PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Cash Buyers

Comments

• csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    every house will sell quickly at the right price, whats acceptable for you?
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • Carl2510
    Carl2510 Posts: 529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Personally If I was to get what I paid for it I’d be happy and if it was a few grand more I’d be happy.
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Carl2510 wrote: »
    Personally If I was to get what I paid for it I’d be happy and if it was a few grand more I’d be happy.

The question is what is the realistic price at present? not what you paid for it, it may not fetch that depending on location and market
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • Carl2510
    When it was on the market it was £125K I got it for 120 as they wanted to sell quick as they had a house going through as well, got it valued for remortgaging last year and they valued it at 130K I know they only do that to actually help with the better interest though. But I’d be happy with 125K
  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,609 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    When it was on the market it was £125K I got it for 120 as they wanted to sell quick as they had a house going through as well, got it valued for remortgaging last year and they valued it at 130K I know they only do that to actually help with the better interest though. But I’d be happy with 125K

The cash buyers will typically pay you under £100k.
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • Carl2510
    Yeah like you said there after making a profit.

Got an email today from one, so need to give a call back. And see what they say I shall report back.
  • Carl2510
    Update

Rang the guy today, pretty much wouldn’t even give me an offer unless I was looking to sell there and then. So I will more than likely sack off that avenue to go down. As the email they sent they did say likely to offer 80% of the value.

Thank you all for your help.
  • One of the offers I had for my property was from a cash buyer offering about 3% less than the highest bidder who "thought he could get a mortgage", I chose Mr Cash Buyer who was very little trouble and didn't try to lower the price.
  • Carl2510
    One of the offers I had for my property was from a cash buyer offering about 3% less than the highest bidder who "thought he could get a mortgage", I chose Mr Cash Buyer who was very little trouble and didn't try to lower the price.

I will more than likely try nearer the time I’m selling and see what I can get. But I definitely can’t afford a 20% drop on sale.
  • MobileSaver
    MobileSaver Posts: 4,232 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    One of the offers I had for my property was from a cash buyer offering about 3% less than the highest bidder
    I will more than likely try nearer the time I’m selling and see what I can get.

I am pretty sure peterhjohnson was referring to a normal cash buyer individual and not one of the Quick Sale Cash Buyer companies.

As has been pointed out, the problem with the Quick Sale companies is they may initially make what seems an acceptable offer but then will typically reduce it at the very last minute with little, if any, reason and no recourse.

I'm sure there are one or two legitimate Quick Sale companies but they are few and far between so do not get sucked in and find yourself in a position where you get ripped off because they've strung it out to the point where you are now desperate to sell at pretty much any cost.
    Every generation blames the one before...
    Mike + The Mechanics - The Living Years
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport