Missy's spend £10 a week on groceries get the house sorted & hit this debt hard diary

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hope you manage to get through the day ok.

I've heard that bananas and water help :)
  • missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hey guys. Thanks for the well wishes. Ran from school to car park and drove at break neck speed to work. Crazy! Not sure I can keep this up or find another solution?!

I did go to bed early I guess but I've been averaging 5 hours sleep and have to go to bed to early sometimes to make up the deficit!

Need to do a workout tonight. Then see about getting organised. Small ones got to school on time, with washed and ironed pe kit. With teeth and hair brushed and no shouting. But I have nothing prepared for dinner at all and May is so so tired and we won't be back from after school club until 5.50 and she'll need to be in bed by 6.30 latest as we've got another late night tomorrow night with Roo starting Beavers. Ahhhh there's so much to do!

And breathe, I have coffee and biscuits. Work is freezing though!
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Ok question lovely people! I have a slow cooker and just trying to think about getting organised with meals. In out of the house for ten hours, is that too long for my slow cooker to be on. I guess it is. I wonder if I should set a timer thingy....
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,149 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I was averaging under 4 hours at one point. But I find I can't 'catch up' on sleep. And the stress of not sleeping was making things worse. However, a reasonable routine (starting to wind down around 9pm, getting ready for bed at 10ish and hopefully being in bed and asleep by 11pm) means I have a reasonable chance of a sensible amount of sleep before 6.30am.

What really seems to have made a difference is regular exercise and eating earlier... I'm now averaging just over 5 hours a night (and I can see the blip where I have a late evening meeting). Ironically I'm probably more tired now... possibly because I'm not running on adrenaline!
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Thanks Greenbee, exercise helps. It's just small one gets up at 5-5.30 so I have to go to bed early. I can easily wind down, just wake in the night for hours!

Brrrrrr work is so cold. Prob not helped by the freezing banana smoothie I just drank. Sort that's 2 bananas I've had today and small peeps have had 1 each. Going to make banana loaf tomorrow!
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Just sat trying to work out money and it looks like, after I have paid everything, living on £10 a week, and including my £200 CC payment I am left with £10 and I'll need to pay £36 after school fees!!!! So I'm -£26....... Obv that can't happen soneBay I think will be my best friend. I have £7.50 worth of bids at the moment.... Arrghhh why are things so tight!!!!
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do you have a buy and sell site on face crack? I occasionally have some luck with that? I will have a think of anything extra you could do to make cash!! Do you get any moneu mid month? Xx
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Right going to sit tonight and come up with a make ends meet plan of action!
  • missymoo81
    Options
    laurenh1 wrote: »
    Do you have a buy and sell site on face crack? I occasionally have some luck with that? I will have a think of anything extra you could do to make cash!! Do you get any moneu mid month? Xx

Hey lovely thanks for posting, no I don't get money mid month, and I'm not on the face thing. I have plenty to eBay just hate the fees after the first 20 items. Will list some more higher value things on Sunday and see how I go. Trying to think I'd there is anything I can take back too. Might have £10's worth to take back to primarni but was going to exchange for Xmas presents. Oh actually have a pair of jeans I bought last month with tags on still I can exchange for presents and the £10 of stuff that is in date for refund I can just get a refund on. So that gives me £10.
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No im not, I just pop on it to sell stuff then leave again. Ill get ny thinking cap on for you :) xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure