IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

In court 15th January VCS

Options

Comments

• Lawrencegoole
    Options
    Just a quick post to thank everyone for the advice given. The case was thrown out, as VCS sent one solicitor for 3 cases all listed at the same time. The judge said he saw no reason why him or I should wait and struck it out.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just a quick post to thank everyone for the advice given. The case was thrown out, as VCS sent one solicitor for 3 cases all listed at the same time. The judge said he saw no reason why him or I should wait and struck it out.

wow, does that mean ALL 3 cases were struck out ???
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you have time, would you please expand on what happened, especially the reason why the claim(s) were struck out.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Lawrencegoole
    Options
    I received a time of 10am to appear at Doncaster Magistrates Court. On arrival looked at the list said there were 3 cases all with VCS all for 10am at 3 separate courts. One couple said they really wanted to go first as they had to get to work so approached the clerk, they went first at 10am. I was feeling a bit down as to why they went first, but then after 10 mins judge asked to see me. He explained that though there were 3 cases VCS had only sent one representative. He said he wasn't happy that either I or him should be waiting around and wouldn't allow cross courting, so that if it is was ok with me he would "strike the case". He said that there was a slight risk that VCS could start the case again but doubted this personally. Thanks again everyone.
  • Lawrencegoole
    Options
    Sorry no think they allowed the first one , not sure what result was.
  • THX-1-1-3-8
    Options
    Be interesting reading to see what happened on the other two.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Did you get your costs of attending - half days loss of leave etc, as normal?

A wins a win
    No chance theyll appeal, as then the court can simply sanction them for wasted costs of the hearing anyway, say £500 in costs to the court...
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    Options
    I can only guess but I imagine the first one was thrown out. If the issues were broadly similar in all 3 cases that would enable the judge to chuck out the other 2 without a hearing.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    Options
    The judge doesnt even have to do that - if theyre all scheduled a th same time they can summarily stirke out the 2 claims they want and hear another. The outcome of the heard one has no bearing on why the other two were struck at all.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    waamo wrote: »
    I can only guess but I imagine the first one was thrown out. If the issues were broadly similar in all 3 cases that would enable the judge to chuck out the other 2 without a hearing.

Hope you are right, think you are waamo

As each case will have different issues, the one joining factor would be abuse of process ... the fake add-on
    Maybe that is why all 3 cases were listed for the same time

The penalty paid by VCS for attempting to scam the motorist and the court
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family