Missy's spend £10 a week on groceries get the house sorted & hit this debt hard diary

Options

Comments

• missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the macaroni recipe. I wondered whether it was cheaper to buy sauce granules as cheese is so expensive..... Will have a think, will add broccoli to it too for greens. Hmmm I could made a sauce out of butternut squash and add some cheese to it.... Healthier and should be tasty, might try that.....

Another - on money today is my third no spend day but have just checked my bank and the money I spent on coffees has only just been taken so am £10 down on what I thought. That's karma for me finding the £10 lol.

Love your theory hairy. A disintegrated £20 would have done no one no good lol.

Ok finish work at 5 need to drive home and cook tea, put small ones to bed for 6.30. Do a workout and then settle down to watch bake off as I missed it. Going to write lists too. Hoping I can eek milk out until Monday too but still have 4 pints. Wondering what to do at the weekend for free.... Might be bikes to the park and picking up Autumn stuff to make Autumn pictures and baking.....
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Things I need to do in Oct:
    Look into rainbows and dancing for May
    Look into football for Roo
    Look into swimming for both
    eBay more look into selling amounts

With school trips and tooth fairies etc I still need to find £200!!!! Trying to think of higher price things I can sell on eBay next week.... Hmmmm thinking caps on
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    We are obviously dairy free, I make 'cheese' sauce with nutritional yeast.

IOU letter from the tooth fairy? Mine don't get money :o but get a nice letter with a choice of an activity to do. Explain to school and ask them to wait until payday? Afterall they can't leave them behind so even if you didn't pay they'd still go.
  • missymoo81
    Options
    We are obviously dairy free, I make 'cheese' sauce with nutritional yeast.

IOU letter from the tooth fairy? Mine don't get money :o but get a nice letter with a choice of an activity to do. Explain to school and ask them to wait until payday? Afterall they can't leave them behind so even if you didn't pay they'd still go.
    I have nutritional yeast but don't find it all that cheesey..?! Prob just me. Scraped together £1 for Roo, and bless he was so happy with it, that the tooth fairy actually came. I'll have a think about the school trip. Thanks HI
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    I don't find it as strong as real cheese but the kids are happy with it. and I cut value pasta into smaller pieces when making macaroni cheese.

Glad roo was happy, we only do the notes because I actually never have change/cash :o So it started a 'tradition' it has choices like sweets at the shop/a pocket money toy from the supermarket (£1)/a picnic in a den etc.

Are you looking into the clubs to all run together? I'm so unsure what to do with mine we find it hard to fit everything in just now but DS wants to go to scouts (or which ever it is for an 8 year old) but the nearest one doesn't finish till 8pm! Which I think's late on a school night :o
  • missymoo81
    Options
    I'm really finding it hard! And the cost is another thing but having s boy and a girl is tricky too. Going to try street dancing I think as that is before school. We do beavers now and multi-sports, but that is an after school club, I think it's going to overflow onto Saturday mornings which to be honest I don't really want to do but I don't know what else I can do. Swimming in going to see if they can go together. On what day though I don't know!!!! It's crazy!
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,168 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Don't over commit them - they're only little!

My niece is currently (Y1) refusing to do ANY after school activities. She did too much last year (gymnastics, ballet, tap, stagecoach, swimming) and has rebelled. My nephew does hockey & rugby by choice this term. Last year he tried art club and science club.

They have been doing swimming lessons, but we're going to take them out and start taking them ourselves again (I taught them both to swim) as they're not getting much out of the sessions apart from being exhausted after work.

Maybe pick one evening where they can do something they like in the same location to avoid wearing you out. And bankrupting you.

ETA - clubs before/after school on the days that you work might be a good idea... as long they're at school so it makes your day easier as you don't have to rush to work and back.
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 795 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You have inspired me to do Mac and Cheese for my boys for tea tomorrow nights :) !!
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Thanks Greenbee, I know, I'm going to consider things, I think they can do some things at the same time. So I will see what I can do. Thanks for the advice X

Yaaay Lauren, glad to have inspired you!

Ok so far today:
    Children has banana and shreddies for breakfast
    I had a banana and some biscuits
    Lunch children had school dinner, I had left over Bolognese and cake
    Dinner children will have pasta bake and I'm not sure what I'll have....

Thanks everyone for reading and posting, it really means a lot x
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,210 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Agree with Greenbee on the activities, I exhausted me and them dashing around so none of us enjoyed it. I used to let them choose one club.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure