Auf Weidhersehen Debt

Options

Comments

• Slytherin
    Slytherin Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    I just wanted to say how much I love the title of your thread!
  • Brookside88
    Brookside88 Posts: 338 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Slytherin wrote: »
    I just wanted to say how much I love the title of your thread!

Haha. Thanks. I thought of it and couldn't believe nobody else had already done it
  • Brookside88
    Options
    Really slow weekend on the survery front. Only 70p today from qmee. I keep getting declined like 10 questions in which is annoying. 4 washloads dried on the line today, I can almost see the bottom of the basket!

Just loaded by shopping basket up on asda, its only coming to £33.80! I've decided to give frozen chicken a go because it was on 2 for a fiver so I've ordered a bag of strips and a bag of chunks. I have a jerk sauce jar, a jalfreizi jar and a hoisin stir fry sauce in the cupboard so that's 3 meals sorted. Also ordered my usual kilo of 5% fat mince to make a batch of bolognese.

I've dropped a b'lock and let my microsoft office subscription renew. They've charged £59.99 to the barclaycard which I had previously cleared. Bit annoyed as the card is expired so I didn't think they'd be able to take it. I'll pay it off when I get paid.

Tyre which i filled last week is nearly flat again already so looks like they'll need doing next week after i'e been paid too and I'll just have to keep filling it until I can get them done. Cheapest I can find is about £70 per tyre :eek: so looking at £280 for all of them, and that's for the rock bottom boggy basics. FML
  • Brookside88
    Options
    What a week!

Car went into the garage on Monday and had alternator and brake pads done, so that was a weight off. it has had new tyres all round today too so car is in tippi top condition for the time being (touch wood)! I managed to get the tyres for £244 quid which is pretty good considering the size of them.

Had some success with surverys after the crap weekend and will be cashing out on the 1st about £30 I think. Qmee has been far more fruitful lately with more 60p ish surveys.

OH's new job is going well. He was late on his second day though!
    6.15 am
    Me: "shouldn't you be getting up?"
    OH: "Guess so" (mooches into bathroom)
    7:30 am
    Me: "Shouldn't you have left by now?"
    OH: "What time is it?"
    Me: "7:30"
    OH: "I'm not in at 8 am i?"
    Me: "...Yes"
    OH: "sh%t"

Apparently I have more than one child in my care!
  • Brookside88
    Options
    Evening!
    I feel like I'm constantly on the go at the moment!
    Doing quite well on the survey front at the moment, Cashed out £14.61 from Qmee and £14.34 from prolific yesterday so just a smidge off my £30 target. I've decided to cash out on he 1st of every month and set a target so this months target is £60 and as of now I've already done £11.94! I am taking toddler to Devon to see the grandparents next week though so won't be able to do much there.

The car fiasco and the fact that I'll need to feed the thirsty car twice this month means I'll only be paying minimums this month which makes me very sad but life is just well and truly getting in the way.

Managed to harvest some of my rhubarb this morning to take into work for people. I have more of it than I know what to do with, it's gone completely bonkers this year!
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,167 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Can you cook and freeze rhubarb on its own ready for use to brighten a tight month? Rhubarb and ginger jam. Rhubarb crumble.

I managed to kill ours, or rather the hens (long since lost to fox) did :rotfl: and the equally 'unkillable' mint was slept on to death by the cats.
  • Brookside88
    Options
    Can you cook and freeze rhubarb on its own ready for use to brighten a tight month? Rhubarb and ginger jam. Rhubarb crumble.

I managed to kill ours, or rather the hens (long since lost to fox) did :rotfl: and the equally 'unkillable' mint was slept on to death by the cats.

Slept on to death! :rotfl: love it!

I might stew up some rhubarb to use on my overnight oats
  • Brookside88
    Options
    Wowsers I haven't posted for ages!

