IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ZZPS Debt Collection Notice

Options

Comments

• Aberdeen89
    Options
    Yes this is in Scotland.

I am drafting a letter to the local MP to see if they can help.
  • Aberdeen89
    Options
    I have received a text message to contact ZZPS - not sure how they got my number as this is the first they've tried to contact me by phone.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Aberdeen89 wrote: »
    I have received a text message to contact ZZPS - not sure how they got my number as this is the first they've tried to contact me by phone.

If you gave it to the DVLA then it will have been passed on. Block their number.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Just block them, you don't want to be dealing
    with scammers who are powerless to do anything.

IGNORE ZZPS .... TOTAL TIMEWASTERS
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    waamo wrote: »
    If you gave it to the DVLA then it will have been passed on. Block their number.

Very dodgy for the DVLA to pass on data like this without permission
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes this is in Scotland.

Have you read the Newbies Sticky yet? - What to do is fully explained in Post Four there!
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Yes this is in Scotland.

Well that's taken a week to provide a very simple answer to a very simple (yet vitally important) question.

The advice therefore is even more simple - provided the driver has not been identified to the PPC or the debt collector, the registered keeper is virtually bombproof in Scotland and you can ignore any drivel from debt collectors and the PPC - unless they issue a Sheriff Court Claim - and we've never seen CEL try that in Scotland, nor many other PPCs unless there are huge amounts at stake - think Carly Mackie at £24k's worth of tickets. Come back if you get court papers, but we don't expect to see you again on that score.

By all means press on via your MP (and MSP?) - but no identifying the driver even to them, because they will often write to the PPC with a copy of your letter attached!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    The DVLA don't give out phone numbers, the scumbags probably found it on your Social Media.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Aberdeen89
    Aberdeen89 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    I have just received a letter from QDR solicitors, who have been instructed by ZZPS, who are acting on behalf of CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LTD to recover payment of £212. Failure to pay may result in recommendation to ZZPS that the matter is passed to Litigation Partner Yuill and Kyle Solicitors who may obtain a Decree again me. This is followed by a list of how it affects my credit rating ect.

Also in the letter is a case from 6th September 2017 called 'the three claims' where the sheriff, Lorna A Drummond QC, found the claimant in favour.

I decided to just ignore ZZPS but I am getting really worried.

I've been told not to make contact but these letters are not going away and i'm becoming more and more anxious. If the fine was less, i'd probably opt to paying it just to put an end to it all. But, I'm a nursing student and £211 is a lot of money for me.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You have been directed to the section here on how to deal with debt collectors

You ignore them

They do keep on sending out letters to persuade/ frighten you into paying

But they are to be ignored!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills