Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,467 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your dad.
    As you say very treatable these days.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,603 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your dad.

Enjoy The Band - I’m currently reading Garry Barlows new book and really enjoying it.
    January spends - £587.58
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your dad. You are right it is very treatable so all should be fine.

I have a relative on dialysis too. I hope he gets a transplant soon.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,416 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ah Cumbria sorry to hear that about your Dad - and about your friend being knocked sideways by his need for dialysis too - hopefully it will make such a difference to his wellbeing that he'll feel more positive about it once he gets used to the idea.

Good to hear you sounding so generally upbeat and busy!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • System
    System Posts: 178,098 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ah Cumbria sorry to hear that about your Dad - and about your friend being knocked sideways by his need for dialysis too - hopefully it will make such a difference to his wellbeing that he'll feel more positive about it once he gets used to the idea.

Good to hear you sounding so generally upbeat and busy!

Lovely to see you back EH.:j
  • System
    Options
    My dad has a date for biopsy in Feb so that is good.

The Band last night was brilliant so glad we took the chance to go , at £10 each and £5.50 parking it was a MSE evening.

Tomorrow is back to childminding and the weekend is fairly quiet which I am glad about. It is freezing and I do hope we don't get snow it looks nice on photos but not on the road !

Am catching up with tv programmes tonight.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,690 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Great to hear your dad has a date fixed.

So pleased you enjoyed The Band last night. Amazing price for the ticket!:j

Have a good, un-icey weekend Cumbria. :)
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your dad Cumbria. If they've caught it early then he could live a very long time. If they catch it late, well DH's brother was diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer over a year ago and he's responded very well to treatment. I hope all goes well for him.

I'm sorry about your family friend too and hope he still finds he has a good quality of life even with the dialysis.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • System
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your dad Cumbria. If they've caught it early then he could live a very long time. If they catch it late, well DH's brother was diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer over a year ago and he's responded very well to treatment. I hope all goes well for him.

I'm sorry about your family friend too and hope he still finds he has a good quality of life even with the dialysis.

Thank you HH , it's encouraging to hear about your brother in law , I remember now he was diagnosed late.
  • System
    Options
    Great to hear your dad has a date fixed.

So pleased you enjoyed The Band last night. Amazing price for the ticket!:j

Have a good, un-icey weekend Cumbria. :)

As we live in the city where the theatre is, you can register for the £10 tickets. You have to have a city postcode to be registered. The tickets are usually short notice and up in the gods for popular shows. However we have had tickets in the stall for many shows. It's a great idea and they sell all the tickets. It's only a 10 minute drive away so it's a win win thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure