Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Naomi
    • By MSE Naomi 25th Jun 19, 12:51 PM
    • 326Posts
    • 73Thanks
    MSE Naomi
    EE to hike cost of out-of-bundle calls and texts - MSE News
    • 25th Jun 19, 12:51 PM
    EE to hike cost of out-of-bundle calls and texts - MSE News 25th Jun 19 at 12:51 PM
    Pay-monthly EE customers will have to pay more for calls and texts not included in their plans from August, as the mobile giant has announced it's hiking out-of-bundle prices...
    Read the full story:
    'EE to hike cost of out-of-bundle calls and texts'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
Page 1
    • eDicky
    • By eDicky 25th Jun 19, 5:05 PM
    • 4,982 Posts
    • 3,059 Thanks
    eDicky
    • 25th Jun 19, 5:05 PM
    • 25th Jun 19, 5:05 PM
    I don't think EE has offered plans other than with unlimited minutes/texts for at least a couple of years, so anyone liable for the 'out of bundle' price increases is probably past their contract minimum term and paying far too much anyway...
    • Ian011
    • By Ian011 25th Jun 19, 6:27 PM
    • 2,312 Posts
    • 1,459 Thanks
    Ian011
    • 25th Jun 19, 6:27 PM
    • 25th Jun 19, 6:27 PM
    Indeed, if you are exceeding your inclusive allowance for calls to geographic numbers starting 01 and 02, non-geographic numbers starting 03 or mobile numbers starting 071 to 075 or 077 to 079 then you are probably on the wrong call plan.

Given that usage of premium rate 084 and 087 numbers is now banned for most purposes, there should be no need to ever call those numbers. Likewise, there should be no need to call any numbers starting 055, 056, 070 or 076.

This just leaves calls to landline or mobile numbers in CI and IoM and to genuine premium rate services on 09 numbers and to directory enquiries.
    • Bmwm3gt2
    • By Bmwm3gt2 26th Jun 19, 9:39 PM
    • 239 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Bmwm3gt2
    • 26th Jun 19, 9:39 PM
    • 26th Jun 19, 9:39 PM
    How do you inform them you with to terminate due to the rises? I call and message international numbers so it will affect me but I'm unsure if I can call or need to put it in writing? Thanks
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 27th Jun 19, 8:30 AM
    • 4,853 Posts
    • 2,852 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 27th Jun 19, 8:30 AM
    • 27th Jun 19, 8:30 AM
    How do you inform them you with to terminate due to the rises? I call and message international numbers so it will affect me but I'm unsure if I can call or need to put it in writing? Thanks
    Originally posted by cbrookes
    Call once you've been informed directly by EE.
    • simax
    • By simax 27th Jun 19, 8:57 AM
    • 1,799 Posts
    • 617 Thanks
    simax
    • 27th Jun 19, 8:57 AM
    • 27th Jun 19, 8:57 AM
    Why not use the free call abroad add-on then? Which countries do you call/text?
    I say it as it is - you may not like that but what would you prefer? A string of false platitudes that are no help whatsoever just to make you feel better? If my advice has helped, please press the Thanks button over here ----------------V. Cheers
    • Bmwm3gt2
    • By Bmwm3gt2 27th Jun 19, 1:07 PM
    • 239 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Bmwm3gt2
    • 27th Jun 19, 1:07 PM
    • 27th Jun 19, 1:07 PM
    Free? Not aware of that. I call/text many EU countries plus US&Canada. I'm aware I can roam without charge on the Max plan but don't think I can call them without charge?
    • Bmwm3gt2
    • By Bmwm3gt2 27th Jun 19, 5:58 PM
    • 239 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Bmwm3gt2
    • 27th Jun 19, 5:58 PM
    • 27th Jun 19, 5:58 PM
    So apparently I cannot cancel as the rise is not of detrimental effect to me, this was after being put through to a manager yet the original assistant allegedly spoke to his manager when he put me on hold and told me his manager said you cannot cancel without penalty for out of plan rises, only monthly contract rises?!
    • simax
    • By simax 27th Jun 19, 7:15 PM
    • 1,799 Posts
    • 617 Thanks
    simax
    • 27th Jun 19, 7:15 PM
    • 27th Jun 19, 7:15 PM
    Free? Not aware of that. I call/text many EU countries plus US&Canada. I'm aware I can roam without charge on the Max plan but don't think I can call them without charge?
    Call 150 and ask for it, or add it through your online account.

Rates here -> https://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/help-pdfs/calling-abroad-add-on-pay-monthly-costs-08052019.pdf
    I say it as it is - you may not like that but what would you prefer? A string of false platitudes that are no help whatsoever just to make you feel better? If my advice has helped, please press the Thanks button over here ----------------V. Cheers
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 28th Jun 19, 11:16 AM
    • 8,276 Posts
    • 2,869 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    So apparently I cannot cancel as the rise is not of detrimental effect to me, this was after being put through to a manager yet the original assistant allegedly spoke to his manager when he put me on hold and told me his manager said you cannot cancel without penalty for out of plan rises, only monthly contract rises?!
    Shock horror. Same old same old. Next....
    • sully1311
    • By sully1311 1st Jul 19, 4:44 PM
    • 183 Posts
    • 112 Thanks
    sully1311
    Make an official complaint if you believe the rise is going to have a detrimental effect and then take it to the Ombudsman if that fails.
    • VanquishStorm
    • By VanquishStorm 6th Jul 19, 2:27 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    VanquishStorm
    Is there honestly any point going to the ombudsman.

My wife has been sent a deadlock letter from EE which isn't worth the paper it is written on and only mentioning RPI increases and not these bundle charges despite that being what the email and text were about and the phone call to EE CS, a CS manager and their "Executive" team.

EE seem to think they can do what they like.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 6th Jul 19, 3:14 PM
    • 8,276 Posts
    • 2,869 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    It's always worth going to the Ombudsman IF you have a good case. No point in winging about increases unless they break the t&c. In this case, they don't - unless it actually affects you outside the RPI increase.
    • VanquishStorm
    • By VanquishStorm 7th Jul 19, 7:54 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    VanquishStorm
    Any increase is a change in the contract.

It's all well and good saying "unless they break the T&C's" but EE believe they can do anything they want under their T&Cs. Which they would not provide me a copy of only pointing me to their website.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 8th Jul 19, 8:47 AM
    • 8,276 Posts
    • 2,869 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    Any increase is a change in the contract.

It's all well and good saying "unless they break the T&C's" but EE believe they can do anything they want under their T&Cs. Which they would not provide me a copy of only pointing me to their website.
    Originally posted by VanquishStorm
    You obviously haven't read the contract.
    • VanquishStorm
    • By VanquishStorm 9th Jul 19, 7:29 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    VanquishStorm
    I have read my contract. I am asking them to point out where it states they can raise prices and change the contract at any point without making the contract null and void.

They can not provide me with this section, even if they could it does not make it legally binding.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 10th Jul 19, 7:57 AM
    • 8,276 Posts
    • 2,869 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    I have read my contract. I am asking them to point out where it states they can raise prices and change the contract at any point without making the contract null and void.

They can not provide me with this section, even if they could it does not make it legally binding.
    Originally posted by VanquishStorm
    Mobile contracts generally allow for increases up to the RPI. Yours would be prety unique if it doesn't. Price increases are not therefore a change of contract. Your contract also specifies a bundle. Since the price increases are on out of bundle prices they only affect people who exceed the bundle they contracted for.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,357Posts Today

7,173Users online

Martin's Twitter