IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Letter of claim from bwlegal

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,260 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I wouldn't pick them up on the fact their template always assumes the victim was driving. That can be addressed when they try a claim (please don't worry).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • phoenixfreespirit
    Options
    Hi
    so before I have managed to send the brilliant reply ~ I was ready to take the letter to the post office tomorrow. I came home today to find a Notice of County Court Claim issued on 17th Sept for £263.48!!!
    :angry:
    Principle debt £100
    Interest £28.48
    Court fees £25
    Solicitors costs £110
    Outstanding balance to pay now £263.48!!
    I'm don't know whether to still send the same reply or what I do about this now? I do know I won't be taking up their generous offer to talk to one of their 'helpful' :mad: agents. I would rather have a CCJ than pay these scumbags a penny if it does come down to that!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 7 August 2020 at 7:07PM
    Options
    So the claim is dated 17th.

What was the date on the last letter BW Legal sent to you, and at the bottom, how long did it give you to reply?
  • phoenixfreespirit
    phoenixfreespirit Posts: 59 Forumite
    edited 20 September 2018 at 6:41PM
    Options
    Their last letter is the one in the links that you replied to ~ it is dated 7 Sept and doesn't give a time to reply in; the one before that which you also drafted the amazing reply which I sent to them also didn't give a date to reply by. The only one which did was the original letter of claim which came out of the blue dated 3rd July and said to get in touch before 7th August which I did. :( :question: :(
    So the timeline is lbc sent 3rd July I replied 30th July (before 7th August deadline)
    They replied on 8th Aug with no time frame for reply ~ I replied on 28th Aug
    They replied on 7th Sept again no time frame for reply ~ letter ready to send.
    Today received court claim dated 17th Sept :(:( .....
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Their last letter is the one in the links that you replied to
    The links are not working today so I couldn't check the dates or what it said about timescale.

OK so concentrate on reading the NEWBIES thread second post & following what to do.

As I said:
    you will need to create a Govt Gateway Account as explained in the NEWBIES thread post #2, about how to do the Acknowledgment of Service (AOS) for this claim, on MCOL.
    Then show us your defence by reading others and copying. It is that simple, there are thousands here (every second post or so).
  • phoenixfreespirit
    Options
    Should I still send your second letter or is it too late for that now? It seems a shame not to :/
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 7 August 2020 at 7:07PM
    Options
    Stick it in the post anyway, 1st class. Get a certificate of posting (free from the PO). Obviously not signed for.

Tell us when you have done the AOS, and then start reading example defences (you have ages as long as you do the AOS).
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 7 August 2020 at 7:08PM
    Options
    Read and bookmark the other threads the same as yours.

I suggest you all keep reading the advice on each other's threads and maybe swap info by private message, to support each other and share info and defences, as you will likely get small claims, which are likely to be beatable (no risk of a CCJ as long as none of you ignore it).
  • phoenixfreespirit
    phoenixfreespirit Posts: 59 Forumite
    edited 24 September 2018 at 5:44PM
    Options
    I have now done the MCOL; I will start my defense and look at all the other cases. Whatever happens they are not getting a penny from me.
    I am so thankful for all the help and knowledge on here and while it is good to fight these lowlife on an individual case by case basis;
    I also think that surely this site, pepipoo, parkingcowboys and others helping combat these lowlife have enough knowledge, clout, support and numbers to also successfully campaign/petition on a larger scale and find grounds to bring them down/get them stopped or at least regulated ~ especially if all the sites joined together with petitions/campaigns to break the thin ice these scumbag bullies and their extortion with menacing cohorts are already skating on!
    I would certainly be up for supporting/helping any such movement in any way I could.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 7 August 2020 at 7:09PM
    Options
    EDIT 2020 -
    IF YOU ARE READING THIS OLD THREAD, STOP!

WE NOW HAVE A TEMPLATE DEFENCE AT THE TOP OF THIS FORUM.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport