Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Snowedunder
    • By Snowedunder 14th Sep 19, 5:10 PM
    • 193Posts
    • 43Thanks
    Snowedunder
    Log on details just becoming silly!!!
    • 14th Sep 19, 5:10 PM
    Log on details just becoming silly!!! 14th Sep 19 at 5:10 PM
    OK, so, whilst not a techie have been a basically able computer user, and during my many years have had a few online accounts, including banking.

During a recent revamp of finances I decided to set up a Direct Debit for HSBC Credit Card - previously I had had problems because they kept locking my account and telephone access because I kept putting in the wrong info, so went to a branch and got the whole thing set up again, with a family member whom I trust, confirming everything. Got home and tried to get on - you guess it - locked out again for incorrect information. Wrote to them only way left to communicate and got a shirty letter telling me I MUST have got it wrong and they could no longer help! So have no Direct Debit and have to pay by standing order which I thought I had set up with Santandar.

So, checking payment to HSBC had gone out on 2nd on this month, and finding it had not, sent a money transfer which, of course, arrived a day late on the 3rd and now my Statement of the 10th of the month from HSBC shows 'payment 3rd September' and all is ok, but at the bottom of the statement YOU HAVE MISSED A MINIMUM PAYMENT. but of course cannot get into HSBC in any way to sort this out.

Decided to once more set up a Standing Order with Santander, carefully putting in all information, after 3 attempts locked Out of Santander. Had to reset password, and try again - twice, locked out again so not tried a third time.

My moan is that they all call different numbers by differing names, I do not know that my Santander Pin Number is, on some forms called a Security Code, etc. etc. and on and on with my customer number which is called by some other name as well.

Does anyone else find HSBC and Santander confusing, or is it me, and should I just excuse myself from life as I cannot keep up, and cannot telephone or even send an e-mail without remembering numbers, which are sometimes codes, or Accounts reference, or pin numbers of security codes, access info and it goes on.

As a by the way for all this security nonsense, in a Post Office Queue earlier, two youngsters were purchasing Euro Money Cards - I now know their dates of birth, post codes and e mail addresses, where they are going and when - all information they had to give over the counter!!!
Page 2
    • Sobraon
    • By Sobraon 18th Sep 19, 3:47 PM
    • 314 Posts
    • 173 Thanks
    Sobraon
    Yes and today I have had to set up an additional 7 digit pass code for one of my accounts in addition to the username, password and 5 digit pin number because of recent changes in security requirements (FINECO in case you are wondering).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,854Posts Today

6,496Users online

Martin's Twitter