Looks like spring has finally sprung! I went away to north devon last week with toddler to see my dad and stepmum, had a lovely time but committed the cardinal sin of using a credit card! whoopsies! Oh well, I didn't spend a lot but didn't want to not contribute to meals out etc. Credit card now safely stashed away in the drawer at home never to see daylight again.

The surverys/studies are going well. £46 so far out of my £60 target so I'm revising it to £70 but I still think I could beat that. I've re-worked my snowball sheet to pay around £600 pcm so we'll see how that goes, I'm feeling positive about it.

There are so many things I want to do around the house and having to wait is killing me but the joint account really needs to be out of the red.

Toddler is 2 at the start of June, I can't believe where 2 years has gone! We're going to have a BBQ in the garden (great british weather permitting!)

OH's job is going well, he seems to be enjoying it. He's asked about childcare vouchers but has to wait until he's been there a month and they've got him up and running in all the systems.
  • Brookside88
    Options
    Oopsies, I really need to be more consistent with this because it does help.

Had a bit of a crappy month money wise, lots of things breaking and unexpected expenses. The tumble dryer has packed up, phoned indesit and found out it's a month out of warranty (of course!) so that's costing £105 to repair. He came on Wednesday but the fault with it is so rare (just my luck) that they don't keep the part on the van so he's coming back on Monday. Typically, it has been hot but wet since it broke so I can't put the heating on or hang washing out so when it's finally fixed I'll have about 200kg of washing to get through. Today I'm wearing jeans which i'm not sure i even knew existed!

The surverys went well this month - cashed out £29.89 from Qmee and £43.57 from Prolific so i beat my £70 target! Will aim for the same again this month.

Toddler is 2 next Friday! Argh! I managed to pick up 3 trays of jerk chicken thighs from the bargain shelf in Asda for £1.76 each which are in the freezer. Hoping the weather will be decent!

Nursery lost his "stinky mus" comforter last week. Got home on Tuesday and when I went to put him to bed his mus wasn't in his bag. He cried for 2 hours before finally giving up and going to sleep. At that point I just thought it was at nursery so I wasn't worried but when we went in the next day they said it wasn't there! (I beg your pardon?!). I was 100% sure it had to be there as his bag was securely zipped when we left nursery and it wasn't there when I opened it later on. Anyway, they put a notice out to the parents to check bags but 3 days later it still hadn't been found :( on Tuesday though after we got home from nursery they rang and said that one of the parents had found it on the back seat of their car so I can only assume it went in the wrong bag and the child got it out in the car and chucked it aside. Hurrah for having it back though! I was as upset as him about it because it's the Anthony Nolan one we got for donating his umbilical cord and I wanted to keep it.

OH can't get childcare vouchers as it would take him below living wage which sucks! Hey ho, we'll make it work. He has managed to get 7m sq of tiles for free for the utility room so that's a bonus.

Anyway, enough rambling for today!
  • Brookside88
    Options
    Afternoon!

Really busy week! Toddler was 2 last Friday, I can't fathom where 2 years have gone! We had a BBQ in the garden, the great british weather was kind but not generous and it stayed dry. My mum and I made a hey duggee cake for him which he (and everyone else) loved!

It's been very slow on the money front, I think I was kidding myself a bit when I put together my debt snowball. Regardless I am managing to chip away very slowly and haven't added anything to it this month

I'm finding myself counting down the days until payday so I can make the next payment. It's frustratingly slow.

Only managed 37% of my £60 target for surveys so far this month and i'm halfway through so I really need to up my game with that. Might sit and do a couple of hours on Qmee tonight.

I've switched our home insurance and reduced our payments from £35.77 a month to £10.78. Yippee! Although I asked OH to call and tell L&G we didn't want to renew and he cancelled it instead so we are now uninsured for 2 weeks. *facepalm*. He doesn't drive and I do all the financial stuff so I'm guessing he just doesn't understand how insurance renewals work. Although the silver lining is that we'll get a £25 refund for the rest of this month.

Bye for now!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport