PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Cash Buyers

Options

Comments

• Carl2510
    Carl2510 Posts: 529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes sorry that is the website I meant.

I guess I’m not in a massive rush to sell. But I’m just not sure I could wait 6 months plus for it to sell if I went through an estate agent. Would you recommend I get it on the market in the summer, my only problem if it was to sell early I’d then end up paying a fee for not staying in the fixed term.
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    See post 5 above.
  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,665 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You don’t have to sell before your fixed term ends, even if you get an offer. Likewise, if you go onto standard rate for a month or two, that’s not the end of the world. It’s certainly better than selling well below market value.
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,813 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Why are you worried about the fixed term?

Why not remortgage the house like the rest of us for a better rate? You don't have to choose a fixed term either. We don't all just up sticks and sell our houses when a foxed rate ends.

You should be speaking to a mortgage broker first.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • Carl2510
    Options
    Because there are fees for leaving a mortgage term early.
  • GDB2222
    Options
    Carl2510 wrote: »
    Because there are fees for leaving a mortgage term early.

So, go on to standard rate, after the term has ended.
  • Carl2510
    Options
    I get what your all saying, why not try get market value. I just hear like it can take a while to sell through an estate agent.
  • GDB2222
    Options
    Carl2510 wrote: »
    I get what your all saying, why not try get market value. I just hear like it can take a while to sell through an estate agent.

Yes, it can take time. Or you can sell to a cash buyer at 20% or more below market value. Your choice.
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    GDB2222 wrote: »
    So, go on to standard rate, after the term has ended.
    Or one of the tracker rate deals which don't have an early redemption penalty.

Even "standard" interest rates are hardly extortionate at the moment, it's not a great money-saving idea to avoid a few months of slightly higher mortgage payments in favour of chucking away thousands on the sale price.
  • Carl2510
    Options
    Would it make sense then to get an estate agent to value my home, and then just see what the quick sale people would actually offer? But I appreciate all the advice, it probably would be better if I get it up for sale in the summer obviously a quick sale is better and maybe worth the fees to get out of the mortgage than lose on the quick sale from th cash buyers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure