Missy's spend £10 a week on groceries get the house sorted & hit this debt hard diary

Options

Comments

• missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    laurenh1 wrote: »
    I believe in you Peter Pan :T:T:T:T

Ah ha ha! Love it!
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Sorry about the tooth, I hate spending money at the dentist :mad:. If your tooth isn't actually hurting can you delay the trip to the dentist until you next get paid? (that's probably a silly suggestion so feel free to ignore it :o).

Gumtree sounds like a good suggestion. What about a free ad in your local paper (if available) to sell something? Or on the notice board of your local supermarket?

I'm sure you'll think of something, your every resourceful :)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,482 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Boo to the tooth :( Good luck with the challenge :)
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Awe thanks lovelies!

Have just got into bed as that's where it's warmest! Small ones are in bed. Had to drive at stupid speed to pick them up from after school club, last ones again! Gosh I hate all this rushing about snd driving fast it's so stressful!!!!

Food today was banana smoothie for me and biscuits banana and cereal for smalls. They had school dinner and I had some instant rice thing. Which wasn't very nice, took ages to cook and I could have made it cheaper and nicer at home. So although was only 24p in aldi I won't bother again. We just had ravioli and beans on toast for dinner. Only picked children up an hour ago, and we've practiced spellings, talked about school, eaten dinner together, snuggled in our pyjamas, had a treat, cleaned our teeth, had a story and got into bed, not bad going lol. I'm shattered though, and my house is an absolute tip!
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Glad you're using up the bananas :rotfl:

Spending time with your kids is more important than tidying the house missy.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • missymoo81
    edited 3 October 2017 at 7:20PM
    Options
    Glad you're using up the bananas :rotfl:

Spending time with your kids is more important than tidying the house missy.

Thanks hairy (I never know how to shorten your name, everything sounds inappropriate! :rotfl:)

Ok so mission to make £200.... I have £8 in my purse, and have £2 worth of silver coins I can add to make £10 so I need to find £190..... Sooooo...... Things I've listed on eBay, most have watchers. I've got 9 more things I can list this month for free. So am going to list my good gym leggings and tops, I have loads.... in the hope that they raise bigger amounts. The ones I've listed already have bids of £3 and £4 so a step in the right direction at least.
    Have worked out what I need shopping wise next week and think I can shave some off there too... I'm adamant I will do this! Usually a day like today and feeling so stressed would usually push me over the edge to spendsville on the CC. But not this time!!!! I will beat it!
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I don't mind being called hairy, although I'm not, honest :D

That's the spirit missy you can do this!
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    You will do it Missy! Do you survey?

Hope you're okay, take some time to yourself too x
  • missymoo81
    Options
    I haven't started surveying, I really should, I'm just so tired all the time from lack of sleep!!! I'm having some me time, trying not to fall asleep
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    I'm not surprised, you never seem to stop! x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business