Green Network Energy Reviews: Add your feedback on the energy supplier

Options

Comments

• PS4
    PS4 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 19 October 2018 at 11:12PM
    Options
    I initiated a switch through the Money Saving Experts (MSE) Collective deal but ran into a problem. I submitted both my gas and electricity readings on the GNE's website on 13 October 2018. The website did not throw up an error message for both the readings, so I assumed all was okay.

Rang them today to chase but they only received the electricity reading. My previous supplier, EDF Energy, also through the previous MSE collective deal mentioned on Monday that they could not finalise and close my account until they received the meter readings from my new supplier.

Had a long discussion with GNE's customer service adviser who informed me that they only have details of the electricity reading and not gas! The adviser wanted me to submit the gas reading to them today. Unless I have "idiot" written across my forehead, I refused to give them today's reading as I know full well that is what will be sent over to EDF Energy and then I will be charged at a higher price from 13 October 2018 until today for gas.

Also, I asked the customer service adviser that if GNE knew I had switched over both my gas and electricity and that, according to GNE, they had only received the meter reading for electricity why no one at GNE queried me for the gas meter reading.

To make matters worse, the GNE customer service adviser couldn't enter the gas meter reading for 13 October 2018, so I asked to speak to a manager. Unfortunately for this individual, all of the managers had promptly left at 6.30pm. What kind of company has its call centre managers leave before the staff? So there was no manager to take my call and to add insult to injury, I was informed that it would take between four and five days for a manager to get back to me. Is this the type of company that MSE is vouching for?

Certainly not impressed by the level of service received! I have emailed MSE's Cheap Energy Club for assistance.
  • PS4
    PS4 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 19 October 2018 at 11:20PM
    Options
    Prilect wrote: »
    About to change over to GNE & would like advise prospective customers that your first Direct Debit will be taken before you have used any energy supplied by them.
    In the same month, you will be paying your old supplier & GNE even though they haven't supplied you any energy yet.
    Very many will find it difficult to pay 2 Direct Debits in one month.
    1st phone call to query this was unanswered after 10 minutes.
    Will advise how the switch over progresses.

Agree, surprised to also see that happen to me. They take the money first before you have even used the fuel! Seems to be more like PAYG rather than Pay After You Use.
  • longshotuk
    Options
    22 Sep, switched over as part of the Big Switch.
    No acknowledgement or contact since then except for conformation from MSE Engergy Club email.

Chased today, told that my address, mpan or mprn didn't exist in national database so switch had been cancelled after 5 days. Switched 3 times in last 4 years. Don't know why they couldn't contact me?

No apology. poor service.
  • ShivasPlace
    Options
    Switched from Octopus December 2017 / January 2018 as they were the cheapest @ £69 / month. Change-over went smooth, no problems.

Upped my direct debit payment to £80 / month in July - which is more than I was paying with Octopus. I am now in credit - which, to be fair, you'd expect coming into winter.

I've come to look at switching again but didn't realise it was an 18 month contract when I joined. I usually catch these things but somehow missed this!

Feel a little conned on the above, but ultimately my fault. Also annoyed that my Cheap Energy Club account still thinks I am paying £69 / month so can't easily compare against other suppliers as I can find no way to update the monthly payment amount.

Green Network Energy web UI isn't great and wish I had never switched from Octopus.
  • Local_Citizen
    Options
    This has been a disaster, and nothing has been resolved since I first complained on 12 October. The issue is simple. I applied for the MSE Energy Club dual tariff but only Electricity was switched and not gas. My then existing supplier confirmed that they had only been asked to switch electricity and not gas. The response from Green Network Energy has been zero. But I'm afraid the MSE Energy Club has also not solved the issues. The last email arrived six days ago.

This is the response I sent today, having heard nothing:

Thank you for your latest email that was sent six days ago. I decided to buy the MSE product with Green Network Energy because of the promise that if there were issues MSE were able to sort them out quickly.

This is clearly not the case and this has been a disaster as I now have the complication of two energy suppliers and not on a cheaper dual tariff.

In the nicest possible way, if MSE Energy Club are going to make money from setting up these partnerships, I would expect a prompt service. After all, the issue is simple for GNE. Why when I applied for a dual tarriff, and they sent confirmation that it was a dual account (and the MSE product was only available as a dual tariff) did they not do the switch properly and how is this going to be solved?

With best wishes.
  • ButtersUK
    ButtersUK Posts: 111 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry to see there have been problems.

But I'm now, what called be called, a reasonably established user of GNE and have to say there have been no problems at all. They have reduced - not increased - my monthly payments ... presumably due to my usage patterns ... but, of course they may well go up in time if my demand changes.

The payments have been taken on time, every time, and whenever I upload a meter reading it gets acknowledged and appears on my account in due time.

I haven't needed to contact them for ages so can't comment on recent interactions but whenever I wanted to speak to them in earlier times they were fine.

Obviously satisfied customers won't be going online to complain and rarely bother to say how good things had been ... it's far more likely that those with a complaint will come on to a forum to let others know how bad things were for them. But twas ever thus.
  • Keepitfactual
    Options
    Anyone able to PM me a refer-a-friend link for Green Network Energy? Many thanks.
  • Louatkinson
    Options
    Thinking of moving to green energy via the cheap energy club. Can anyone tell me if they take DD payments in advance? Also do they take higher payments in winter months and if not at what point do they review the DD amounts if at all after you have joined them. I’m just trying to work out my budget for the next few months. Thank you
  • Louatkinson
    Options
    Just seen PS4s post back in October so I know the answer to my first question. If anyone knows whether they collect higher payments on winter or when they review the DD payment that would be helpful. Many thanks
  • Green_Network_Energy
    Green_Network_Energy Posts: 28 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just seen PS4s post back in October so I know the answer to my first question. If anyone knows whether they collect higher payments on winter or when they review the DD payment that would be helpful. Many thanks

Hi Louatkinson,

As you have seen in PS4's post, we do ask you to pay in advance for your energy because we buy the energy in advance to give you the best available price. To offer you a fixed price for a year or longer, we buy or secure the majority of the energy you will need for the length of your contract in advance before you have used it.

With regards to your Direct Debit, we charge you an equal amount each month based on how much you say you use when applying for a quote. This means that over the full contract, in some months you will use more energy than you have paid for and in other months you will use less; therefore, this should balance out over the contract term.

Kind regards,
    Jon - GNE Customer Care Team
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Green Network Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback