New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

In court 15th January VCS

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
36 replies 1.1K views

Replies

• The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams, so consider complaining to your MP, it can cause the scammer extra costs and work, and has been known to get the charge cancelled.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, many of whom are former clampers, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.[/FONT][/FONT]
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    49.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused by the confusion of timings.

Did somebody else use the car, or was this two separate visits (a double dip)? What exactly are they claiming, an overstay, leaving site, not paying, not paying enough etcetera?

I would think that their signage is forbidding as it is not offering parking (no consideration) for non customers, so either the driver was a customer so didn't breach the Ts and Cs, or they weren't so there was no offer to park.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    91.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You really need to read CEC16's thread. Not to know abut the added £60 suggests you haven't read threads since November which deal with all this.

You then need to search the forum for supplementary witness statement and (separate search) VCS witness statement Roch and copy from others.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Snakes_BellySnakes_Belly Forumite
    1.9K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    I'm confused by the confusion of timings.

Did somebody else use the car, or was this two separate visits (a double dip)? What exactly are they claiming, an overstay, leaving site, not paying, not paying enough etcetera?

I would think that their signage is forbidding as it is not offering parking (no consideration) for non customers, so either the driver was a customer so didn't breach the Ts and Cs, or they weren't so there was no offer to park.

Could it be possible that the driver had been to B and Q to collect some materials for a job and found later in the day that they needed something else? It's quite feasible as people do find that they need more materials, parts etc.

Nolite te bast--des carborundorum.
  • Thanks for all your help, the actual truth is the retail park is across the road from my house. For about 10 years all was good and we could usually use our drive and if someone visited or my son had his car on our drive you could just pop it over the road for an hour or two. Then they came put these signs up and after no notice being taken for about 2 months suddenly received this. Within 6 months the signs and parking restrictions were gone and now again parking resumed. The car park was never ever full and we know all the retailers so no problems. The reason I did not pay was firstly I thought they would just go away. But then thought well how can they ever prove I wasn't using the shops. In VCS witness statement it is full of little maps of the place and even pictures of my car but no theory as to why I wasn't using the shops.
  • Sorry for being so stupid on these things, one of the main worries is my wife who i assured for 4 years that nothing would happen is now very annoyed that what could have cost £60 might now cast £185. But seriously I know thanks to Waamo that i can't introduce new evidence , but can I counter the accusations that VCS have made? How does the hearing work?
    For example VCS claim they are still contracted to maintain the parking , but they are not all the signage was removed years ago. The VCS claim said I could not use B and Q but their own Google map shows my car was parked very close to B and Q. The statement says all the shops closed at 8pm so I could not be a customer but surely I was not on a timer and could have left and slowly strolled back to the car. Some signage issues, and the biggest point the added £60 that they say " Damages will be sought and added to the value of the charge levied. The maximum amount awarded is £60 which is identified as a debt recovery charge"
  • edited 30 December 2019 at 1:16AM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    91.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 December 2019 at 1:16AM
    Can I just encourage you to do the searches I suggested because they answer your questions (the 'VCS Roch' search shows you how to rebut their WS which is done routinely on umpteen winning VCS threads you could learn from!) and doing these two searches and reading the posts that come up, will tell you what a hearing is like, too:
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    You really need to read CEC16's thread. Not to know abut the added £60 suggests you haven't read threads since November which deal with all this.

You then need to search the forum for supplementary witness statement and (separate search) VCS witness statement Roch and copy from others.
    None of this matters as they CANNOT add sixty quid - or anything in 'damages', not even if the sign says so - if you understand the CEC16 case arguments:
    Some signage issues, and the biggest point the added £60 that they say " Damages will be sought and added to the value of the charge levied. The maximum amount awarded is £60 which is identified as a debt recovery charge"
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • waamowaamo Forumite
    10.3K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Introducing the Consumer Rights Act isn't adding new evidence (the thread I linked to explains it fully). Essentially as its primary legislation it isn't "new" it's a point that can be introduced at any time as a business should be aware of the law.
    This space for hire.
  • beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    16.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    " Damages will be sought and added to the value of the charge levied. The maximum amount awarded is £60 which is identified as a debt recovery charge"

Did VCS really say that ???

Maybe they ARE getting this fairy tale from the IPC CoP WHICH IS NOT THE LAW .......THE REAL LAW says no, they cannot

READ HOW THE BPA AND IPC entice their members to break the
    law
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6083229
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS
    DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
  • Snakes_BellySnakes_Belly Forumite
    1.9K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.iopeningtimes.co.uk/B&Q/Castleford/

Some B and Q's close at 21.00 pm. It may be that even if the store near to where you parked now closes at 20.00 pm they might have been open until 21.00 pm in 2015. VCS will try it on. You are not dealing with John Lewis.

Also stores close the doors at closing time but there are still people in the store often still browsing and there are sometimes queues at the tills. If there was a query at the till it may have been 20.20 PM before you left the store. Which B and Q store was it?

Nolite te bast--des carborundorum.