Comments

• Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the chart Chris.
    Well done Vixstar on SOTW :T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T
  • LilTerryWhite
    Options
    It's kind of too late but I want to join you guys. My plan is to lose 10 pounds in 1month.
    Start date 6.03.18. (weight - 165 pounds).
    My plan for today:
    Breakfast - cereals
    Lunch - Chicken salad
    Dinner - Protein cocktail and salad
    Snacks - apple, protein bar, natural yogurt.
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Never too late to join in Terry, welcome to the thread :)

sw_6-8.jpg
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Never too late Terry! Are you following Slimming World?

Thanks for the chart Chris and well done Vix!

Went a bit off plan last night when I remembered about a chunk of coconut ice in the freezer and my sweet tooth got the better of me :o Three days to pull it round before getting weighed again...

I made some burgers yesterday from an old recipe I remembered making in school over 20 years ago. Containing mince, red onion, garlic, baked beans and (1.5 syns) cheese. They worked in the sense that they didn't fall apart, but were a tad bland, probably should have put a few herbs or something in (I didn't season the mixture at all) ... any tips please?

Bubbs I've only made lollies once and diluted to my normal taste, however when frozen all the juice had sunk to the bottom and the top was just ice. I might try it with fresh orange juice one day, I know technically it shuld be synned but I wouldn't.

Plan for today:
    B - Yog and granola
    D - Burger (1.5), chips* and salad (grated carrot, cucumber, cherry toms)
    T - Carbonara (bacon, onion, mushrooms, egg, FF fromage frais)
    HEA - Milk
    HEB - Granola
    Syns - Burger (1.5), coconut oil (2), sugar in coffee (4), hot choc (2) = 9.5

My menus are going to be a bit strange and samey this week as I try to use up anything fresh before going away for the long weekend.

*I am loving my actifry!! Confession: I use proper oil in cooking and don't syn it. I use way less oil in the actifry than I would making chips or wedges in the oven. It's a SW and MSE win-win!

Right I'm off into the garden to try to tidy it up (again - I keep trying but it's just so hot!)
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Congratulations Vixstar on being our SOTW and thanks to Chrisv for the chart.

I'm having a Green day today as I want 2 HEBs - it's an almost SP day except I really want rice with my curry and not cauliflower rice which never fills me up!

B: 2 Weetabix (HEB1), milk (part HEA); raspberries
    L - 4 Ryvita (HEB2); HM hummus made with Tahini (works out to 2 syns per Tbs but happy to syn this as it's much tastier than the SW version!); with carrot sticks, cucumber sticks & pepper slices
    D - aubergine & green lentil curry & rice - this is a new recipe for me which is adapted from a Jack Monroe recipe (https://www.cookingonabootstrap)

HEA - 350ml skimmed milk
    HEB1 - 2 weetabix
    HEB2 - 4 Dark Rye Ryvita

Syns - tahini in humous, probably 4 syns, glass of red wine 5 syns (that's what's left over from last night so needs using up:rotfl:)

Denise
  • majorica
    majorica Posts: 459 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks Chris for the chart, well done Vixstar for SOTW

Well back from a week away in the sun and I'm totally embarrased to say I am +6 lb this week
    hopefully it is water retention or bloating or something and I can lose it quickly, but probably it is because I ate all the wrong things and it has come back to bite me on the bum. :o
    Never mind it's a new week and I will stick to plan and keep everything crossed.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi terry?:hello:Well done on your weightloss so far:). Are you actually following Slimming World or doing your own thing? What's a protein cocktail??

Are you starting back on plan today ssm? Back on the carrots?:D

I reckon I've got about 50 syns left since Friday's WI. I don't really need many so I can use them at this Afternoon Tea thing on Wednesday. It wouldn't be my choice of using syns but it's friend's leaving do so I have to suck it up (or hopefully not;)). Then I'll have to go to WI a day early on Thursday as I'd rather pay my usual consultant and then I'm out for a meal on Thursday evening. Hopefully I will get at least STS this week so I'm not going backwards. :(

Today DH and I aren't going to be home together for dinner so as I'm eating on my own I plan to treat myself to my favourite egg and chips!:D

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, overnight oats with strawberries and more berries
    L: cold pork with LO fried veg
    D: SW chips, fried eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, asparagus
    Syns: NONE!
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Funnily enough we were originally going to have egg, chips & beans for tonight's dinner but we had DGS staying overnight and he wanted a fry up for breakfast so he and DH had bacon, egg & beans so had to change tonight's dinner. I stuck with weetabix with raspberries for breakfast as planned:A. But that of course meant I needed to change tonight's dinner so I had a hunt on the internet to find something to use up the aubergine I've got hanging around in the fridge! I've only got the one so decided to add a tin of green lentils instead of the other aubergine the recipe calls for. Hope it's good as I can sometimes get aubergines quite cheap (don't think they sell particularly well where I live!).

Enjoy your egg & chips Maman.

Denise
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck everyone for the week ahead :)
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    Been far too busy, little prep done, eaten/eating out. Can only do my best now :( On the plus side, I have finished baking my Christmas cakes:D

Well done on the losses, for the gains, don't worry, think we are all waiting to come off holiday mode (and I have not been yet!)
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure