MSE News: Major shake-up of Tesco Clubcard rewards scheme

Options

Comments

• Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just spoke to them on the Freephone number and the lady said it should go back to 3x in June.

I will probably pay cash for train travel in the meantime. Not wasting my vouchers for 2 x when I can get 3 x in June.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,868 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    Also be aware that 57 reward partners are leaving the scheme.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/tesco-wipes-57-partners-clubcard-11862308
    I wonder if Tesco are changing what they pay to them so have decided not to renew rather than been dumped. Speaking to one of the management at a local animal park recently talking about another local attraction that has pulled out from the end of year citing inflexibility forced on them. They said they get £4 from Tesco for a £10 days out voucher. They are quite happy to keep with the scheme as actual costs per visitor are low and they hopefully will get an income boost from the shop & restaurant. It is a relatively small stand alone concern within a larger organisation so probably anything is better than nothing.
  • hoc
    hoc Posts: 557 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I am another annoyed at the Red Spotted Hanky going back to 2x until June. I wish I had converted some while they were at 3x briefly. Thanks Martin Lewis (not!) for you campaign.

If I convert part of my voucher, what is the validity date for the remainder? Suppose I have a £5 voucher expiring next month. If I convert £2.50 of it to a reward, what happens with the remaining £2.50? I have over £50 vouchers expiring before June and I would like to use for train vouchers at 3x once they change it.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hoc wrote: »
    If I convert part of my voucher, what is the validity date for the remainder? Suppose I have a £5 voucher expiring next month. If I convert £2.50 of it to a reward, what happens with the remaining £2.50? I have over £50 vouchers expiring before June and I would like to use for train vouchers at 3x once they change it.

At one time they would convert the old vouchers into new ones if they were about to expire if you phoned. Guess they no longer do this? Perhaps it is worth asking.

They downgraded vouchers for Stena from x4 to x3 a few years ago- but they are still worth having 'though I don't shop there as often as I used to now we have an Aldi.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • johncas1
    johncas1 Posts: 172 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I use my vouchers for Avios still get a return flight for 2 every year the ones that was 2x value are now 3x value so better
  • Bill_Payer9002
    Options
    I'm another who is affected by interference, was jumping for joy with RSH increase, now postponed cheers for nothing!
  • Zork
    Zork Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I cashed in £12 on 15th January and got £36 in Chef and Brewer Vouchers instead of the usual £48. Following this sites' advice I have just given Tesco a call on 0800 505 555. I was given an extra £20 in C & B vouchers to cover my loss and a couple of quid for my time.

Zork
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    If you have cause to ring the Clubcard helpline within the next few weeks, fingers crossed you don't get a Scottish accent.
    Why, the Cardiff CSC is closing on Feb 16th, I suspect those there may be a bit more generous, than Dundee!
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • Norwooder
    Options
    no1catman wrote: »
    used one for Sainsbury (£3.00 off £30.00)
    I seem to have stopped getting these in the post... Last set was probably November if not earlier.

Has anyone had a book of Sainsbury's money off vouchers since the start of 2018?
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,835 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Norwooder wrote: »
    Has anyone had a book of Sainsbury's money off vouchers since the start of 2018?

Yes, two - one following on immediately from the other - following quite a large gap.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure