Dancing in the Rain

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I would turn that round.
    Pay the money off the debt & if you have an emmergency use a CC.
    That is Martin's advice I think.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    How much is in your emergency fund currently?
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Hello Campers

INOD, to answer your question, my emergency savings fund is £400
    Thanks Beanie, something to think about.
    *************************************************************************************************************
    I taught my private class today and it was a great class again. Thoroughly enjoyable. I also got a later train, via a cheaper route and I still got there in time.:D

I spent the rest of the day just thinking and plotting and wasting time in a cafe Ner0 using a ‘free’ coffee card.

I felt a bit ropey today. Something always goes wrong with my body when I am due a few days off so I can’t say I am surprised.

I added up all the private work already offered to me next year and it is equal to one day’s pay so I am back to choosing to go down to 4 days at work again. I know! Back and forward on this one. I know it is getting boring, but this is the place I sort all this stuff out.;)

I am getting older and I have to prioritise. I am running out of life so I need to get a move on in creating the life I want to live. I used to be brave. I will be brave again. I will let my manager know at my next supervision session, so when the next person/people leave, they can advertise my additional day.

A lazy, TV and drinking tea evening for me :)

I hope your week started well reader :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    Options
    Glad that your class went so well :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• doingitanyway
    Options
    Day 2 of a mini 4 day staycation!

I woke up and did some creative work for 2 hours. I have not done this for several months. It felt good.:D

Washing on.
    Reading bits of the weekend papers.

A slow breakfast. Now I am not eating after 5/6 I wake up hungry and enjoy my breakfast so much.

Yesterday after a fruitless search for a black top I tried on an old black top I had stored away from slimmer days. Bingo! It needs a camisole underneath but that will cheaper and easier to come by. So now I have my outfit for serving guests at a charity dinner for my voluntary role. I will be on my feet from 5-11pm but I learn so much from the chefs and sommeliers and I love seeing happy people enjoying good food :)

Today due to my tooth infection I did not push myself as I felt tired and not 100%. Not as bad as a migraine as I could still do things. ;)

I watched a human planet documentary
    I did further creative work
    I had an afternoon nap

The house is still a mess and there are dishes :eek: So much to do but I am strangely okay about that today. I ate leftovers today and tomorrows meal can be leftovers too. I defrosted berries for breakfast as I have some YS yoghurt from a few days back. I am hoping I feel better and more energised and I can have a swim tomorrow.

I hope your day went well reader
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Your day sounds really productive, despite not being 100% The dishes can wait...

I love repurposing/ re-finding old clothes! I've made many a new outfit come together with an old top that i'd packed away :)

Enjoy the rest of your staycation and I hope you're on the mend soon!
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Ouch to the tooth infection. I hope it's better soon for you.

Enjoy your mini break form work.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Happy new hair :)

• thanks for sharring info.....:rotfl:
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    A tough few days here at DIA Towers… Control has been lost, but onwards and upwards.

My debt is now in the 5s, not just scrapping under either. I am at £5,500.

I have got a grip and I will keep on heading for the light

Have a good week everyone

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills