hours :D then crack on once I'm home.

Will pop back later xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    Hugs to everyone that needs them
    FFP take pigpen's advice it's spot on.

Managed to get Drs appt for this morning so heading down there in a bit. Got friends I've not seen for years visiting today, random phone call last night which was a lovely surprise so need to s&s kitchen and bathroom and tell ds2 to listen for the door while I'm out incase they are early.

Hope everyone stayed safe in last nights storms. X
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning.

Wild and windy night here, still blowing a gale. Fences leaning at angles, bins huddling in a corner where they weren't when I last looked.
    Dizzy_Imp wrote: »
    Washing mountain is out of control, ironing basket is breeding and there is dust literally everywhere.

Yep - ditto - that's my day sorted too ;). Added to that the darn school shoes saga, as they are out of stock on line, plus my car has developed a warning light, which of course it couldn't have got in the 2 weeks that I haven't been at work. Bedding changed and in wm, ironing might be next on the list. Catch you all later.
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tuesday ~ Kitchen and Living Room
    Level One
    Level Two
    Dust any areas below eye level
    Level Three
    Dust anything above eye level

Wednesday ~ Master Bedroom & Landing
    Level 1
    Level 2
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs. :rotfl:
    Level 3
    Sort one area of clothes or linen storage making sure only what should be in there is, anything that's had it's day or doesn't belong there is removed
    Clear a hotspot., or spend 15 minutes clearing one.
    Do three extra acts of kindness for other people. Taking boys to cinema, despite my headache

Extra tasks list, as usual choose one or more
    27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    Clean windows in these rooms

If its deleted its done. Mostly because i did the bedroom, landing and wardrobe clearance on Monday :p

I guess I had better go and find a duster. The cobwebs like to gather on the beams and its a hated job to clear them
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • MinnieMousesMummy
    Options
    Good morning everyone, I am just going to post my list and then make a start. Hope everyone is having a good day, hugs to those who want/need them.

Monday - New Year's Day

Wipe/scrub sink
    Move clutter so you can vacuum under it
    Vacuum and wipe (if needed) sofas
    Dust any areas below eye level
    Dust anything above eye level (if safe to do so)
    Check the useby dates on stuff in fridge, double check your fruit bowl – do you need to get rid of anything furry or a funny colour?

Wednesday ~ Master Bedroom & Landing

Paid stuff
    Do 3 loads of laundry
    Check fire alarms are working
    Remove and wash bed linen.
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs..
    15 minutes floordrobe clearance
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing
    Put all the ironing away that was done over the past few days.
    Clean out the guinea pigs
    Speak to DH about how his interview went
    Check through undies drawers, anything more holy than the church which needs to go/be repaired? Anyone need anything replacing?
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Back from Drs apparently my ear looks ok so it could be a middle or inner ear infection which they will only know if my eardrum perforates I can take ibrofpropen and am to try not to pop my ear. The Drs were too busy so they had a nurse doing nonurgent cold related appt to clear them quickly. Oh and I must go back if I get worse or ear starts producing yucky stuff.

I did go in Tesco and buy some reduced baby and children's clothes so not a complete waste of a morning.

Going for a cuppa now then I'll get on.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Afternoon all

Hope everyone okay after all the gales etc and no real damage done. We had the howling wind here, but on the front, so quiet in bedroom thank goodness.

Just wanting to up-date list. I'm still feeling a bit disorganised for some reason - probably not helping having DH here all the time as well and having to work round him.

Vacuum and wipe (if needed) sofas

Wednesday ~ Master Bedroom
    Remove and wash bed linen.
    Vacuum mattress before replacing with fresh linen, air the bed if possible
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing

Extra
    tasks list,
    Check the airing cupboard, anything that is way past it's use by
    Clean tops of wardrobes and drawers (if safe to do so, no pregnant flyladies on ladders please delegate the job instead)
    Check through undies drawers, anything more holy than the church which needs to go/be repaired? Anyone need anything replacing?

Right - off to finish the hoovering then will have some lunch. Scrambles on toast today I think

Hugs all
    Laters Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well, after my 11am lie-in yesterday, we managed 8am this morning. (Alarm at 7 but we dozed)

Finally got my a**e to the gym. The plan to change gyms and go more in November back-fired hugely because of work. I haven’t been for weeks. OUCH. LBT will hurt a lot tomorrow. I also tried a Pilates class. Just because I could. Rather nice.

I like their brand new timetable. Lots of classes for me to try in my 3 month sabbatical (translated as clear house, pack house, find new house, move, rent out old house).

Me time at the moment. I’m waiting to hear about funeral arrangements as if I’m flying down to London I might as well keep going down to Truro with sisters car to scope things out. If that doesn’t work, I’ll be going after a) the trip I may need to the Canadian embasssy, b) after the skiing holiday, c) during what should have been my skiing holiday.

I HATE not being able to plan.

OK. HHC. I did the bedroom yesterday. Kitchen and laundry on the cards.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not done any housework today but did muck out 2 stables and sweep the yard plus do 4 hay nets and 2 feeds though feel that may not count?!! Stopped in to my friends after and had lunch with her (Huck's owner) then back and been typing ever since. Think I'm going to have to try to fly after tea tonight.

Hope everyone is OK with all the wind; it's picking up here I'm sure and the windows seem to be rattling; horrible.
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all

I shoved a load of laundry in the tumbler this morning although I have now hung another load out. Really cold out there but not as windy now as it was.

Made stew to put in sc first thing, sorted washing, mopped kitchen floor and tidied.

Paid stuff no 1 done, on with paid stuff no. 2 now but having computer problems so not sure how much I will get done. Need to be working because DH is at home.

Get well vibes for mrs m-p.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport