We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Best wellyboot forward. Pips frugal edible garden adventures.

Options

Comments

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,855 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Oooh, happy anniversary lovely folks! :):):)

I found a book I wrote as a small child in my office and thought it might amuse you :D It's called 'Eggs' and is cut into the shape of a (very oddly shaped) egg :D :rotfl:

It starts with

eggs are hatched by all sorts of animals. did you know that eggs where hatched by fish? yes they are

:D

Then I got a bit more descriptive

today we have been thinking about words in the order of the alphabet I thought of pullets I did not know what it ment so mrs langford told me she said that you call a young hen a pullet'

And it went on for a while, then got a bit more detailed about life spans etc

birds lay eggs in there nest's and the eggs hatch into little baby birds and they grow up and have more eggs so that is how it goes on

(I'm sure this is very informative for you all, and Pippi especially, who I imagine didn't know many of these egg-related facts)

We also talked about different animals

the frog lays the eggs and leaves them at the bottom of the pond and goes away

the toad goes to the bottom of the pond and lay there eggs. they are not like frogspawn it is in a line

(my personal favourite) snakes lay eggs and they crack and baby snakes come out and grow up and have babys and get married and it goes on and on (might have been getting a bit bored by this point??) :rotfl:

the last page starts with we have been talking about eggs for a LONG time...

:rotfl:

Sorry for the takeover Pippi, clearly I'm avoiding doing something more important but my little book of egg related knowledge did make me think of you :D
  • little_sweetie
    Options
    Happy Anniversary, Pips and TRG :love:
    Sealed Pot Challenge #012
    SPC #5 £111 SPC #6 £175 SPC #7 £151 SPC#8 £78 SPC#9 £72.50 SPC #10 £23.50 SPC #11 £276.18
    SPC #12 £108.56 SPC 13 £127.89 SPC 14 £113.62
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Happy Anniversary, hope you have both had a great day xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope you both had a lovely anniversary yesterday. I am ashamed to admit that I haven't even finished your present :o *goes and sits in the corner for being a bad friend* I'm sure it'll make a nice christmas/easter/10th anniversary present ;):o
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,961 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you had a good one :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Starnac, I only just finished their moving house present so I wouldn't worry too much :D

:hello:
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope you've been having a lovely time, Pippi, with TRG :) many congratulations :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Pippi! Martin's quoted you in the newsletter out on the 22nd!!!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Ooh, that's exciting KC! :j :j
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Waves to all and hello just back to the land of living.

:)

Lovely time away/and at home.

:)

Catching up, slowly. Starting some new volunteering today too, which I'm very excited about.

:D

Cuppa/catch up lists, you know the drill.

Thanks for all the lovely anniversary wishes, you all made it very special :) thank you.

A whole heap.
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income