New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Cash Buyers

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in House Buying, Renting & Selling
48 replies 2.7K views

Replies

• Carl2510Carl2510 Forumite
    476 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Yes sorry that is the website I meant.

I guess I’m not in a massive rush to sell. But I’m just not sure I could wait 6 months plus for it to sell if I went through an estate agent. Would you recommend I get it on the market in the summer, my only problem if it was to sell early I’d then end up paying a fee for not staying in the fixed term.
  • G_MG_M Forumite
    52K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    See post 5 above.
    ** If I include a blue link in my post, click and read it before posting a follow-up question. The answer may be in the link! **
  • GDB2222GDB2222 Forumite
    18.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don’t have to sell before your fixed term ends, even if you get an offer. Likewise, if you go onto standard rate for a month or two, that’s not the end of the world. It’s certainly better than selling well below market value.
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • DoozergirlDoozergirl Forumite
    30.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you worried about the fixed term?

Why not remortgage the house like the rest of us for a better rate? You don't have to choose a fixed term either. We don't all just up sticks and sell our houses when a foxed rate ends.

You should be speaking to a mortgage broker first.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
    476 posts
    ✭✭
    Because there are fees for leaving a mortgage term early.
    18.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carl2510 wrote: »
    Because there are fees for leaving a mortgage term early.

So, go on to standard rate, after the term has ended.
    476 posts
    ✭✭
    I get what your all saying, why not try get market value. I just hear like it can take a while to sell through an estate agent.
    18.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carl2510 wrote: »
    I get what your all saying, why not try get market value. I just hear like it can take a while to sell through an estate agent.

Yes, it can take time. Or you can sell to a cash buyer at 20% or more below market value. Your choice.
  • davidmcndavidmcn Forumite
    21.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GDB2222 wrote: »
    So, go on to standard rate, after the term has ended.
    Or one of the tracker rate deals which don't have an early redemption penalty.

Even "standard" interest rates are hardly extortionate at the moment, it's not a great money-saving idea to avoid a few months of slightly higher mortgage payments in favour of chucking away thousands on the sale price.
    476 posts
    ✭✭
    Would it make sense then to get an estate agent to value my home, and then just see what the quick sale people would actually offer? But I appreciate all the advice, it probably would be better if I get it up for sale in the summer obviously a quick sale is better and maybe worth the fees to get out of the mortgage than lose on the quick sale from th cash buyers.