Have you saved money? Want to tell the world?

Options

Comments

• davstarr
    davstarr Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    Saving over £40 a month by making my own lunches and bringing them into work. Dahl is wonderful!!! :)
    :starmod:Davstarr:starmod: :D
  • lsalc00
    Options
    So glad you were on radio today Martin!- literally minutes away from booking train tickets for annual trip home... but saved £70 by using Tesco Clubcard vouchers and Red Spotted Hanky- same price but only "cost" me clubcard vouchers!:T
  • redbull5
    redbull5 Posts: 312 Forumite
    Options
    saving for a house for the future. My total is in my sig. Yupeee
    From England - Live in Edinburgh and work as a bus driver
  • kronenbourg
    kronenbourg Posts: 229 Forumite
    Options
    i have cut lots of things out since march 1st and its surprising how much i have saved , one of the main ones is my lunch , i was spending £2-£3 a day on a meal deal and now i take either soup in a flask (50p) or a homemade sandwich/crisps/drink for less than a £1
    so am saving £10 a week , plus i am saving all my change below £1 , have cut out half my sky tv package

saving fair few quid which is going towards a holiday :j
  • Mike_Sheffield_2
    Options
    davstarr wrote: »
    Saving over £40 a month by making my own lunches and bringing them into work. Dahl is wonderful!!! :)

This is defo the right idea! I've saved loads! Plus discovered that if you buy supermarket own salami and chorizo it's cheaper and in my opinion tastes nicer than the ham!
  • FlightSearch10
    Options
    Thanks for sharing how save money. Better I'll start saving too.
  • Jaycee21
    Jaycee21 Posts: 471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Saved over £80 on my car insurance just by going on MS comparision site and phoning up my origianl company. Found out they are "sister" companies and they honoured the online quote over the phone!

That makes mpre money in the visit daughter and grandson pot :D

Only joined the site last week and I'm already saving (Birds Eye Rice for tea )
    [FONT=&quot]"Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?" - Lucy Maud Montgomery :hello:[/FONT]
    :T:jThank you to all the competition posters, you are all brilliant! :j:T
  • kronenbourg
    kronenbourg Posts: 229 Forumite
    Options
    saving at least £2 a day ( which i put into a pot ) i would have a sandwich meal deal every day and now i take soup in and a bottle of squash from home
  • FelishaWoodson
    Options
    I'm saving money for a car. I'll probably buy it this December.Wish me all the luck. :D
    Late in the room:beer:
  • jadesarah1
    jadesarah1 Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    Firstly i love this site, My Mum thinks that Martin is my god (now ive saved so much money she is interested and set me on saving her money too.

Yesterday i dedicated a couple of hours to sorting out a decent price for my car insurance. I'm 23, female and 6 years no claims so i was quite impressived with renewal quote of £239. But decided to check around. Did a couple of comparison site quotes. Got a good price of £190 - saving £49. Then went through quidco - cash back £68. So if cash back is paid its a saving of £117 compared to renewal. 12 months insurance for £122 :j i was literally jumping up and down, my friends are so jealous.

And it took less than an hour, if i wasn't my own boss i'd be telling my boss my time is worth £120 per hour :rotfl:
    wow i am jealous, who was your insurer?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport