Options

Comments

• AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    PMW wrote: »
    I to replace the Superfast Fibre that I currently have

BT and Sky don't offer the slower fibre now anyway, do they?
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,091 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 16 January 2020 at 7:59PM
    Options
    AndyPK wrote: »
    BT and Sky don't offer the slower fibre now anyway, do they?

BT offer BT Superfast Fibre Essential Unlimited,Average Speed 36mb

£24.99 per month £19.99 setup costs 24 month contract ( Current January sale price due to end midnight tonight I think and currently also available via Broadband Choices again until Midnight tonight I think)

Often not always available for Cashback site cashback, would work with BT refer a friend --£50 Amazon voucher each
  • PMW
    PMW Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your replies.

Still dithering here. Had some good views on Plusnet, but then some awful ones as well. It does seem to be a bit hit and miss with various companies as to whether something goes wrong, and, as stated, it seems to be more complicated than switching energy companies. I'd hate to be without a service for a while and then encounter various problems.

Someone asked what I pay now, which is £54.99 for broadband & line rental - which is less than BT actually wanted me to pay. They've been hassling me to upgrade for ages to something I don't think I need, for an extra fiver.

They say I can renew with them to keep this fantastic low price(!) when my contract expires in a couple of weeks. I'm not sure what they'd put it up to if I don't renew.

When there are companies that charge less than half this £54.99, I can't justify continuing with this price. But, as someone said, it's worth contacting them to say I'm going to leave to see what they say.
  • couriervanman
    couriervanman Posts: 1,667 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 17 January 2020 at 5:43PM
    Options
    Tell them your thinking of joining Now Broadband super fibre 63 for £30 including anytime calls and line rental......and see what they say

The worst that would happen when you switch to most providers is loss of broadband and phone line for a couple of hours on switch day
  • PMW
    Options
    Just adding another point about the email. I've been switching everything over to my gmail address, so it won't be such a loss to lose the BT email address.

I believe you can keep your phone number.
  • couriervanman
    Options
    Just adding another point about the email. I've been switching everything over to my gmail address, so it won't be such a loss to lose the BT email address.

I believe you can keep your phone number.

Yes most let you keep your number
  • PMW
    edited 17 January 2020 at 6:07PM
    Options
    To those who have done it, can you nominate your switch over day?

Obviously you don't want to do it just before your contract ends (with the possibility of an early termination bill - which I notice happened to someone else on these threads), but then you don't want to be billed for another month by going past the renewal date either.
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Someone asked what I pay now, which is £54.99 for broadband & line rental - which is less than BT actually wanted me to pay.
    Well FWIW when I instigated a switch from BT, they suddenly came up with an offer of £19.99pm for superfast broadband, landline and anytime calls (including mobile). That was sufficient to tempt me to stay.
    Stompa
  • couriervanman
    Options

Obviously you don't want to do it just before your contract ends (with the possibility of a termination bill - which I notice happened to someone else on these threads), but then you don't want to be billed for another month by going past the renewal date either.

Its normally 14 days.....the last couple of times I've changed it shows the calendar with their switch over date but you can always extend it....ie they tell you the 24th you can change it to 27th
  • PMW
    Options

Obviously you don't want to do it just before your contract ends (with the possibility of a termination bill - which I notice happened to someone else on these threads), but then you don't want to be billed for another month by going past the renewal date either.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure