PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Lemonade Budget.

Options

Comments

• lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 16 April 2019 at 8:44AM
    Options
    Good morning everyone

Champagne moments yesterday......having a wardrobe sort out, finding summer clothes that now fit, and losing another 1lbs this week. Aiming for more wardrobe sorting in the next few weeks when I will be able to get rid of some of my too big clothes. :j

Prinzessilien. Yesssssss to the nicer glassware. So often we do this, we save things "for best" whilst all our nice things remain in cupboards, never seeing the light of day.

Where's the luxury in plastic beakers. :rotfl:

I too can be clumsy so in the past I would be nervous about using my good things. Not now, as I gradually declutter I am now starting to use and wear all my nice things.

Sure, it takes a bit more effort to dress nicely, lay a pretty table with flowers and nice crockery and glassware but it makes every day feel a little bit more special. Just a few simple tweaks can add to that feeling of luxury and abundance.

Yesterday I bought a nice table runner from a charity shop for £0.75. I have several in different colours. I keep the crockery to plain white and ring the changes by switching table runners and the flowers to add colour.

Flowers are nature's Chanel.

I might not be able to dress in Chanel or even run to Chanel perfume but I can buy a nice bunch of flowers ......and when my garden is more productive I will even have some free flowers. :rotfl:
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you Prinzessilein, at least I only had to wait 14 weeks from applying for my PIP to being awarded it. :D

My Champagne moments yesterday were opening all of my cards and presents from my family. I got some really gorgeous gifts and a total of £200 in cash. :T:D:j

My other Champagne moment yesterday was going to Frankie & Benny's in The Strand with my sisters H & J, my younger daughter and my younger son. We all enjoyed our food and drink and just talking and laughing among ourselves :j:D
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Sounds like you had a lovely birthday sugarbaby.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Champagne moments yesterday, were sorting through 2 suitcases of holiday clothes, n finding some lovely stuff .Some of it, I will need to slim down for, but I still have 7 months to do it in :j
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    candygirl wrote: »
    Champagne moments yesterday, were sorting through 2 suitcases of holiday clothes, n finding some lovely stuff .Some of it, I will need to slim down for, but I still have 7 months to do it in :j

I don't have enough clothes to separate them into winter/summer ones. They all fit into my wardrobe and chest of drawers. It just means some of it doesn't get used for about 6 months of the year!

Denise
  • lessonlearned
    Options

You'll do it......just think how great it will feel to get into those lovely things.

How are you all getting on with the 1 hour a day rule.

Well today I had my acupuncture and have been resting my knee so haven't done a great deal. I'll get cracking to tomorrow, I have a friend coming round. It will motivate me to get some cleaning done before she comes. :D.

Chamoagne moments today........my lunch was a delicious ham and cheese stuffed croissant, a rare treat. And a bunch of deep red tulips.

Going to watch Line of Duty ......
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    I don't have enough clothes to separate them into winter/summer ones. They all fit into my wardrobe and chest of drawers. It just means some of it doesn't get used for about 6 months of the year!

Denise

Sounds like the perfect capsule wardrobe.

One day I shall be a minimalist. :rotfl: I'm working on it. My aim is to have a perfectly edited and curated wardrobe of clothes that I adore and that make me feel like a million dollars.

As I ditch all my old clothes when they get too big I am going to be very selective about what I buy to replace them.

I did read somewhere that most people actually have far more clothes than is necessary and that they wear about 20 percent of their clothes 80 per cent of the time.I do now believe that "less is more". I am not going to just wantonly dispose of 80 percent of my wardrobe but I definitely won't be buying as much in future.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,089 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good evening everyone,
    I had a major cull of my wardrobes last year and got rid of all my work wear apart from a few pairs of trousers. It was very liberating:) though I did then spend a fair bit on items more appropriate to my current lifestyle. I like layers so many things do me year round in one guise or another so I don't bother separating my winter/summer wardrobes. I will need a few bits this summer but will wait to see what the weather does. At least now I have time to keep an eye out for sales:). I'm on the look out for a summer jacket, casual but not too casual IFYSWIM in navy or olive green- I kind of know what I want or more correctly what I don't but haven't seen it yet. I'm enjoying the fact that I have set myself an annual clothing budget, it helps me focus on what I really need but also means guilt-free spending when I do buy something as I know it's accounted for.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    LL I have been doing the 1 hour thing .Almost anything is bearable for 60 mins, with the exception of ironing:rotfl:
    You sound amazingly organised CARONC :D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,089 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You sound amazingly organised CARONC :D
    I wish that were the case:rotfl::rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories