Santas challenge 2017

Options

Comments

• chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Love the photo.

Katie am pleased you got something from RAC.

Card factory have started to get their Xmas stock in. I picked up my 2020 wall calendar, diary and some money wallets. The stock in Card Factory sells quickly eg the gift bags, so I’m going to stock up early.

This led me to identify a gap in my Xmas prep. My Xmas sundries (money wallets, gift bags, sellotape etc) are kept with the Xmas decorations, but we don’t decorate until the middle of December, so I don’t Know how much I have/need until I open the box (this is how I know that Card Factory run out).
    After Xmas, I am going to do an inventory for the following year so I can keep on top of this. I will of course, reuse any packaging or gift bags I get.
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    katiehound i'm pleased that u managed to get something from the RAC.
    The photo is great!

Well I managed to deliver 5/7 shoeboxes yesterday. Oh my word it was a big house with a huge drive that would be a nightmare for cars in the winter and a nightmare for getting a wheelchair back up in general. Fortunately the neighbours were out, I couldn't see the numbers on the houses, they directed me to the house and were brilliantly helpful taking the boxes down to the house. Just as I was about to leave there was a tap on my car window, the householder had come out to say thank u.
    Have got a drop off point closer to home so when last box is done and I have a meeting in that area I will drop the final 2 off. Here's hoping for no steep drives or DD will be back to doing the drop offs next year!!!

Chanie regarding the card factory I remember going into the shop a couple of years back for a bottle bag. They had flown out and no stock left so definitely worth stocking up. I try and pick up cards and paper in the sale from there, won't need paper have loads but will need to get stocks of personal cards up after this Christmas.

Planning on getting another parcel sent next week with some charity bits in and keep plodding on with wrapping if I am in the mood!
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • chanie
    Options
    Now that the shops are getting their Xmas food in, I'm going to start planning Xmas dinner and buying items to put away for Xmas. I feel another list coming on.....

I need to finalise my Link Boxes and contact my local drop off point. I think I only need to get hats and gloves etc for them.
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    Chanie now u have mentioned it i could just eat a Christmas dinner:D
    Haven't a clue what we are doing Christmas day, DM is refusing to talk about it. Will order a smaller turkey and beef from the farm shop as normal and see what happens. We may not have a living room (decorating the hall first) but I've got a table and chairs at least!

Still haven't completed my final link to hope box. I was doing so well with them but this one, I've just got to seal and wrap it but I've just left it.
    Have been wrapping Christmas presents and have finally sorted DD. She has given out present ideas this year which has made everyone's lives much easier! Things have been much better aswell to store items since all of those birthday presents went out, it has literally been a wrap and stash. It's nice to have the space. Also a clear out of my presents box for my charity box and a tidy up of the spare room has made a big difference.

Feel that organised that I actually picked up some totes bedsocks in H.Bargains (only 1.60) ready for Christmas 2020:A......it won't last:rotfl::rotfl:
  • chanie
    Options
    I invited my Mum and her partner for Xmas dinner and they have accepted!!!! Normally, we see them on Boxing Day, but I thought it may be nice to do something a bit different this year. This means the pressure is on, food wise. I'm quite looking forward to it actually, as it means I can push the boat out a bit more food wise - the children don't really eat the trimmings, so I don't bother with them, as they go to waste. Now, I have a couple more adults to feed, I can.
  • chanie
    Options
    I have decided to do a mini stocking each for my Mum and her partner as they will be coming to us for Xmas dinner. I have quite a few generic gifts in my stash (e.g. socks, handcream, candles) that I can put in the stockings, so its not going to cost a lot of money to finish them off.

I contacted my Link to Hope area contact and she would like me to deliver them at the end of October, so I have a couple of weeks to finish them off.

This week, I'm going to SIL her PJ's from M&S, as I believe they are about to start issuing their Xmas receipts - in the event that she doesn't like them, I can return them and get a full refund.
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    Sounds like u are going to have an extra special Christmas Chanie and I think the stockings are a lovely touch. Just makes everything magical

I have done nothing really christmassy this week except for wrap DD presents (she is nearly finished now).

The hall is being sorted out ready for decorating. This week has seen extreme decluttering, a new stair lift and carpet which were badly needed (if extremely tiring). Feel better and the house easier to manage now with more sorting out and more decorating being done
    The carpet man was saying that he is going into extra busy season as everyone wants new carpets before Christmas.

My poor last link to hope shoebox has still had no attention from me. Planning on finishing it off this weekend. Won't take long once I get my head round it. Need to contact the local coordinator to me.

Have popped a couple of food items away for Christmas but will be really hidden before DD comes home! Have also got my Halloween sweets ready. They're safe in my company as I'm not a sweet person........chocolate is a different matter :)

I've a couple of birthdays this month, one will need sending with a letter. Have dug the presents out, just need to get wrapping with those.
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    Finally sealed up my final link to hope shoebox last night. Still need to wrap it.
    Popped in some soap samples I had which just filled the little gaps. Forgot to take a small bag up with me to pack some t-lights to lay flat on top. I had bought some from h. bargains and was going to split the pack but just didn't have the energy in the end. As they were tightly packed and flat I just put the whole package in so someone is going to have 18 Strawberry cheesecake t-lights in their box. Had to check that I had put a t-light holder in. I had to go a bit extra on the brown tape to get the box shut!
    DD and I are going to deliver the final 2 over half term. Will be relieved as that final box was getting the better of me and worried I wouldn't have the time to give it as the hall is getting decorated next week
  • Anglea
    Anglea Posts: 7,204 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 19 October 2019 at 3:29PM
    Options
    Hi everyone, I've caught up with pages of messages on this thread.

Seems the last time I posted was after Summer Solstice and pirate pubs. Since then I've been to a lovely garden party, the art club member I've mentioned in previous years who has neighbours who train and birds and animals for films. There was a sparrowhawk in the garden. Quite unnerving screaming noises coming from it.

I had a recent visit to pirate pubs in October in torrential rain after a medical appointment. It was a bit of a strange day because I had 'words' with my friend, probably not good timing yet what is a good time?

I cancelled the visits from the male friends due in the summer, I had been really stressed over several matters and they are now coming next year. I've invited the one I used to know from MSE for Wassail in January.

Strange coincidence, I was worried about one of my sons as he was in Japan right about the time of the typhoon and he had been awol (now in contact thank goodness) and of all things, the friend I do everything with has been on her second ever holiday abroad to Kenya and got hit by a monsoon, hotel bedroom ceiling leaking, wading through water, is now having to sleep in a straw hut.

I've been awol here as she was seriously ill very recently and I had to stay with her, heaven knows how she managed to go on the trip, she's ill now but with a very bad cough and chest as it's so damp and keeps raining.

She's the one that goes all the Christmas food shopping for us and keeps it in her spare freezers, she's not back for another 2 weeks and my freezer is full.
  • chanie
    Options
    I sorted through my link boxes and I just need to buy the hats and confectionery, which I will buy this week. I had to wait until the children were out to finish them off as some of the items I’ve put in the boxes belonged to my children (they haven’t missed the small toys).

OHs siblings are doing Secret Santa for Xmas, so I only have to buy 1 present, instead of 3. I told one of them that I had already bought a present for one sibling so asked if I could have them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure