Heating fault reason to refuse/return car?

Options

Comments

• Flipjango
    Options
    Yes, I've had auto climate control before but as I said, its switched to manual as I don't like it and want to control it myself.
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,646 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As you appear to be paranoid about secondhand cars going wrong, it may be an idea to think about buying new. No guarantee even a new car would not go wrong, but more likely not to. Also try and buy as locally as possible.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Flipjango wrote: »
    Yes, I've had auto climate control before but as I said, its switched to manual as I don't like it and want to control it myself.
    Have you now looked for and found the pollen filter

Each to their own but I love climate , manual air con needs constant adjustment , climate does it for you. Mine is on all year round ,pretty much around the same temp ( I do drive 30000 miles a year)
  • Flipjango
    Options
    I have had a look and can't find anywhere the pollen filter could be - everything is sealed up, there are no hatches or anything I can access.

I need warm feet. With the auto climate control on, its blowing cold air on my feet, hence their being a fault. The only way I can get warm air on my feet is to turn off all the other vents.
  • Flipjango
    Options
    As you appear to be paranoid about secondhand cars going wrong, it may be an idea to think about buying new. No guarantee even a new car would not go wrong, but more likely not to. Also try and buy as locally as possible.

Lovely idea but really can't afford to at the moment unfortunately.
  • bigisi
    bigisi Posts: 925 Forumite
    Options
    Five second google found this:

- Open the glovebox
    - Remove the interrior panel in glovebox
    - Remove the trim under the glovebox
    - Slide the airduct down (its the plastic left of the steering wheel shaft)
    - Once exposed remove the plastic flap covering the filters
    - Slide out the filter behind the steering wheel shaft
    - Slide the 2nd filter up into position where the 1st filter was and remove it in same manner

There are YouTube vids showing as well although I didn't watch them but I'd imagine they'd show you where it is and how to change.
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,646 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The trouble is if you reject this car, you will have all the upset, doubt, apprehension etc, etc with the next car you buy or try to buy.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks for this thread, my car windscreen hasn't been demisting very well lately and I've been putting off getting it sorted but this thread nudged me into checking my own pollen filter, I haven't changed it in the three years I've had the car and not had high mileage so only interim servicing done so it's been left. Less than two minutes to get into the filter to see that it is really overdue for replacement, new one ordered online for under £10 and I'll get it changed by the end of the week. Fingers crossed that makes my winter driving more bearable.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have had a look and can't find anywhere the pollen filter could be - everything is sealed up, there are no hatches or anything I can access.

I need warm feet. With the auto climate control on, its blowing cold air on my feet, hence their being a fault. The only way I can get warm air on my feet is to turn off all the other vents.
    Again, you keep saying this but you haven't actually proved this. You need to get a proper diagnosis, by an expert, of the fault, if any, else you will get nowhere.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    edited 19 November 2019 at 8:00AM
    Options

You mentioned earlier you are an engineer.. so following a you tube vid should be simple

there are many videos on you tube ( i mentioned google in a much earlier post) I dont understand your reluctance to at least make an effort to check the filter.

If its just the filter you are not going to be able to reject the car .

Maybe it needs regassing?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure