edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Food Shopping & Groceries
54 replies 13.4K views

Replies

• Callie22Callie22 Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    p00hsticks wrote: »
    Yes, two - one following on immediately from the other - following quite a large gap.

None here. I had loads of Nectar points vouchers in the run up to Christmas but I don't think I've had a money off voucher since September-ish.
  • NorwooderNorwooder Forumite
    35 Posts
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts
    None here. I had loads of Nectar points vouchers in the run up to Christmas but I don't think I've had a money off voucher since September-ish.
    Going to give it a few more weeks, but if nothing comes through I will seriously consider switching to Tesco, for a time.
  • Callie22Callie22 Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Norwooder wrote: »
    Going to give it a few more weeks, but if nothing comes through I will seriously consider switching to Tesco, for a time.

I always thought that you tended to get more vouchers if you visited a supermarket less, but I've been using Sainsbury's less and less recently (my local one is awkward to get to) and getting fewer and fewer vouchers - there seems to be fewer till-spits too. I got quite a lot of pretty generous money off vouchers from Waitrose in the run up to Christmas after not using them for a while, but Sainsbury's seems to be a law unto itself since they fiddled about with the Nectar points.
  • reduxredux Forumite
    22.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any news yet on when MSE's victory will end, and the proposed increase from double to triple points on various offers can happen at last?
  • moleratmolerat Forumite
    25.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes little difference to me. Too many venues seem to have ditched / been ditched. The closest days out is now 150 miles. One restaurant at 40 miles, 4 restaurants 75 miles. Looks like I will be spending my vouchers in store, not impressed.
  • petunia100petunia100 Forumite
    513 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    After talking to Tesco at length, they have not allowed 4 x to continue until June the 10th for RAC. They changed it in January and have kept it at 3 x. I assumed they were delaying to 10th June on all partners. I am now down by £40 on this deal.
  • bodaciousbodacious Forumite
    450 Posts
    I stopped using Tesco, and consequently their clubcard scheme, some while ago.

This fiasco is just one more nail in Tesco's coffin I guess.
  • TwopintsTwopints Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    bodacious wrote: »
    I stopped using Tesco, and consequently their clubcard scheme, some while ago.

This fiasco is just one more nail in Tesco's coffin I guess.

Yep, only £1.64bn of profit, an increase of 28%....

Tesco - another nail in the coffin
    Not even wrong
  • moleratmolerat Forumite
    25.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just binned a £10 Days Out voucher as there was no way to use it. :mad:
  • gropinginthedarkgropinginthedark Forumite
    112 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    I know the points expire but I've been somewhat distracted with a bit of cancer treatment over recent months. I came to look at my stash of clubcard vouchers today and found £14 worth were expired - that represents £1400 spend in their store - so they begrudge me even that miserable 1% incentive!

Loyalty is a two way street, where's Tesco's loyalty to its customers? Compare with Sainsbury (Nectar) which never expire... Or my free newspaper at Waitrose (despite their generally higher prices) is a more valuable incentive.

Anyway I now have a repeating Google calendar entry at the start of the expiry months to check and spend expiring vouchers so at least they're not going to catch me that way again - but doubtless they'll come up with more rip-offs like the recent "devaluation". Time to move on I think.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Best student bank accounts 2021/22

Incl. free 0% overdrafts and railcards

MSE Guide

Next 50% off sale rumour

Here's what we've found...

MSE Deals