Setting up Sky Q to receive Ultra HD

Options
Have a new LG 55 UK 6500 PLA TV and have set it up to spec 2160A and boxes ticked BUT the ULTRA picture is no different to regular HD.
Can anyone help me please ?
Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Are you using a UHD channel? It won't make all channels UHD automatically, you do have the £12(now £13) Sky Q Experience package to enable it I'm presuming?
  • Omega_1
    Omega_1 Posts: 233 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry, should have mentioned I have Sky Q and believe I have set it all up but surprised no difference between HD and UHD picture quality.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Omega_1 wrote: »
    Sorry, should have mentioned I have Sky Q and believe I have set it all up but surprised no difference between HD and UHD picture quality.

That doesn't answer either of my questions?
  • Omega_1
    Omega_1 Posts: 233 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes am connecting to UHD channels when noticing no difference in picture. Approached Sky tech and went through settings which were right but they couldn't explain it. Thought someone on this site could suggest a solution as frustrated to get a new TV especially to receive uhd quality.
  • Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't know if this link will help you at all but a user who bought from Amazon said the hdmi ports maybe faulty.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-55UK6500PLA-55-Inch-Smart-Freeview/product-reviews/B07BHS4R61/ref=cm_cr_getr_d_paging_btm_prev_2?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews&pageNumber=2
  • Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Options
    A bit more digging for you but as you have said that you have ticked all the boxes then thin may not work for you.
    As you see the 1st reviewer mentions that HDR is not automatic and has to be set 'HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour' to work.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-55UK6500PLA-55-Inch-Smart-Freeview/product-reviews/B07BHS4R61
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Options
    1. You can't get UHD without the "Sky Q experience"IE pay for at least one mini box

2. Sky don't support HDR currently on UHD

I've looked at a footy match in UHD on Sky Q and then in HD - couldn't see any difference at "normal" viewing distances on a 55" set.:)
  • Froglet
    Froglet Posts: 2,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm interested in these comments because I too am wondering if Sky Q is really worth the money.We have an Ultra HD television and the picture is superb,with normal Sky HD.Apart from the fact you can record more channels at a time,and have a higher storage capacity I would love to know just how many channels are now UHD and how many people have noticed a big difference.We don't need Sky multiroom,there's just the 2 of us and we just watch Sky on our big telly.

Thanks for any comments.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    There are currently NO UHD channels.

The (very limited) UHD material is only available via the decoder's internet connection..
  • wild666
    wild666 Posts: 2,117 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    IMHO there is little difference between non HD and UHD! apart from subscription Channels charging more for a HD channel. The providers just want to rip off customers who want HD or UHD channels.
    Someone please tell me what money is
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport