Extending our house without extending ourselves beyond our means

Options

Comments

• PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Managed another 5k yesterday and I can tell I was off work as I had my highest level of activity in Fitbit since I've had the thing and managed 7/5 target days of exercise :A

Another good day today, food from stores (no dinner needed due to activities and us all passing like ships in the night) smalls had hm pizza with dough I double batched last time and mozzarella I'd frozen :D made twinks hobnobs as snacks too :D

Took two items back for refund and notified of two others I sent back last week.

DH also doing overtime today to add to the coffers - although he was a day short on his new job this week. So will likely just balance out. Anything extra will be good.

I can see in my banking I'm due £35 dividends on Monday too :T I also managed to sell my old bike through book of face so no fees and sold a small order for my little biz. All profits to the coffers :T

Bought raspberries and other fruit from the market at exceptionally good prices, so made jam with one of the raspberry punnets - already had jam sugar in. Send BM again. Need to ask mum of she has any jars so I can make some more, found DH has used several of the ones I saved for decorating purposes :rotfl:
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    busy old day today, but in a good way Got gooseberries and raspberries at PYO this morning with smalls. Probably not the cheapest way to get them but good fun. Quick trip to SM, very small list to go with meal plan. Came home and started making :o:

Homegrown rhubarb in a crumble (froz the rest of crumble mix)
    Rice and beans from Mrs FW blog (used HM chilli jam instead of the chilli paste they used) [made smaller batch - will do 3 lunches]
    Lasagne for tea tomorrow
    Rhubarb syrup from stewed rhubarb
    Hummus
    Roast dinner, using several things from freezer (also added 4 YP to freezer where I btached cooked them)
    raspberry jam

also managed two loads of washing with testing sample and dried outside, changed 1 bed. All in all a good day.

Just been on work e-mails (boo! I work some annoying people :p)

Off to research some raspberry recipes (have one for an apple and raspberry cake somewhere that I remember was lovely) and some updos for smalls for wedding we care going to soon.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi PF
    Have never done pick your own, dont know why as I come from the countryside originally. Glad you had a nice day.

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Evening all, thanks for popping by bob your two would love it I'm sure, especially with your sons love of raspberries. Maybe an idea for a few hours in the school hols? Although raspberries may have ended by then.

Managed to do all of my books for little biz for last tax year bar about 5 entries I need something I've left at work. Once I have that I can then do mine and DH tax returns and our partnership return :T tempted to enter what numbers I have on mine now and see what number it come sup with :p

Just sold another item on fleabay, listed for goodness knows how many times. All helps, can post tomrrow when I'm WFH. A refund came through today too :T
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Wow!! You're on fire!! Fabulous, well done :j :T

Hope being back at work ain't too much of a shock. Can I tempt you into a mid week exercise challenge?? ;) Planning to do a class this evening, otherwise stuffed until Friday due to work commitments and a school thing..

Have a great day PF x
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    brizzledfw wrote: »
    Wow!! You're on fire!! Fabulous, well done :j :T

Hope being back at work ain't too much of a shock. Can I tempt you into a mid week exercise challenge?? ;) Planning to do a class this evening, otherwise stuffed until Friday due to work commitments and a school thing..

Have a great day PF x

You're on. I'd like to do 2 lots between now and Friday if that's possible. I'll keep you posted.
  • hugglemonster
    hugglemonster Posts: 1,244 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Blimey so much going on, good news that the extension is progressing - hope the application doesn't take long to go through and you can start building - and all sounding good with food and exercise.

I used to love going strawberry picking as a kid, eating quite a few along the way!

H x
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I love PYO - unfortunately though our closest one is an hours drive away so we don't go often.
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Planning a class tomorrow..how you doing PF?

x
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Evening all :hello: been away for the weekend, which was bought and paid for a long time ago. To be fair, it's self catering and we take everything with is so very good value considering. we did treatments between us, so I came home after a head message, full on pedicure and paint and a facial - all at no cost to me :D We shared the food and booze that was left over, so all good there too - came home with a few bits. Plus in beautiful scenery and great company, happy memories.

Managed a 4k run and 4k walk whilst I was there Brizzle I *really* should have gone out this morning too - oh well. Better than nowt!

Did half an hours weeding tonight, so garden looking fair again, have some more spuds that are ready to dig up, will do one night this week. Have done this weeks meal plan to include the tub I dug up last week :D Think I have some spring onion seeds (probably OOD :rotfl:) that I'll plan in a now vacant tub.

Spends low this weekend considering, and shopping list for week is small, given fridge, freezer and cupboard contents. So this should all help with my frugal month. following few weeks will be challenging as smalls off school after this week, so will need to make sure I've baked snack etc.. so we're all ok on that front and not tempted to keep popping out. We do have a box of ice pops in freezer already.

Going to go on line in a bit and order DD school books from her reading list from the library, to get ahead. 2 days childcare to resolve, need to e-mail nursery when I have double checked dates tomorrow.

2 reduced presents to wrap for teachers at DD nursery tomorrow (reduced ages ago in present box) need to message lady about potential items for the other nursery :eek: and school teachers, Am keeping them lean and thoughtful :)

Also relisted about 12 items on fleabay and another new one. Few of my BIN ones are ending this week, all have watchers, am hopeful :o

Right, busy week ahead - I'm in the office 4 days which is rubbish, so need to be organised - off to make a list of things I need to make sure I do. Hope you've all had a lovely weekend in the sunshine.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback