Milann's life keeps getting in the way.......

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,286 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    My ankle still isn't right almost a year after the break. Unfortunately as you get older it takes longer to recover, I doubt it will ever be 100% again. And I was more active than the average person which is annoying.

Hopefully your leg will be a lot better soon.

Glad you had a couple of nice meals out :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,586 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What happened to your ankle SA - was it a break.

I'm being very spoilt a friend I used to work with came around and took me out yesterday - only a cheap and cheerful Wetherspoons meal but it was lovely....I thought I'd made a good Slimming World choice - jacket potato with tuna and salad but when i checked it when i got home 15 1/2 syns - id have been better having gammon and chips.........just shows all the hidden fats in the mayo!!!

A good couple of days with low or no spends. Got my statement for my cc - just need to wait for payday to do a bit of calcuating to see what I can get it down to when i make a payment.

I had a letter from my GP to go and discuss recent BP readings - I suspect he'll want to put me on meds as he's mentioned it before - I'll see how long I can resist - don't know why but i'm reluctant to go down that road..........
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Will leave it to SA to tell you the dire & long saga about her ankle :(

Hope Dr goes well.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    Options
    Went to gym yesterday and I'm able to put my membership on hold with no cost - backdated to when I went into hospital so I was really pleased about that.
    Met a friend today in local town and had afternoon tea - it was lovely. It's in an Art Deco restaurant in an old theatre which has been fully restored and relies on a lot of volunteers so it's very reasonable for what you get as there is only a skeleton staff. It's been used in lots of tv shows set in that era.
    Not very MSE though as I got a taxi, paid for my food and then went and bought a fold up rucksack which I can keep in my handbag but bring out and carry bits in it as I need my hands free for crutches. But had a lovely day - am worn out now though.....
    January spends - £587.58
  • milann
    Options
    Just made a cc payment - I'm down to £749.........and that's :beer::beer::beer::beer:EVERYTHING:beer::beer:

So freezer challenge and as many NSD as I can manage for the next couple of weeks - it'll be tight but I might be debt free in a months time..........can't quite believe it
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Options
    Huraah :j:j:j:j:j :T:T:T:T:T :j:j:j:j:j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Options
    & believe, believe, believe :grin:

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,286 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Fab news on the debt front :)

The ankle story is - Mr SA ran me over with his mobility scooter and basically totally trashed it. Inner and outer bones broken, dislocation and almost open fracture. Now held together with plates and screws. :(
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • milann
    Options
    Sun Addict - ouch ouch ouch.......sounds really painful. Do you have a diary - I've seen your name on various threads but never noticed a diary.

Well - so much for being smug about being debt free next month.....boiler is kaput and just waiting for the reapair man to come so I can have the pleasure of parting with £260.......might have to wait an extra month before I'm debt free - life in the way of my plans again....but got to have heating.

The community physio came this morning to see how I'm managing at home.....I've been home nearly 5 weeks so it's just as well I'm doing ok and not needing help. But she was lovely and had a student with her so was very thorough......says how well I'm doing and am lucky to be walking as well as I am. I'd expected to have to go to an outpatient clinic next time but she is coming here again next week.

I've had a productive few days decluttering 2 bedrooms - I'd intending tackling my wardrobes today but have had a bit of a lazy one - I'll tackle it tomorrow......will take me a few days doing a bit then resting and next week will tackle my kitchen.......this might take me till Christmas:eek::eek::eek::eek:
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Options
    SA does indeed have a diary :)

Boo to the boiler :mad:

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback